“You’re troll”
“Prove it!”
“No, you prove it first”

What schools are you going to, kids?

1 Like

Skipped School to save me some time
I know smart

2 Likes

The school of EVE. It is like the school of life, but more brutal and complex. I for one am not a lawyer but have my attorney present when I post, just in case. Note that you have not read us our miranda rights so you cannot use our posts in a court of law.

1 Like

Don’t you know? This is PvP… Forum PvP.

Just ignore and cary on. Best solution to trolls.

2 Likes

What posts are you referring to? No citation? I bet you just make this stuff up. Pics or didn’t happen. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Nothing is more brutal and complex than life itself. Life is survival

1 Like

Actually if they dont ask you a question and you voluntarly give them info it doesnt matter. They only have to read you your rights after they arrest you and before they question you. Anything you say can still can be used.

1 Like

I’m a lawyer. But not the exciting kind.

1 Like

This is the difference between hear say/lies and saying something that might actually be true.

Considering many of the topics on this forum, distinguishing between the two can be important.

2 Likes

Wait, I thought we can just make up lies all the time without being challenged to provide supporting evidence. What’s going on?!

1 Like

@Scoots_Choco is an exotic dancer, no you cant ask for photos.

1 Like

No, they aren’t lawyers. Kids these days are pseudoscientists - its the end result of the “back to basics” movement in our schools, pushing everyone to think they have a future in math and science, and encouraging them all to become robots.

It’s time to bring back Latin and Greek.

4 Likes

Interesting. I’d say it’s more to do with the extreme availability of information/misinformation. When anyone can type a search into Google, everyone has an “informed” opinion. I think more emphasis should be placed on helping kids understand how to vet all that information they have access to these days.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean the languages, or the philosophical concepts present in a lot of the Greek and Latin classics? I’m not disagreeing, just curious as to your reasoning.

1 Like

Both, of course. Learning Latin is in itself a positive good, but naturally one learns Latin Livy and Cicero, Plato and Archimedes, learning the nature and art of rhetorical debate. We have far too many children that fail to understand how to present an argument.

You are quite right about the negative effects of the internet. Time and again I see people cite Wikipedia as their ‘source’ and ‘proof’ of their claim. Once, when I was teaching a freshman history course, I had a student actually submit a plagiarized Wikipedia article. He used a color printer, so all the proper nouns were hyperlinked in blue! Even worse, I had anticipated that a student might access that article, and I had inserted false facts as an experiment to see if any of my students might include them in their essay.

Later, I had to meet with the department head and explain why I was allegedly making fun of one of my own snowflakes. We also need to bring back goofus hats and sitting in the corner as punishment for academic transgressions.

5 Likes

Dont you know colleges hand out participation trophies, they are called degrees.

2 Likes

Hahahaha, what a facepalm moment. Always amazed at the lengths people will go to get out of having to actually do anything.

1 Like

I don’t know about learning Latin, but teaching multiple languages as well as proper forms of rhetoric and debate is definitely a movement I can get behind. Maybe even teaching people about some of the old philosophers from around the globe like Confucius and Laozi, not just the ones from the Anglosphere.

Lazy and an amateur, then. Any proper Wikipedia article will have inline citations directing the reader to precise sections of credible sources! I mean, just look at the references section of Wikipedia’s article on the Rosetta Stone for an example of what you can find if you bother to do more than glance at an article.

Please tell me you went back and corrected those changes? I understand your reasons, but leaving bad information in a Wikipedia article is not what I’d call a good thing.

Especially for someone who’s naturally gullible and credulous, like me.

Whenever I see someone post something on these forums like “X is bad and should be removed from the game” or “CCP should do ABC because it would draw more players” I’m predisposed to believe that they’re not just telling the truth, but stating an objective fact. It isn’t a conscious decision; I don’t instinctively consider if the person is lying or not, I have to force myself to look at what they’ve posted from a critical standpoint.

For someone like me, internet forums can be a rough place because I don’t know who’s right or wrong and it drives me up the wall, but I also know that this is something I’ll have to deal with throughout my life. So I tough it out, force myself to think critically and learn as much as I can from watching people argue, while maybe doing some good along the way.

Of course not. Whenever I get a chance, I go to Wikipedia and add false information. Usually I cite fake sources, or even random pages from real sources. I try to see how long it takes before they remove it, and when they don’t remove it then I consider that a win.

1 Like

You fiend!

Seriously though, not cool. There’s enough misinformation out there as it is, I feel like it’s better to correct it whenever we can instead of worsening the problem.