Is Hisec ganking good for the game?

The game where someone questions your position and you just refuse to answer?

Thats uh… You.

But its cool, as long as we both know you arent actually interested in a discussion then Im as happy to not receive any more replies from you as you are not to send any.

Right?

2 Likes

It’s like those soldiers who used that puppy for target practice in Afghanistan. HEY, puppies can have rabies and bite pretty hard so they are dangerous and needed to be killed so it wouldn’t bite a child and since they were taking its life anyway why not have fun at the same time, right?

Peuh-lease

1 Like

This is what I mean with

taking the moral high ground of refusing to shoot defenseless ships

In an RTS like age of empires, warcraft, starcraft, would you refuse to shoot workers because they cannot shoot back?

EVE is very similar to the concept of RTS games, where you gather, transport and produce more workers and fighters to kill enemy workers and fighters to eventually destroy the enemy base. With as main difference that in EVE players are one (or multiple) unit(s) that can band together.

In a competitive RTS, when given the chance, you should harass, kill or convert enemy gatherers.

Who cares that they cannot shoot back? It’s a competitive game, not real life.

1 Like

No it’s not.

Humm, I hope you’ve noticed but those are REAL people behind those avatars piloting them ships, they’re not NPC’s.
You’re comparing a game like Age of Empires to a multiplier game like EVE? haha… now I understand where you’re coming from even better.
That’s sad, man. That’s just sad.

It’s a video game. If someone wants to rp as a pirate with no morals blowing up weak miners then what’s the problem? It’s no different from rp’ing as a moral capsuleer who only fights when attacked. It’s all possible and valid in a video game.

All play styles are and should be welcome. Making judgements about a players character over how they play a video game is bizarre to say the least.

It’s escapism. And fun.

2 Likes

Hey! Where you been? I missed ya.

Oh you know. Here and there

You ate breakfast yet? I’m having a huge waffle with myrtles in it and coffee. That’s kickass in the morning. You? Cereals? Croissants?

Yes, I have noticed I am competing against REAL people, that’s kind of the whole point of a competitive multiplayer game.

It’s not really that interesting to compete against the computer, it gets predictable and boring.

By the way, real time strategy games can be played against other players too. Would it be unfair to kill the (defenseless) workers of the enemy player, just because you are playing against a ‘REAL’ person? If no, why would it be unfair in EVE?

I couldn’t tell you, I never played Age of Empires in a multiplayer setting before, only against the computer.

And you keep replying. Fascinating, captain.

Go play your childish games with someone else, please

1 Like

Imagine killing defenseless workers when playing against the computer, but then when you’re competing against a real person. Shouldn’t be that hard?

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about me not wanting to blow up unarmed vessels.

Can he go pew-pew against me?
No
So I won’t go pew-pew against him.

Does he have a weapon?
No
So I won’t turn my weapon against him.

How has something so simple turned into so many posts?? I’m flabbergasted.

How do you know he cant pew pew? Are you always fitting a ship scanner?

I’m still wanting to know if you had breakfast. Cereals? Croissants, Creamy Puffs?

How do you know anything in EVE? Is it telepathy or magic?

Or yennoe they could fit a tank and watch local. They have a 100% accurate snapshot of anyone who comes in system. What other advantage do you need?

Sometimes its a battle proc :smiley:

What kind of loser undocks in a ship that isn’t tanked?

What I find disturbing is you think people blowing up space pixels means they are a psychopath. Also, I’ve done all that and then blown them up one the last relic :smiley:

Yes it is. C.R.E.A.M.

The pursuit of which tends to bring all the other factors in. I’m guessing more and more you’re a bittervet.

So you admit the miners are shallow. I see the true colors have finally appeared :smiley:

Oof. There is a whole bunch of therapy needed behind this post.

They do all the time? Did you just miss out on the Great War or

It is. Totally irrelevant. Honestly bro, seek medical help.

Yes, I have before. Would you like a fit? Here you go.

[Venture, Battle Venture]

Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

200mm AutoCannon II, Hail S
200mm AutoCannon II, Hail S
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Hobgoblin II x2

You seem to be confusing a game with real life quite often. That is dangerous.

Bro, seek help. Seriously.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with not wanting to shoot unarmed vessels.

But there is something wrong when you try to take the moral high ground of ‘you wouldn’t do that in real life’ when we’re talking about a game.

Yes, you can choose who you want to shoot or not.

1 Like

Well in the case of ships. You scan them and see how they are fitted. Otherwise you don’t really know do you? You are just making an assumption. And while with miners you are gonna be correct 95% of the time folk do fit ventures for combat. Hell i know corps that run battle venture fleets for fun every so often. As something different for their members to do.

Ultimately its a video game. If you don’t want to engage in some privacy fair enough. But don’t get high and mighty about it with folk that do and imply you are somehow “better” as a result. It’s not cheating, its not wrong……its just valid gameplay.