Is Hisec ganking good for the game?

Naah man, it’s just about the isk, that’s what I understand from my exchange with Ramona and Gerard.

That’s a matter of taste, it’s not objective.

I can. I think Elite is worth my decision making. I think Assassins’ Creed is worth that too, I can think of at least 5 games where my decision-making is challenged but then again, it’s a matter of taste.

Haha!! The shadow of Mordor is ever present and it’s Orcs lurk in every dark corner of the forest, unseen but felt, unheard but guessed at, and the great eye is ever watching…

OH MY LORD!!
I did get the feeling that I was wasting my time here! You just confirmed that. Thank you.

If that is what you understand, who am I to change it?

I was replying to your objective response, which was to call something lame. I thought this whole thing was objective.

Yes, of course. This is a matter of taste. Those games you mentioned just don’t do it for me. I feel like my decisions in those games will only ever garner my own interest. In EvE, I feel I am able to capture the interest of many different players from different backgrounds in ways I can’t in other games. I like people and their stories.

This guy gets it!

It’s not about the isk, it’s about the risk and properly managing that risk.

Isk, while nice, is secondary for me. I have a lot of pleasure in managing to avoid hostiles in my noncombat ship, even if it means I don’t make much ISK.

Then you haven’t had the pleasure of seeing Barry Foldar in his battle Venture yet.

Ships that aren’t intended for combat can still be fit for combat, if only for the element of surprise. Baiting an Astero to attack your battle Heron can be very succesful, I still want to try that one day.

1 Like

I’m probably one of the most stubborn person you’ll ever meet, and it’s saved my life a few times and made me avoid a lot of trouble more than I can count on my fingers and toes, so no, you can’t change what I think unless I want to review it and see it from another angle I may not have perceived.

Don’t mix apples and oranges now.
I called a catch phrase lame, not the game.

Sure… how many boosters does he inject and how many implants does he have? And I’m sure they’re not the cheap kinds either.
Put a player with 15mil xp, no boosters and one limited ocular implant in that same venture and watch the fireworks.

Cheap 1.3 million isk Ventures. Some combat probes on it and throws himself at anything that doesn’t warp off in time. It’s great.

So why don’t you do it? Matter of fact, why don’t every EVE player do it if it’s so great?

Because there are thousands of things to do in EVE, cannot do them all?

Where are you trying to go with this discussion?

You said you wouldn’t take a noncombat ship like a Venture for combat. I showed how it can be used for combat regardless of the ‘noncombat status’ of the ship. Any ship can be used for combat (except maybe freighters as they cannot use offensive modules). So to me it makes little sense to not attack certain ships based on their ‘noncombat status’.

1 Like

Yes… so every mining ship has a Barry Foldar in it and that’s why we have to blow them up.

Exactly!

Glad we agree on that: kill all the ships, even the ‘harmless’ as they are all potentially dangerous competition.

Clearly not, because you literally refuse to answer questions you find too difficult.

That’s just an excuse.
Don’t tell me a player who’s a year into EVE is "dangerous competition " for a player who’s 10 years into the game, sure right uh-hu…

Why don’t people onnthus forum cut the crap and start saying what’s really up?
EVE is all about how much isk an hour you can make, it’s no different than the real world, greed and lies and backstabbing.

Depending on the trained skills and player experience, that 1 year player might be far more competent and dangerous in their ship than the 10 year veteran that may just be flying their ship time for the first time in their EVE career.

ISK per hour is secondary. Means to an end, a way to buy new ships.
Primary goal is fun per hour.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re gonna play that game too?

Yeah, that’s what every single greedy tightwad says

“Oh I don’t care about the money, I just yaddy-yadda…” while they’re ruining their relationship with their brother over 50 bucks.

Just because every single greedy tightwad says X, does not mean that everyone who says X is a single greedy tightwad.

Lots of players play the game to have fun. Lots of players don’t necessarily need high ISK/hour to have fun.

Try to have fun! Blow up a miner today!

Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean I’m against ganking in hisec.

True. Disagreeing with me does indeed not mean you are against ganking in high sec.

But what is your stance on high sec ganking?

My stance is: They can gank all they want, it won’t be me they blow up :smiley:

1 Like