Is Hisec ganking good for the game?

Exactly, he’s flying a combat ship, blow it up!

And more… ships than just combat ships?

Then I fail to see the point you are attempting to make. I thought you objected to players attacking non combat ships, are you saying you dont object to this?

Youre also allowed to believe in God, but that has zero relevence to the morality of shooting a mining barge. And again if thats not your point, what is it?

Does devising a specific example make it impossible to answer? Are all ECM and Logistics ships combat ships or not? Seems a simple question.

Yes, you do fail to understand what I’m saying. Our exchange is fruitless.

Im not sure what military she was in which didnt regard attacking a weaker or less well prepared opposing force as the only time it was suitable to initiate combat.

1 Like

It is because you dont seem to be able to actually explain or defend your premise vOv

Gf

No, it’s because you refuse to understand.

Ive asked for clarification you are either unwilling or unable to give.

If you want a game where people fight ‘fair’ team versus team matches and everyone is prepared for combat, try shooters or MOBAs. They’re quite fun, if not a bit shallow.

EVE is more than that, as apart from the team versus team fights that occasionally happen, there is a much broader range of engagements that can happen because of the sandbox nature of the game, rather than a fixed ‘team versus team fight’.

Yes, that means traders can compete against you and that in order to hurt those traders you can destroy their haulers.

EVE is more like an RTS in that regard, and would you kill the workers of the enemy faction in an RTS when given the chance? Of course you would, if you want to win, even if those workers cannot fight back.

At its core thats exactly what it is. Industry and Exploration and everything else is a nice part of the game and allows people to do other things but…………Nothing you make and nothing you find in the game will be worth much if things are not blowing up. That’s the rub.

A ship should not be for life.

Everything is PVP. Exploration is getting there before the other guy. Market trading is about undercutting your competition (in some cases thats been done on such a scale that players have lost billions due to market manipulation), Industry is about being able to build more efficiently than the next guy.

While your position of “I wouldn’t attack a defenceless miner” is moral you need to accept you are very much in a minority in that regard.

The reality is any player that avoids combat and focuses on industry/exploration etc (which i am one) should delight in mining ships and freighters blowing up across new Eden. Because thats what makes them isk to.

It’s not something that should change. It’s not something that can change.

1 Like

Then re-read my replies, all the information is there.

With if I can put Paris in bottle.

Hey, you’re back. How are you today?

I thought we were having a nice discussion. But if you want it to stop, sure.

A Venture or Heron is equally equipped for combat.

I made my thoughts on the subject pretty clear. I don’t see what more I could say to make them any clearer.
I don’t like to argue about one subject for hours on end to finish right back where we started without any consensus or agreement. After the time I took to post those posts of mine, I consider my contribution to the subject complete.

Would you go into combat with a Venture? I think not.

Undocking is consenting to combat. But you are correct: I do not fly prey vessels in this game.

That’s lame.

That’s what I thought.

A good discussion doesn’t necessarily need to end in consensus or agreement.

It can be just an exchange of knowledge or opinions.

And in this case you made clear you don’t want to shoot ships that cannot fight back. That’s fair.

I don’t make that distinction.

Apart from that, what do you think about the title of the thread?

Personally I think it would be disastrous for the game if high sec ganking did not exist.

1. No risk means no meaningful fitting choices (everything would be max dps/yield/cargo).
  2. No risk means no attention needed: more afking and multiboxing.
  3. No risk means much less destruction.
  4. More influx of materials of the first two points and less destruction means an ever increasing oversupply of everything, which breaks the economy.
2 Likes

Okay. It’s a major reason why every decision matters in this game and other games feel like vacuums.

I’m not sure how much the sandbox experience has “changed” over the years, but it still beats other games by miles. Can’t find any other game worth my decision making-- they all begin to feel trivial and predictable.

I have never even experienced this rumored high-sec ganking, so I can’t even confirm it exists more than a ghost story people tell each other to deter competition. I love PvP.

1 Like

True.
I think I’ve exchanged enough for now tho. I can’t keep writing the same thoughts down with different words over and over again, sh!t, if I want to die of boredom I take my venture and go mine.

Did you get the feeling I was arguing against ganking?? After everything I wrote and the time I took to write it you think I’m against ganking in highsec??

Taking the ‘moral high ground’ of refusing to shoot ‘defenseless’ ships does give that impression, yes.

I know you have argued in this thread that the value of high sec ganking is ‘debatable’, so that’s why we’re here. Because I wouldn’t call it ‘debatable’. I would call high sec ganking ‘necessary for the game to thrive’. And I’m glad some people do it, as it’s not my playstyle.

2 Likes