Is Hisec ganking good for the game?

Fair point.

Any suggestions how I best get some experience? (Beyond ‘go gank a ship’ I mean.)

go gank a ship …oh … well that is the best way to learn :slight_smile:

1 Like

But what if he gets ganked while trying to gank, is there some kind of"In Gank Training" sticker he can use?

1 Like

Wrecking a car is still driving experience. Don’t need no stinkin’ sticker.

(Might not hurt to have a few extra cars, though.)

3 Likes

hopefully he would learn something from being ganked while trying to gank so its still a win

3 Likes

Just got my first gank kill!

Also got this interesting PLEX message as response to losing my first ship on this character?!

afbeelding

(Poor afk Venture, I don’t think he’ll like having been my practice target once he’s back.)

8 Likes

I did not see that coming. My in game persona would not approve, but good on you for getting some practical experience.

Hey, a kill is a kill.

I’ve been killing miners before. Just not with angry CONCORD around.

1 Like

Congrats on getting a basis of experience to take part in the discussions.

A couple of others that are also worth doing:

1. kill a hulk solo and try to also scoop the loot
  2. try to gank a skiff solo
  3. try to get a T1 hauler

You’ll find even for solo ganking, the level of prep and organisation needed with a couple of alts running, varies.

2 Likes
  1. A bit hard to do as my suicide ganker is alpha so I cannot multibox. Closing the client to log in my high sec hauler might do the trick.
  2. When a good skiff has 100k EHP and I have about 20 seconds, I would need about 5k dps to do so. Not going to happen on my alpha ganker unless I group up.
  3. Sounds like a nice goal, but I guess it would be better if I had trained into a Tornado for that rather than a Catalyst. Let’s see if I can cross-train. Edit: on a second thought, I see those Tornados often sitting still at gates, which means they need to be paying extra to keep their security status up. I don’t think it makes much sense to have my Catalyst pilot do that.
1 Like

I think as it stands, its fine. There are ways and means to avoid it. Also gankers need to be smart and let prey thru every once and a while.

1 Like

Try to PLEX your account only by ganking, no mining allowed!

Good luck!

Hey, congrats! Great initiave.

Conclusion: this thread ended up being good for ganking.

3 Likes

Also yes.

Looks like changing that would be a quick fix to the whole situation.

If each ganker has their own separate timer, then the attackers know in advance EXACTLY how much DPS each participant can deal out before Concord stops them.

That is what is known as “predicatability”.

“Predictability” is bad for gaming, because it makes the game into a set of tasks instead of an adventure.

There needs to be more chaos here.

So I assume you are also concerned about the miner who knows how much ore he can harvest, the ratter who knows how quickly he can complete the mission, and the nullbear reeelord who knows exactly how much ehp his titan has?

2 Likes

What I’m saying is: If everything ins predictable then hisec gankers are no different from carebears.

It’s just another meta of the same, repetitive algorithm. Add up how much hull someone has, add up your number of ships x dps x seconds until Concorded. It’s the same!

Concord spawns could be randomized a bit, so you don’t know for sure how soon they arrive. And when one arrives, it should target all ships that have a flag. To make things even more uncertain.

I applaud players who brave the uncertainties to try something adventurous. But when it’s s simple numbers game I wonder why I didn’t just stay at work another hour and make money in the real world.

You mean, hold on, you mean, we are playing a game with the same basic concept of hit points and damage that 95% of games ever made have? WOAH!

If it’s so simple, why are you so bad at it?

Who says I’m bad at it?

I don’t really understand hi sec miners. What they are doing is essentially the same thing as punching in on a time clock in real life, and working. (Except they only get ISK instead of real money.)

But for the same reason I wouldn’t want to hi sec mine, I wouldn’t want to high sec gank.

If it’s too predictable then it’s just a chore.

1 Like