Is Hisec ganking good for the game?

This is a sandbox game, and caters to all the likes of gamers.

So yes … even the shittiest, braindead and laziest forms of gamers can have their way in here.

And I guess that is a good thing, as that’s what Eve’s ecology is all about.

Personally however, I wouldn’t touch that form of gameplay with a ten-foot shitstick.

1 Like

It’s also possible to obtain a travel visa, for a reasonable processing fee.

5 Likes

I would say yes. The existence of hisec ganking stops moving through hisec being unadulterated tedium. Incidently, the breifest glance at my killboard record shows that I am a potential gankee not ganker.

1 Like

That was fantastic, really nice post. I completely agree especially about getting lazy and not paying attention when things get boring. I have that exact problem and it gets me killed.

3 Likes

Would you you prefer payment in thermal, EM, kinetic, or explosive damage? I would also be happy to provide payment in combinations of any of the above and if you like could provide a tip in EWAR.
It’s amazing that Eve offers so many diverse currencies isn’t it?

6 Likes

I think the destruction is good but rewarding the gankers so much is not. I also think the little to no consequences for ganking in high sec is an issue too. Reduce the drop rate for ganking in high sec and give concord the diamond rat AI. Let the gankers get podded. I would think a spawning concord in greater number when a lot of criminals are in system and removing -5 characters from high sec would be also be good.

3 Likes

waddyamean ?
loss of ships, loss of sec status, heinous flags and skulls, with only a chance of getting some loot (ninja looting is a thing, unethical but this is eve :innocent:). Pretty dire consequences if not done correctly

1 Like

The death rattle of a dying game.

More like death rattle of poorly fit and untanked haulers.

14 Likes

You are just roleplaying.

1 Like

They won’t care, they’ll just factor any potential loss into their calculations.

I would think a spawning concord in greater number when a lot of criminals are in system

Lag ahoy, and utterly pointless if you understand how Concord actually works.

and removing -5 characters from high sec would be also be good.

Something CCP is unlikely to do since it would affect everybody with a -5 or lower sec status; regardless of whether or not that sec status is related to ganking in hisec or other shenanigans in low and null.

Githany Red nailed with their post. Only thing to add is the gank isn’t the corrosive act, but instead those times where the ganker twists the knife too much either in local or via EVEmail. The professional ganker knows when to offer advice, doesn’t escalate the drama, and when to back away from an irate player. Most of the gankers I know seem to have this down pat, although there are the exceptions. So, yes, it is good for the game.

6 Likes

According to the data yes, it’s very good for the game.

Not only does it lead to higher retention rates among new players it is the highest player to player interaction activity in the game.

3 Likes

So how does that make it win win?

And why is the OP talking about risk/reward if he’s talking about killboards?

2 Likes

That’s an easy argument to contradict. Antiganking in Uedama does exactly nothing if you’re in one of the 1089 other highsec systems in the game.

I’m sorry, but Githany Red said antiganking is doing great things, and getting better all the time! So unfortunately I simply can’t approve your request to nerf ganking.

4 Likes

What a strange thing to say, unless your very new or never been to uedama or been ganked . The other is you could be an Aiko lapdog which means when ever you say is pointless

2 Likes

Yet another thread about ganking. It’s like starting a thread about the sky being blue.

4 Likes

Ganking will never be ‘balanced’. The formula for ganking balance is:

Risk of Being Ganked * How Careless I Can Be = 1

If the risk of being ganked goes down by half, people become twice as careless and nothing changes, balance wise. CCP can’t enforce on people how careless they want to be.

The old joke is that a patient goes to the doctor and says “It hurts when I do this” and the doctor replies “well, don’t do that.” You have someone fly into the hornets’ nest unprepared getting blapped. Don’t do that. Prepare, go around, fly a different ship, use courier contracts, or otherwise find a way to stop hurting yourself.

12 Likes

… everytime I drink my coffee my eye hurts.
Doctor asks: Have you thought of taking the spoon out of the cup before you drink?

8 Likes