Is it allowed to abuse the forum moderation flags?

Oh, that’s not my fault - it’s what I’m going to start doing everytime you abuse the moderation features of the forum and hide my posts. I’m just gonna go back through and repost every single post, and then you can flag them again, and I will post them again, and you can flag them again, and I’ll post them again, and we’ll just keep doing since there don’t appear to be any official CCP moderators empowered to do anything on the forum.

So, it’s not true that my posts were flagged because I posted the same thing three times, but it is true that I posted the same thing three times because my posts were flagged.

Or you guys could be mature adults and agree to only flag posts when its actual spam, or actually offensive content.

1 Like

Offensive content is not the same thing for everyone. What may be offensive to you may be funny as ■■■■ to me.

It’s extremely rare for me to flag any post on these forums, and I’ve only ever done so when I’ve genuinely thought a post has been spam or OOC trolling, of an IC thread in the IGS.

I do accept though, that sometimes, something I may have interpeted as OOC trolling may not have been, but as I say. It’s a rare thing for me to flag a post.

I actually agree with you that the current system is open to abuse, and yes there are likely to be people out there who do take advantage of that. I actually like some of the suggested ideas in this thread, too.

That said, I’m not sure intentionally repeating posts again and again that have been flagged is the reaction of a mature adult either, though.

1 Like

Yes, kudos to you, you’ve finally figured out why humans have been killing each other for the past million years.

1 Like

Yes, let’s focus on that, rather than quibbling about any particular instance. Let’s have constructive dialogue, rather than personal attacks.

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode please note that even people who disagree with one another, are nevertheless reaching a mutual consensus that there is indeed a problem with the current moderation system.

1 Like

What a crusade… I got your back!

1 Like

Together we can save the forums! We will be acclaimed as heroes for a thousand years!

3 Likes

All glory for you Princess! I am not good writer.

1 Like

For the record I also feel that auto-hides are problematic.

Moreover, the message you get when your post is auto-hidden (happened to me for the for the first time ever just, so pot-kettle-black much?), lacks information on what to do if you disagree.

It seems to be that the case is that autohidden things do get looked by a moderator and they are hidden only until a mod gets to it? If this is the case, it’s still annoying but at least there is some control. I feel the auto-hide automated message would benefit from clearly explaining this tho.

(I don’t think purposefully spamming stuff to go around it is very mature, either. Nor do I think it works in the long run; will likely just get mods annoyed at you for creating more work.)

As far as I can gather, the idea is that the way to report to ISD is supposed to be the flagging system. They take a look at flagged posts and in the meanwhile stuff gets automatically hidden.

I’d suggest that ideally each player could could control that setting them selves - do they want flagged posts hidden before mod action, and if so, at which flagging level.

I like you so ■■■■■■■ much!
Is there already a prince at your side, princess? :smiley:

I don’t think children abuse promotion is allowed on the forum.

Making noise to protest against ■■■■■■■■ is a smart thing to do when acting calmly does not achieve anything. She’s perfectly right. There’s no connection to maturity, or lack of it, at all. People too often mistake maturity with appearing reasonable and calm, but immature people can pretend to be reasonable and calm, while on the inside they’re not.

Case in Point: Balos, Dracvlad, Naarian, Anderson.

Maturity is a point in personal development reached when one is able to rationalise his feelings before mindlessly acting on them. Most people have that part backwards. What the princess does isn’t immature, it’s smart.

Civil Disobedience is quite necessary.

This sentence is a complete nonsense in the context. Just because mature people need to be calm does not mean that immature people can’t be calm .

he : “it’s not a car because it has no wheel”
you : “but cycles also have wheel so it’s not needed to be a car!”

This is pretty stupid.

It’s breaking the law to cry over how laws don’t favorize him. It’s illegal and immature.

Guys, this is a game. Forum moderation rules are not laws, and intentionally breaking them to annoy moderators is not “civil disobedience”.

Laws are merely a set of chosen rules, for a group of person to interact with themselves.

The laws I am talking about are the rules chosen for the forum. They became laws the moment you need to accept them to post on the forum - and that breaking them is subject to a punishment.

I understand the unwillingness to use such a strong word for an area that can be left at will. But the terms are adequate.

That it is a game is irrelevant.
Plenty of scientific papers have been written about EVE and its people.
CCP literally governs a literal society,
with the single best simulation of a functional market on the planet.

As we all are members of this society,
the princess’ form of protest is civil disobedience.

If you have any actual arguments,
not “no” and “it’s a game”, then please feel encouraged to share them,
though I recommend you first spend a few months educating yourself on the matter.

hey hey ho ho
these carebears got to go

Since your point has been made, and now you’re getting off topic, I’m going to close this thread now. Thank you.