Flag experiment concluded!

So, basically, I haven’t seen a single flagged post vanishing so far :grin: and i likely NEVER will unless i ask for it! i’m aware that i could just annoy everyone until i’ve achieved my goal, but i’m actually really happy around here! i won’t dare breaking any rules, unless it’s for civil disobedience. :relaxed:

i’m curious about how many it’d take until a post turns invisible;
how long it takes until the ISD show up;
how it looks like, especially when it’s the top post;
etc !

Please flag me for Science!

Thanks! :poop:

1 Like

hey, i can flag my own topic!

did it. almost gave me an erection. would flag it again 10/10

2 Likes

Flagged, you naughty guy.

1 Like

Kinky

1 Like

We’re watching closely, but as we said in the dev blog, the forum rules have relaxed a little, and we’re making sure that we pace ourselves and let people adjust to a new environment for discussion.

I’ve been admiring people’s restraint and level headedness thus far.

That said, if people start to cause problems and do try their hardest to screw with the rules, they’ll be gone fast.

Best advice, behave yourself and don’t post dumb stuff like this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s variable, by design, and takes into account your “trust level” and the “trust levels” of users flagging you. A well-established, active contributor might have enough weight to instantly hide someone’s first post with a single flag, but an active contributor’s posts will take a lot of flags to hide. Even a single flag goes into the moderation queue, regardless of whether that flag automatically hides the post or not.

When enough flags accumulate to hide a post, that post is displayed under a fold, so that people won’t see it unless they choose to do so. The poster gets a notification, and until a moderator makes a decision, they can edit their post and this will cause the post to be unhidden (it can be flagged down again). If the mods disagree with a flag and overrule it, no amount of further flagging will hide the post, but the mods will continue to get notified, and might take action against the people flagging it if the flagging is frivolous or an attempt to censor posts that don’t violate any rules.

2 Likes

So potentialy giving a troll who posts a lot (reputation builds on post count, not post quality) the power to remove someone else’s posts, simply because they don’t like them?

1 Like

just… this… once! :grin:

thank you. :slight_smile:

Yes, they might be able to on someone’s first post to the forums. However, it then goes into the moderation queue, and the mods are very likely to ban that troll and override the flag.

1 Like

http://imgur.com/a6TdLRx

At some point, the force field has to turn off.

3 Likes

uuhhhh you have the high ground; i give up.

wtf, that was for testing purposes

1 Like

yeah, but the insult doesn’t really hit me and i get that he’s cautious. :slight_smile:

no harm done, all in good spirit. :slight_smile: i mean, i know that at least.

WOW we even have the mods of the forum posting spam - There really is no self control.

NB; The “report as spam” option needs to be broadened to take in nuisance, irrelevant posts like this one.

And what if it is a “moderator” that is the offender (forum trolls come in many forms, just look at the post below yours for a prime example), you really think they are above it? I don’t…

Then file a support ticket and IA will have the moderator in front of the Inquisition.

1 Like

i wished i knew what he’s upset about…

Isn’t it time to conclude this experiment of yours? :aura:

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

• Albert Einstein

1 Like

yes, of course. i really had no mean intentions. i just wanted to know.

the negative reactions surprise me, though. they’re actually making things worse.

anyhow, thanks for allowing me to try it. :slight_smile:

ps: the “for science” “joke” wasn’t actually intentional at all.

:slight_smile: