Is it safe to fly a billion ISK ship?

I knew youd see the bright side :slight_smile:

1 Like

don’t make yourself a loot pinata and you should be fine. The random ganks on empty freighters very rarely happen and hell the loot pinatas probably made enough runs to pay for themselves as the gankers can’t cover every route all the time anyways.

1 Like

Some may say that a current issue is that the answer to the topic title is

“Yes, far too safe”

2 Likes

You’ll have to jump out to LS without proper scouting which could be pretty adventurous.

That does sound fun, though.

But a person could have several optional points to jump to couldnt they?

Unless theres a thing whereby you cant have multiple beacons running in the same fleet?

Before the recent cyno changes, there were cyno alts in noob ships all over the place in low sec. They would just sit there all day with their cyno up, next to a station. If they got popped they would emerge from the same station in a fresh clone and do it again. Sometimes jump freighters would appear, but I think they were also there for contingency in case somebody needed to jump somewhere in an emergency.

1 Like

I’m ignoring the fascists who require a big brother to protect them here, because - from an evolutionary perspective - they’re actually degenerated.

So, what truly matters and what it all boils down to is:

People are as safe as they make it.

“But what about people who don’t know better?”

Well, what about them? Is thinking for yourself and caring about the environment “you live in” too much to ask for? Ignorance is still everyones own fault.

When you fly a freighter through Narnia without caring about making sure that it’s safe to do so, then you’re ■■■■■■ and deserve it. This is valid for literally everyone, every single day, with only the fascists screaming THINK OF THE CHILDREN, desiring to raise dependent morons who can’t survive on their own.

2 Likes

I think you got your political philosophies mixed up a bit.

1 Like

Yeah, probably, though I’ve asked several people who are actually smarter than me and, after explaining the whole situation, they’ve said it doesn’t really matter anyways.

Thing is, lots of people who scream THINK OF THE CHILDREN and constantly cry for more safety/protection kind of fit into both the totalitarian and the fascist category. There’s plenty of overlapping behaviour and I’ve yet to observe anyone of those guys who actually doesn’t partly fall into both categories.

Politicial discussions aren’t allowed, though, so there’s nowhere to go anyway.

2 Likes

These ships get destroyed all the time. High Security space is only a different theater for JFs. It can be much more dangerous to fly freighters around high sec than null.

1 Like

On-topic: It’s not safe to fly anything. Your degree of safety is determined by how much it will cost to nuke you versus how much the expected value of your killmail is. Plus a boredom factor.

Off-topic:

Solecist gets a lot of things mixed up a bit.

For instance, he mixes up “players who don’t care to PvP so they operate in high sec under Concord protection” with “degenerate whiners”, but also confuses “gankers who don’t care to be PvPed so they operate in high sec under Concord protection” with “the best supreme elite players”.

He also frequently confuses “PvP in EVE can be designed better” with “you want 100% safety in high sec!” because apparently, the only kind of PvP he can understand is hiding behind Concord’s skirts to remain safe while looking for a weak profitable target to gank.

He then also further confuses in-game behaviour and choices with RL personality issues.

That’s okay though, there’s quite a number of “bring back jetcanning to fix EVE!” types on here who are blind to pretty much everything but their own need for weak easy targets in safe space. They tend to take every opportunity to blather on about “high sec safety”, so the confusion is pretty much inherent in their starting position.

7 Likes

Where did I write that? I would never write this! Never! All these wannabes do is hiding in station all day, only undocking after their neutral scouting alt finds a suitable target. There’s less than a handful of exceptions to this.

Can you ever stop making ■■■■ up?

Yeah, man, it’s totally “us” and not assholes like yourself.
Not DMC. Not Dracvlad. Not Balos/Duo,
though that guy is seriously on a whole new level of nuts.

*pets your head*

You’re a great person, especially on this forum!
Everyone loves you! Everyone believes you!
You’re always right!

So many people love talking to you!

We’re all really happy to have you around!

Never stop posting!

Mhm!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are other quotes I could use, but this one will do for now:

Maybe if you didn’t hang so much of your self-image on your ability to gank weak targets in safe space while hiding behind Concord protection, you’d be less touchy about these things.

4 Likes

On your phone with autocorrect? Still I like the implication that some players are living in an even more fantasy world.

Maybe it is some insider joke among gankers or something, not sure. :thinking:

1 Like

Just don’t ask about the wardrobe.

2 Likes

100% accurate and well said, definitely hit the nail on the head with that observation.

Good job.

:+1:

Where did I word anything according to how you claim I did? You can’t just take something you’ve read, turn it into something completely different and then claim someone said that.

I would never call gankers elite PvP. Ask Karak what I have to say about this. He’ll tell you all day long about how I can rant endlessly about all these losers sitting in stations hiding behind their scouting alts. You claiming otherwise is pure nonsense. Worse, you come up with a quote where I do not say this at all, do not claim this at all, do not even hint at this at all. The only one claiming what they’re doing is elite PvP are themselves and I’m not one of them.

Never have been. Don’t believe me? You can ask Black Pedro, Hengle Teron, Pix Severus. These people actually know me and don’t need to invent ■■■■■■■■ I’ve never said … unlike you, who apparently is somehow cognitively challenged?

I mean, wtf, you see things written that aren’t there and you seriously believe this sort of “paraphrasing” (or however you would call it) is okay and acceptable.

ProTip from someone who actually talks to real people in real life,
who aren’t assholes: It isn’t.

The fact that the gankers are better doesn’t mean it’s elite PvP. They’re just better, because they are. They don’t let themselves get killed like idiots, they know the game mechanics and they know how to use them to their advantage.

You’re just an asshole trying way too hard.

So, let me teach you something in big letters so even you, equipped with half a brain believing it’s a whole one, understand:

YOU NEED TO STOP “PARAPHRASING” THINGS!
YOU INVENT ■■■■■■■■ THAT’S NOT WRITTEN DOWN!
WHEN YOU CHANGE WORDS THEN YOU CHANGE THE MEANING!

IT’S ■■■■■■■ DUMB!
STOP IT!

IF YOU EVER WANT TO HAVE A ■■■■■■■ CHANCE,
YOU NEED TO ■■■■■■■ LEARN TO BE ■■■■■■■ EXACT!

THAT WON’T WORK UNTIL YOU STOP RUNNING ON EGO AND YOUR INSTINCTS!

Ha … you’ll never improve.

Thanks and Bye.

2 Likes

angry

1 Like

The replies in this thread (although not just this thread) reminds me of BREXIT, two sides entrenched, never going to agree.