Is mining a dead venture?

Reactions? PI? Manufacture? Skill Extraction?

ISK is made by setting up a queue and logging in bi-weekly anyway, interactive play is “just for fun”

I wonder how you think the orca nerf would affect your bait procurer’s performance though. If the bait proc actually was being used for mining, then its’ relationship with the orca was that the later acted as command ship providing the foreman buffs and some limited repair and combat capabilities, which it will continue doing after the nerf.
But if you don’t use the bait proc in order to mine for profit to begin with, why bother about mining drone yields? Won’t everyone and his dog in eve knowing that drone mining became worthless actually provide you with a plausible reason to have combat drones deployed even when no foe is around, because scooping them ain’t worth the keystroke?

Unless you have 15 alts with boosts (exactly what I see alliances doing to make the time investment worth it) mining isnt worth it. I’ve tested moon mining with a couple of chars and it takes a crazy amount of hours to get build supplies or a decent amount to sell for isk. For me it seems to be the least profitable activity, I can still collect more minerals from ratting for example. That doesnt mean nerf ratting again, please CCP!

There needs to be a balance where its still worth the time investment for smaller groups, we shouldnt need to spin up 10-15 chars to make something worth doing.

CCP doesn’t want it to be worth doing.

Entirely Disagree with a capital D. CCP wants players doing the in game activities and ideally wants balance and fun in each activity. The game seems to lean more and more towards needing alts. Take the latest industry changes for example. I need extra alts just to cover the PI needs. Game is broken.

If you are a miner, industrialist, hauler, mission runner, or doing other PvE content, CCP only wants you to play so you can be a victim for a ganker or other PvP player.

Fun and “balance” never even enter into the equation.

2 Likes

Incorrect, one must accompany the other, both come hand in hand, you want people undocked performing activities where risk = reward while providing opportunity for those seeking kills/fights.

1 Like

Double the Ore mined per cycle and limit concurrent connection to 4 accounts per Wifi Mac address. That would be a start in the right direction.

Every time a PVPer blows up someone, a miner and an industrialist will need to step in and produce whatever was lost.

PVP is what keeps miners and industrialists in business.

2 Likes

This is super tin foil hat talk, but its a thought that has been rolling around in my head.

First, Eve is a game with a serious player ran economy and economies like this can be hard to predict and balance. It is arguable that CCP has no idea how to handle this massive complex system and its also arguable that they don’t want to have to deal with it.

Next we start looking into recent trends with CCP. We have had several releases that are dedicated to making manufacturing more difficult, both in ability to get resources and resources required to build stuff. There are also hints that both of these areas are not done and both could be more difficult in the future.

Finally we have the increasing amount and size of bundles that CCP has released. Every major change to the game comes with a major bundle to accompany it. Each one more expensive than the last. Combine this with both in and out of game advertisements about how PLEX packs will help make the game easier gives the impression that CCP wants players to spend more RL money than to grind to get what they want/need.

My tin foil hat conclusion is that CCP is going to end up making manufacturing in Eve more akin to crafting professions in other games and most players will end up either buying ship packs or NPC seeded ships and equipment. The NPC seeded gear will be a massive isk sink, which will require players to sell PLEX to maintain. Player manufacturers would still be able to build stuff, but would only contribute a minor portion of the market and would be handicapped by CCP set item values.

This would in fact make mining a dead venture. :slight_smile:

I believe there is another side of distruction beyond PVP. PVE also can produce distruction. Triglavian I would bet blew up more isk value then what we are calling the biggest war in Eve History WWB. Maybe the two Titan battles caught up, but I would still put my money on Triglavian, PVE, blew up more.

Conclussion PVE could be a great CCP tool to move destruction up and or down.

Cheers

1 Like

There are more lucrative ways to make ISK than chewing on rocks, so if “making ISK” is what’s fun for you, you might want to look at more lucrative activities.

Mining is fun for miners. I sell my goods for ISK, sure, but that’s a byproduct of what’s fun for me. EVE isn’t a job, but if you think of it like one, you might be willing to do a job you love for low pay simply because you love it, or you might prefer a different job because it pays better.

2 Likes

Very true. It puzzles me why so many people in Eve treat it like a RL job. To me, the whole point is doing things that are fun–period. I have enough stress in my RL job.

1 Like

CCP certainly won’t fix anything, but they’ll ■■■■ it up beyond belief. Should of just removed the drone bonuses from mining command ships, and removed excavator drones from the game. Instead CCP choose to ■■■■ on every miner in the game from newbros to seasoned vets because of stupid ■■■■ they implemented despite players warning them of the consequences. Rorqals with excavator drones being one of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.