Is the Daily Login Campaign going away on the 11th?

it’s called a battle pass , with out actually buying the pass , must log in and do said activity to receive stuff , which never works , to be honest I buy lots of plex packs and other stuff from new Eden store , I’m gonna stop paying ccp the 6-700 bucks every month or so if they keep nerfing High sec - just plain and simple , I’ve got 2 accounts paid up thru 2030 or so and 10 accounts alpha that were getting the log in rewards , I don’t feel like playing the game 20 hrs. a day to get the rewards , just wasted 4 or so bil on the skill books and stuff for the new haulers they immediately nerfed . I’m one of the old guys that’s hung around getting screwed cause we had to pay to train per month , then we saw everyone handed SP for free , I’m hanging on by a thread here . I’ve got about 1 strand left lol

1 Like

You are spot-on.

To add - I have pretty much never did the daily challenges on my main. I am never using that character to rat, nor have I used an abyssal filament even once. Not interested. Even when the reward is 25k(?) SP - I only did it a handful of times at most. I do not have infinite time on my hands, and the time that I spend playing the game I want to do s**t that I am actually interested in. I am not going to waste it on daily missions. Not even to mention that even at 25k SP a pop it is borderline net negative income-wise for anyone but the most basic players.

Alts - yes they did the ratting missions but only ‘naturally’. On the few days a month when I’d go out to get me some bloot. Never did any other kind of those daily missions.

To those who are saying that alphas do not have a say… Yes, alphas do not vote for CSM either but that one is fair. But you can not simultaneously advertise the game as Free to Play - which CCP does at every chance they get - and at the same time say that unless you are an Omega, you can not have an opinion/suggestions for the game. This is not a stone to CCP’s garden but rather to those who are parroting this every chance they get.

1 Like

This very much sums it up.
Also the new AIR daily goals vary wildly and are mostly not easily or not reachable at all if you play the game alone or as alpha.

I could shoot stuff, mine something or produce something, sure enough.
But today won’t be able to get the bonus as it involves scanning. And i absolutely hate and will never do scanning. As well i am not getting to armor repair someone for 2500 points as i do not have someone available in armor to repair.

Then all that hassle for 5.000 skillpoints today. This is just unbalanced nonsense. Or not thought through from the perspective of all playstyles.

Clearly not an incentive to play more, if you can’t reach the goals.

1 Like

Then perhaps it’s not for you which is fine, it’s also not for me. If I happen to get them done by doing what I’m doing anyway then that’s great but I’m not going out of my way for it. Since I don’t believe in equality of outcome I can deal with others getting those rewards while I don’t and since I’m not a slacker I don’t demand stuff “for free”.

2 Likes

I suspected as much.

Since you used the word “bucks”, I will assume you mean USD and not some Euro currency based on the family cervidae. Where I live, people pay that much to rent a 2 bedroom apartment per month. I paid about $350 on a game total over a period of 4 to 5 years and felt bad about spending that much on frivolity.

So I hope you had good memories. I have to go get a bag of microwave popcorn now…

1 Like

That would be a whale. Someone who spends a ridiculous amount of money more than needed but also has a disposable income to do so.

1 Like

mmm, popcorn.

Which ones?

Looking at the list they pretty much all seem doable as an alpha, and outside of the FW ones they can pretty much all be done solo, for shield repping a target just go sit in jita and i’m sure you’ll eventually find something to rep or shoot at, but to be fair this is an MMO so if you’re playing entirely solo you probably are going to miss out on some stuff

So its not that people “can’t” do it, its that you don’t “want” to do it, these are two very different things

So, you see that part of the UI labelled “Chat”, you can use that to find other people to help do your daily, shocking i know, but at the end of the day this game is an MMORPG, with a lot of emphasis on the MMO part

I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s a game, it’s meant to be played, not fleeced for free stuff that only exist in pixelated form.
The dailies are only to get people to sign in. It’s sad that players need rewards to play an internet game.

1 Like

Fleeced? I thought it was just a game? How do you fleece pixelated forms? It didn’t cost CCP anything. You act like they were being robbed of something.

Now the increase in sub cost. That and CCP giving players nothing in return for it. Now that’s more akin to fleecing.

1 Like

It’s a subscription, you pay for Omega time only, not to get any stuff. The stuff that CCP generously does give you is not included in the subscription.

Did you? It doesn’t sound like you know it.

I did use an incorrect word. “Fleece” isn’t the word for it. Forgive me, English isn’t my first language.

No. I think fleeced is the correct word or verbiage, as my first language is English. If you replace the word in that sentence with “plundered” it has the same meaning;

It’s a game, it’s meant to be played, not plundered for free stuff that only exist in pixelated form.

Shion is attempting to use grammar to win the debate. You see, before CCP was gifting people for getting online (thinking players would play the game) and now they realized this was an error and corrected it by making it a simple reward for minimal effort.

Shion is now demanding a tribute just for their existence. Then continues to argue “this is what I PAY for” which is hysterical, because anyone could make a game interface that grants him virtual rewards for doing nothing. In fact, there wouldn’t need to be a game present, since that is what they want to purchase. I wish I could find a mess of people like Shion who is willing to shell out $20 USD per month, to login daily to a web page, and be told they have been rewarded with these free items. It would require no effort on my part to supply them with a game.

Have fun!

2 Likes

I’ve said it a million times before on this forum, but it bears repeating. Alphas. Give 'em an inch, and they’ll take a mile…

2 Likes

@Princess_Rose_Ivory Thank you for explaining. I agree that gifting players is an error. I think there should be no log-in reward at all. I am used to playing single-player games, EVE is my first multiplayer and I was shocked to receive things just for clicking ‘Start’. I felt that CCP treated me like a child and patted me on the head.

That is the way I see those mobil games, with all the silly 'RING-RING!!!" noises and colorful bursts of gold coins flashing all over the screen. I think it’s ridiculous and am surprised that grown-ups play these games, they are games for 5-year-olds, and people spend real money on them!

What happened to playing the game for the game? I log in to buy modules, compare prices and modules stats, buy a ship, plan my routes, do a mission, explore space, find a wormhole, be alert for PvP, look for PvE… I don’t need instant gratification, the game itself is gratification enough, the loot is gratification enough.
o7

3 Likes

Obviously.

And that’s the problem. When something cost MORE it should contain MORE value. $15 is the industry standard. $20 is not. When the price was increased, the consumer should have got something MORE to justify it. I’d suggest being able to train a second character at alpha speed.

But this is going a bit off topic. The point being made was that, if anyone is actually getting “fleeced” it’s the consumer, not CCP.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Did you just try and pull a “I’m rubber and you’re glue”?
:laughing:

The format of the reward is irrelevant. The issue is not the format of it being a reward for just logging in. The issue brought up is the fact that the new system is lesser than the former. I.e. what is rewarded for playing the game is less than what was rewarded for doing nothing + overall easier objectives. While they turn around and falsely claim it’s more or “improved”. Ironically, it’s only “more” if you merely passively did the dailies and managed to complete 12 days out of the month by happenstance. But for the obsessive-compulsive types who did the dailies every day it’s less than they were getting. In this way it’s greater reward increase for the “lazy” and less for the “diligent”.

Wait, so you’re opposed to having to login and play than halfway logging in and collecting ■■■■ and log out. Oh no. The horror that a video game company actually wants yall playing the game.

3 Likes

I am not trying to change your mind as it seems you have made it up a while ago.
I agree to disagree with you.

When does the consumer not get fleeced, with any corporation/business? Have you seen the price of things irl lately? Do you think that a 250g jar of tomato sauce really ought to cost nearly 5€?
The consumer only has two choices: Take it or Leave it.
And I have news for you: It’s only going to get worse.
Welcome to earth.

1 Like

It’s basic math. It would be like trying to change my mind that 1+1=2. It’s not so much a matter of my mind being made up that 1+1=2, 1+1 simply equals 2 as a matter of fact. I’m objectively right. Diligent players are getting less and being asked to do more. “Lazy” casuals to the Dailies, who didn’t care to begin with, potentially get more. You can not care, but there is no room to honestly disagree. We aren’t sharing opinions. One of us is stating facts. The other is ignoring facts.

Tomatoes are tangible items, with supply limitations, requiring actual monetary investment to grow, pick, package, ship, etc. There are economic reasons for food prices and companies can actually lose money if they arbitrarily cut prices. CCP giving players some virtual perks costs them NOTHING. You’re comparing apples to oranges. You’ve completely missed the forest for the trees.

We’re not even talking about adding anything, but just keeping the rewards on par via the AIR Dailies alone (no Log-In reward required). They’re not even doing that.

1 Like

Get this shill here, I mean really wtf? Who do you think you are? You criticize people for spending “their” money the way they want to? If people want to pay up for 10 years and never want to log in, I do believe that is there choice! So many ■■■■■■■ people want to tell others what or how they should be living there lives or how to spend their money. For real, the change sucks taking the DLI out for Alphas is the only way this should’ve went. People paying for a sub are supporting the game and they took that away from them for no damn reason. Just the same as you being a ■■■■■■■ Karen ccp shill for no damn reason! Stfu and go over to your liberal ■■■■■■■ corner and quit acting like you are the end all!

1 Like

That’s a lot of salt for some valueless items.
Did CCP take away your reason to log in? Maybe you ought to find yourself another reason to log in.

And again, the subscription doesn’t include log-in rewards, nowhere does it say that CCP owe you daily log-in rewards.

Your Omega time only covers faster training and items not available to Alphas. That’s all it covers.

Also, swearing isn’t going to give more credence to your arguments, to the contrary. It just shows the juvenile tantrum that you’re having.
Daddy said STOP.
Deal with it.