Is the game being abandoned?

No. Equality is what we have now. See, you can get shot at in your shitty Mackinaw, and I can get shot at when I’m running missions. We can both, in theory at least, go and kick some random lowsec or nullsec gang in the bollocks, and disrupt whatever the hell they were doing. Everyone’s playstyle can be disrupted equally. You don’t want equality. You want to be more equal than the “filthy pvpers”. You don’t want “equal rights”, you want more “rights” than the people you don’t like. We tried the whole “separate but equal” thing here in America, and you know what happened? “Whites” ended up being more “equal” than “colors”. In other words, one group put itself above the other. “Separate but equal” is stupid, dangerous, stupidly dangerous and dangerously stupid. EVE, at it’s core, is a PvP-centric game, and it always has been from the very beginning, and CCP has indicated no intention of making it otherwise. It can happen anywhere, at any time, to anybody. When you undock, you open yourself up to the possibility of being attacked and destroyed by other players (you consent to PvP), and that holds true no matter where you are. See this post here, by our very own @ISD_Stall who I should think knows what he’s talking about. In it, he mentions how both sides of the game rely on each other, by the way, so that’s also a thing.

In short, you don’t want equality, and you don’t want EVE. You want Hello Kitty Online, and you’re on the wrong ■■■■■■■ forum for that, friend.

3 Likes