Is there any plans to close the loop hole that is ganking?

actually youre the one being toxic here
by throwing the word toxic around to anyone you disgree with

and then you say there is nothing can be done to help a freighter to survive
and call me ignorant for suggesting there is

you are a hypocrite in both your statements

1 Like

Actually, in that case the only way to do so is to stop that activity.

1 Like

Of course it does. How much effort does highsec mining or hauling take? Or industry, or running a mission someone minmaxed a decade ago and put on a website for you to follow? Or joining some incursion fleet and locking and pressing F1 when the FC tells you?

None of this is especially hard. The predictable nature of the CrimeWatch mechanics may mean ganking is less challenging than a random fleet action against unknown opponents perhaps, but it is certainly more challenging than the vast majority of daily activities players in Eve engage in. To do it profitably requires time, capital investment, a thorough understanding of game mechanics, multiple accounts and to get down to the nub of the issue, a mistake on the part of another player. No matter how “good” a ganker you are, if you don’t find someone who has overloaded or blinged out a ship you can kill with your fleet, you cannot do anything.

If you think ganking is a profitable activity, why not give it a go? I think you’ll find that in the best case it is not more profitable than the myriad of other easy, predictable resource fountains CCP has shoved into the game, and unprofitable most of the time.

7 Likes

Niagara falls :smiley:

ive been hauling my own crap around since 2012
in a bestower
brick tank moa for taking higher value stuff into jita to sell
and interceptor to bring to my brick tank moa docked outside jita
and never been ganked while hauling
dont plan on stopping that activity anytime soon

I’m the one reminding you that people already do the things you suggest and still get caught. That’s why i’m disagreeing, You can try to frame my responses as toxic and ignorant but i’m not the one calling everyone and anyone who gets ganked dumb and pointing out it’s “player management”. That’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Slowly I turn…
Step by step…
Inch by inch…

Never been (successfully) ganked on hauling either. Because hauling is just a part of income. But sometimes, hauling is the income ?

so what if people get caught
there are tools to minimise the risk and if you use all the tools and still get caught
chances are you pissed someone off and they are making a loss to enact their vendetta against you
you want ccp to fix that for you too

certainly is for red black blue frog and i dont tsee them closing down activities soon
actually i think they did stop blue frog
but red and black are still going

never heard of black frog ! :smiley:
Well I agree with you, still I think the post I was referring to has a valid point of view. I some cases, hauling is not profitable unless you can be sure to not get ganked.

black frog is part of red frog and haul to null sec for many years
they charge a lot tho usually 100m+ for a courier contract

which is kind of the point of the thread
when can anyone ever be sure they wont get ganked
should ccp implement mechanics to ensure players wont get ganked

You’re right, they definitely should not hardcode antigank.

As I said, in that case the thing to do is, to stop hauling. This activity is not worth it for you, then stop it.

1 Like

i get your point now
if you cant stand the heat get out the kitchen

1 Like

I misread “get out of the chicken”.
was chocked.( all night long)

Make suicide ganks terrorist activity and as such deny any docking capability anywhere in high sec.

Exception corp structure in space that allowed docking rights.

Things will go over 9000 pretty quick from there.

1 Like

And there is a group putting up those in Niarja to make public moon mining available. I doubt such a group would close their structures to NPC corps and that is all you need to house gankers. So really, limiting docking will do nothing. So why waste CCP’s time even coding this?

Need some thing along the lines of the Q ships used to counter commerce raiders during WW 2

Think outside the box and this is already possible.

Battle Badgers are not just a meme.

1 Like

That is completely up to them to decide having terrorist safe haven tag on your structure gonna be a choice point being constant suicide ganking deny you usage of npc stations thus all assets are reachable destroyable and traceable including where those pilots are where they dock and undock from coding that is all but a waste of time.

For the first time it would means their skin is in a game too.