Is there any plans to close the loop hole that is ganking?

1 wrecks 50
50 wrecks 2500

So, why wouldn’t the 2500 just split into two groups, one group with 1 person in it and one group with 2499 people in it. Then, the group with 1 person can wreck the 50 attackers and the other 2499 can continue their peaceful space existence or whatever?

1 > 50
50 > 2500
1 x 2500 > 50 x 2500

Do you see the paradox you have constructed?

oh wait this is my paradox
i thought it was whiners complain being ganked
well if its my paradox then i suggest more power creep and more numbers

and before you say its not sustainable its easily sustainable
we can introduce quantum fractal power creep reserves so if everything colapses we will have a back up fleet we can summon out of thin air to balance all the power creep that occurs
oh we already have that in place its called concord
so in future when fleet battles cause tidi
we can have concord intervene and win the battles for us

Why not? They already give us infinite money and loyalty points with which to buy faction gear without actually having to work for that faction, in that faction’s space. Are you trying to assert that the game is well-balanced as it is?

Also . . .

L.A.U.G.H.O.U.T.L.O.U.D.W.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.T.E.E.E.F.F.?!111

are you saying the game should be ruled like an african warlord and mitani is king and you are slave for mining
who is gonna pay for that

mittani online: slavery simulator

1 Like

With item safety, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it bleed over to ships next.

It really is awful game design that suicide gankers can operate with such negligible costs to the point there is no risk in their reward.

Its one of the biggest things that make EVE a joke of a game. It is a safe space for the worst of worst of gamers.

This indicates that haulage is too safe, not that it is too dangerous.

1 Like

your sentence makes no sense.
I did not say hauling is too safe.
I can’t see how it suggest hauling is too dangerous.

It really is poor decision making to make yourself a profitable or easy enough target that suicide gankers can profit from your temporary death.

In Eve you’re responsible for your own safety, it’s one of the biggest things that make EVE a better game, it’s an unsafe place for lazy and incompetent gamers.

5 Likes

Not only is suicide ganking a safe space and griefing outlet for the most garbage humans of online gaming, but newer players are disproportionately victimized with the potential for devastating losses because the game doesn’t inform you on the differences in CONCORD reaction times and gives you a false sense of security. The cost-free SG that we have now is a vampire that sucks from the lifeblood of EVE.

When you die to suicide gankers because you were unaware in the differences in concord reaction times, there is nothing else to blame but bad game design. The only players who typically observe the differences in concord reaction times are suicide gankers.

31 Talos @ about 135M each (per Zkill) is about 4.2B that fleet risked for that gank. I guess 4.2B is negligible? That JF pilot made that gank profitable by putting 30B+ worth of loot in one ship. If that gank failed for whatever reason, or the loot fairy said “no”, the gankers would be out a lot of ISK.

How do new players have devastating losses? They don’t have anything of value.

11 Likes

OK, an example.

Your Corp has a few billion ISK worth of goodies to move a few jumps to a nearby trade hub. According to your post, this needs to be done in a single trip, otherwise it’s not profitable. However, the value of any given service (or goods) is always increased by the demand and decreased by the supply. This means that the market value of haulage has settled on a point where people are routinely transporting billions of ISK safely.

Should haulage be made safer, you would need to start moving tens of billions per shipment because everybody else can safely move the same. If haulage is made more dangerous, then you can make a profit moving only a few million ISK at a time as that’s only what your competitors can safely do.

Get it?

You’re stuffing all those goodies into a single ship precisely because so many other people can get away with it.

You don’t need to know the specific times as a defender, particularly as a newbie. With a few minutes, seconds even, of research you’ll learn that the worst case scenario grants gankers 24 seconds to kill you. Plan around that number and you’ll do well.

Console game lobbies would like a word with you.

the game doesn’t inform you on the differences in CONCORD reaction times

Why would it? Game mechanics are generally left to the user to figure out and document, very few games come with official documentation in a world of digital delivery.

Eve’s mechanics are very well documented, by the players.

When you die to suicide gankers because you were unaware in the differences in concord reaction times, there is nothing else to blame but bad game design.

Or ignorance. People who learn from their mistakes will very quickly remedy their ignorance, the rest will whine about how it’s all so unfair and bad game design.

The only players who typically observe the differences in concord reaction times are suicide gankers.

Any halfway competent hisec hauler, industrialist and miner does too, if you know how the mechanics work it’s much easier to use them to your advantage.

4 Likes

definitely not.
if someone ask you to do something for 1 isk/hour, even if thousand of people request you to do that, you wont.
Hauling cost are more than just supply/demand, like actually many other things.

That would be high demand, indicating that the service should be more highly valued. Note that you assumed I do not wish to be employed for a lousy 1ISK per hour. I assume that you too, do not wish to earn such a low income. In fact, I bet no one would accept such a contract. Ergo, the value of the service is actually more than what you posted, because there is massive demand, but absolutely no supply at that rate.

Oh look, high demand and low supply will cause the price to go up. This is not a surprise to anyone with a rudimentary understanding of economics.

A relevant read: Law of Supply and Demand in Economics: How It Works

no, it won’t. You assume the price will grow up, but sometimes the price can’t go up - because it’s more than the sole supply and demand.

Why are you assuming it wasn’t an AWOX?

Your scenario painted thousands of potential customers. As they compete with each other, they will individually assess the value of the service they are asking you to provide. Many will realise that the service is indeed worth millions of ISK to them and will begin to offer those rates.

This phenomenon is literally covered in that article I linked for you, section E, part 2. Disequilibrium, excess demand.