Is there anyone hoping to see a more "Man-Role-Playing" New Eden? Or

This is why there is a large text/chat-based roleplaying community active on Eve. :slight_smile:

Maybe we don’t have characters to control and watch onscreen, but we use the existing lore and our imaginations to create stories of what life is like for people (particularly capsuleers) in New Eden.

Check out the Fiction Portal forum if you want to see this in action. ^.^

1 Like

Is that stil available now? I’ve tried the way in that video but didn’t success

Yeah, when I was in senior high school and had no time to play, I used to imagine and read all the things about New Eden, but now I can, so my wish has also increased :hushed:

It worked as described here by me:
https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6917337#post6917337
It worked of course to the day when CCP removed CQ.

I played Mudds and play by email role play game, so I love the fact that EVE has a good deal of RP involved. I also understand that people in station or in ship would detract from pilots in space but aren’t a lot of people in space anyhow? I always wanted to play Startrek Online but I haven’t because I don’t think I have the right equipment. Either way - Eve is pretty much my favorite game either way. I would play chess in station :smile:

1 Like

Emmm, I’ve tried on serenity but it can’t play either. The game even crashed when I tried to enter CQ :sweat:

I guess I had no chance to do that untill there is a new CQ in EVE.
:disappointed_relieved:

Liking just for using the Digimon Togemon…

Actually only a small portion railed against WiS on forums…and the “events” was the summer of rage and really was not tied to WiS, the resulting Captains Quarters we got after being promised true WiS was simply the catalyst for a rebellion against the Greed is Good memo that got leaked to the public.

After all the crap we recieved, and the CQ instead of true WiS that memo wanted to implement a cash shop for ships, ammo, etc that you could only get by paying with real cash…that is why the Jita Riots occurred…not because of WiS, but because of the lack of WiS.

So please get your facts straight.

I think, if its version without billboards, you will still have to use BINK from RAD Game Tools
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
and convert movies to BIK.

I’m actually here because I really wanted to play the new Star Trek Online extension a month ago but couldn’t. :laughing: Eve has been great, though.

Still holding out hope that they’ll release a version of STO that can be emulated on Nvidia’s GeForce NOW. It’s a solid platform that I use for PC games that I can’t otherwise play on my system.

Do you have Linux? Steam is making their own WINE called Proton, available now in Beta of Steam Play. If you have linux, it may work.

1 Like

I wanted to play EVE years before I had a machine that could actually host it. When I finally did play I was doing PVE mining and then I did PVE mining with a bunch of people and now I’m finally doing PVE combat and eventually will do PVP stuff or not. But the slow progression is fine with me.

As for STO? I don’t know - I was excited to see it come out but I’m not sure I would like the game play.

1 Like

OK, thanks buddy I’ll try that :grinning:

Walking characters are no requirement for role playing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.