Is this an absolute trash fit?

Title says it all. Hoping to maximize fleet boost and defense for small gang mining ops

[Orca, Orca]
Mining Foreman Burst II, Mining Equipment Preservation Charge
Mining Foreman Burst II, Mining Laser Field Enhancement Charge
Mining Foreman Burst II, Mining Laser Optimization Charge
Shield Command Burst II, Shield Extension Charge
Shield Command Burst II, Shield Harmonizing Charge
Large Remote Shield Booster II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II

Damage Control II
ORE Reinforced Bulkheads

Large Higgs Anchor I
Large Command Processor I
Large Command Processor I

Hobgoblin II x1
Salvage Drone I x1
Hobgoblin II x1
Hornet II x1
‘Augmented’ Mining Drone x1
Hobgoblin II x1
Hobgoblin II x1
Hornet II x1
Salvage Drone I x1
Hobgoblin II x1
Salvage Drone I x1
Hornet II x1
Salvage Drone I x1
Salvage Drone I x1
Hornet II x1
Hornet II x1

On my orca fits i like prop mod, lets yout gtfo in 10 secs. But limits your boosting options a bit.

I dont think its a bad fit. you have everything that contributes and nothing that is needless, though there could be alternate fits, you could run an aux shield repper?

You can’t fit that many command bursts. 3 is max without rigs.

Reading must be hard.

1 Like

Ok I missed that. Do you have to be a dick about it?

1 Like

the struggle is real

This IS the official forum for EVE.

His comment was tamer than what it could have been.

Tell me, why do you feel entitled to being handled with kid gloves? Are you, in fact, a child?

3 Likes

Why the Higgs? And the ORE mods say “Gank me please”…

The Higgs allows for near instant warp due to drastically reduced velocity. I can slowly cruise along aligned and just hit warp in a few seconds. makes the ship a friggin brick to fly though. and slow as hell for any long distance trips. with a top speed of 18.8 m/s I go to warp at around 12 m/s give or take.

The ORE bling is quite honestly a case of I am far too old in eve to not fly something nice for a friggin change lol

I also deploy things like MicroJump Deployables, and maintain mobile depots around my moon stations to have warp to points that allow me to warp into and out of the belt easily and change modules as needed either in the belt or at the warp to station point. As well as mobile tractor units to pull in jet cans to the Orca if I am sitting stationary. I try to keep my fellow miners as safe as possible while still able to mine.

I would suggest one set of light drones, and a set of maintenance drones. A mix of hull and armor.

The issue with augmented mining drones is that they are expensive, about 50mil per. It is a easy trade for a 2mil catalyst to target and lock several before Concord. They are a magnet for trouble.

The other factor is who are you boosting for? A fleet of Procurers and Skiffs - it might be over kill for Shield Extension. In which case I would drop one boost, add a Large Transverse Bulkhead II. Then add a Small Tractor Beam II. You will want to be able to collect jetcans for when the miners are not within range of the Fleet Hanger. If it is Covetors and Hulks then two medium or a med/small RSB would be preferred. (because of the smaller cycle time). Although I doubt would help much against the burst DPS of a gank attack.

It can also be situational. If you are mining within a Security Mission, then you can forgo all of the Shield Bursts. Add more tractors.

Thanks for the input on the drones, this is the sort of stuff I was hoping to get discussion wise. I know how to fit things but I have been away for a while and the module and ship changes sorta screwed up a lot of my old fits to the point I am having to redo a lot of them to maximize effectiveness.

I have been away from Eve for a few years due to RL circumstances and was finally able to come back recently. I left just before Citadel went live and I am having to relearn how to do a lot of the stuff I used to do due to the shift in Meta and the module/ship changes in the intervening time since I last undocked.

It’s not mandatory to be an edgy 12 year old even if you’re a big boy playing this serious space ship game.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.