Isk bounties and npc loot question

It’s rather interesting how defensive and attacking you and your counterpart get when discussing changes to mechanics that clearly causing a massive faucet into the system. I can’t imagine that a heavily defended Delve system that is Captial ratting is being camped often, but since those statistics aren’t something I can see I’ll defer to your knowledge.

So, how would you fix the problem of inflation from bounties?

You dont seem to understand, do you?

Even though ive made this point countless times.

Let me say again.

Its not delve that will suffer. Its everywhere else.

You are screwing the smaller corporations and alliances over.

Why would you assume that there is one?

A lot of ships cost less today than they did 3 years ago. A lot of modules cost less than they did 3 years ago.

That seems to be completely backwards from what an inflation is defined as being, wouldnt you agree?

Why would you assume that is an insane amount? a single month is a rather small data point, and not nearly enough to draw a proper correlation from. When you look at the year to date there has only been 8.2% inflation between jan and now (would prefer if the december mer was out but i’m going with what I have)

Now if we compare that to some real world inflation rates, its slightly more than 2.5x the average global inflation rate. and is comparable to that of etheopia, guinnie, and gambia.

now in the real world, thats bad (and most of the countries with inflation rates that high tend to be struggling) but real world nations are, theoretically at least, supposed to persist in perpetuity. a video game on the other hand is not.

Now, at the current average rate of inflation, it would take over 10 years for the total isk in game to double, and thats assuming that we don’t see an increase in the active isk delta as more veteran players leave and the server population drops. however unlike the real world, players are not nearly as affected by long term investments, mortgages, etc etc. and we have seen that as the total isk in circulation increases, and the price of ships decrease, its become easier and easier for people to start earning larger amounts of isk.

so if its not hurting people who have lots of isk as much as it would in the real world (due to long term cash investments not being as important, and things like plex generally keeping pace with the inflation rate) and its not affecting newer or less well off players as much since the surplus of isk and cheaper ships makes it easier for them to progress. why exactly is eve’s inflation rate a “serious problem”

I totally agree with solonius’ post

1. OP’s initial statement is totally wrong: afaik nobody earns 2B per hour on average with ratting in null sec.
    average gains are
  • VNI: about 50M/h
  • carrier 100-150M/h
  • super 200-300M/h
    and, as already said, to earn 200-300M/h in a super, you need to have a well organized alliance, with defense fleets, intel, etc, and you have to invest around 20-30B in your ship. To earn 200M/h… where you would earn 50M/h with a 100M VNI…
    In eve, the cost of things increases far more than the isk/h ratio that you get. Another example: If you want to earn more with mining, you switch from exhumer to a rorq. You will earn 3-4x more isks/h, but it will cost you 12B for your rorq+ excavators, you will have to dock up as soon as a red is announced a few jumps out, to stay docked if there are wormholes in the constellation. You will need strong allies, defense fleets etc. or your rorq will soon be destroyed, stuck in the asteroid field with indy core active…
  1. nerfing things will mainly affect smaller entities, not the big ones.

I think the 2 billion per hour could be a little exaggerated. I play an hour of day ratting in 0.0 and after bounties AND loot, I make only 10 billion per MONTH.

If someone is making 2 billion per hour, they are probably doing level 5 mission 23 hours per day… I could be wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.