Isk how it can be made, Class2 WH, Citadel

Good Afternoon all.

Im looking for advice and information on how i could possibly make isk in my WH.

Information about my set up

I currently have two alts in a Class 2 WH with static High-sec
One of my alts have great mining skills and decent building skills. my other alt has good plannet skills and ok building skills and has some combat skills. i have a small Citadel in the Wh

what i’m looking for

How can i make isk in this Wh should i make BPC in there? build items and move out to sell ? if to build what should i build? should i make a corp open to people and allow people to join and mine in my wh with a station and make money of taxing.

Want to do something different to keep eveonline interesting and help pay for my main pvp habit since the corp its in get WD a lot so can’t run incursions.

Any help or advice would be really helpful thanks everyone for reading.

There are quite a few ways to make isk in a Class 2 wormhole system, but some may be better than others based on the specifics of your system.

• Planetary Interaction (PI)
    Planets in a wormhole system are, in my experience, very resource rich. What you can produce will depend on the planets available but you will always want to minimize the volume of whatever you export, so Refined Commodities or better. PI is the most reliable source of income and scales well with the addition of more alts.

• Industry
    In my opinion, industry within a wormhole system just for making money is tough. Your real limiting factors will be the volume limitations when bringing in supplies and exporting products, and dealing with inconsistent resources if you try to source materials locally. I’ve never done industry in a wormhole beyond building what I needed to be partially self-sufficient, but I would try to find something that is valuable but small volume. T2 modules and ammo may fit the bill.

• Farm Anomalies
    This is the classic wormhole system activity. Shoot the sleepers, gather the loot, don’t get killed. Class 2 sites should be fairly easy to run, but I haven’t run them in well over 2 or 3 years. I know sleepers have been changed since then, so I don’t know how tough the Class 2 sites currently are. Running the anomalies within your own system will prove inconsistent because you are dependent on the spawn rate.

• Farm a Neighbor’s Anomalies
    If you have a second static (I think most Class 2 systems do) that leads to another wormhole system, you could run sites there. This is a bit more reliable source of income because you can roll the static for a new system connection, but there is more exposure to being discovered and shot down.

• Mining (Gas or Ore)
    Ore and gas can be mined and exported for sale, or used for production locally. Compressing the ore at a citadel makes it far easier to export ore from a wormhole system than it was in the past. Like the sleeper combat anomalies you are subject to the whims of spawn rates, which seem to be fairly slow and infrequent.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to use a wormhole system as a base for making BPCs for resale. I don’t know for sure, but I think in wormhole space the BPOs would drop if the citadel were destroyed. The idea of opening the corp to outsiders is an interesting one, but I have no idea how well it would work.

Good luck!

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t want to use a wormhole system as a base for making BPCs for resale. I don’t know for sure, but I think in wormhole space the BPOs would drop if the citadel were destroyed. The idea of opening the corp to outsiders is an interesting one, but I have no idea how well it would work.

Yeah, there is no asset safety in WH space. If you have a lot of expensive BPOs they are at risk.

Gas Mining is good if you have access to a C3 or above (Vast) or if you can fly tinker Snakes/Nestors C5/5 (Vital/instrumental)

Indy, I personally think that unless you find a really good Niche it will be hard to make meaning full ISK (its pretty hard in general). If you compare it to say PI, PI can make ~3bil ISK per month per account (assuming 3 chars with good skills and good PI planets) , with manufacturing you would have to make that much in profit, assuming 10% profit you would have to sell ~30bil per month and move that much and I doubt there are many niches that move that value per month without requiring something special.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.