I've found locked assets after 10 years of absence in the EVE

I abandoned playing EVE online around 9 years ago. Most of my assets were in 0.0 space. Recently i decided to return back to EVE but found that most of my assets were moved to LowSec packed in containers with the original location name. I’ve tried to unpack it but found that to do it i have to pay ~20% of the assets price.
As i found, there was a big change of the sovereignty structures and there are no stations/outposts and the sov. space.
As i understand, during this change assets of inactive accounts were moved to the LowSec stations. But my account was paid all the time and probably was considered as “active” during this asset transfer.
As a result I have my assets locked in LowSec while i had never acknowledged with the new system and fact that my assets will be locked with the ransom needed to pay to unlock it.

It seems very unpleasant “gift” for the returning player.

So, I have several questions according to mu case:

• Did I understand it right? Were the assets of inactive players moved to the LowSec without necessary ransom to be paid?
  • Does it seems a valid case for support to request to unlock my assets?

That is called asset safety. If the owners of the structure move, or if the structure is destroyed, your assets are moved to the nearest low sec system and placed in a NPC station.

Had nothing to do with you being inactive

It is a valid case of being thankful that someone saved your assets that you didn’t care for in the last 9 years.

1 Like

No.
Just because he does not play, does not mean he does not care.
You are not allowed to claim what he cares about in his stead. That’s toxicity. Get down your high horses.

@3A_EDy :

your assets which were in a safe place at the time have been moved by CCP into structures, which themselves have been unanchored by their owner. Your assets have thus been moved to LS and placed in “asset safety”. You may want to reach to a GM (support ticket, locked resource) to tell them about it and unlock your assets for free.

stefnia Freir Thank you for your response.
Do you have any ideas on what additional information I can provide to help GMs to do it?
Recently I’ve gotten a very generic response from the GM which surely wasn’t read at all.
It made me very frustrated.

Then you may just have to pay the 15% fee to get your stuff. GMs are under no obligation to give you “your” stuff for free.

Be sure you were in an outpost first. To do that, you need to have the safety wrap’s name and show that there was an outpost in that place before the migration.
Someone made the list here Ownership of Sov Stations and Outposts - Google Sheets
If the GM does not understand what an outpost is, he lacks the ability to handle that ticket.
The GM may be too young. Ask him to escalate since it’s an old event and old rules.

Remind him that when you left your assets were SAFE, as promised by CCP. CCP already moved items, including out of asset safety, for people who had been wronged by those changes. Remind him that it’s unfair from CCP to promise their customer the safety of their assets and then retract on their promise unilaterally.

Then if they still don’t want to give back to you what they stole from you, then I guess that company should not be trusted since it does not care about their customer ; your money and time may be better spent somewhere else.

1 Like

Assets belong to ccp, not us

define asset, define CCP, define us.

Assets that your character acquires in the game have your character id as its ownerid.
Your character therefore owns those assets. The subscription you purchase includes those assets.

Claiming they don’t steal from you when removing access to a service you subscribed to is wrong.

You have no interest in the value of your time spent playing the Game, for example, by the building up of the experience level of your character and the items your character accumulates during your time playing the Game. Your Account, and all attributes of your Account, including all corporations, actions, groups, titles and characters, and all objects, currency and items acquired, developed or delivered by or to characters as a result of play through your Accounts, are the sole and exclusive property of CCP

you are missing the point.

I doubt after the whole abandoned fiasco when ppl came back after assets were deemed safe, that ccp would give someone their assets back that are in a wrap

That’s because ppl don’t want to waste time suing them.
It’s not that CCP is right ; it’s that CCP robed from people who don’t want to waste their time.

No they didnt.

kthxbye.

They didn’t rob them, it is game mechanics. If you place assets in a player control station you accept the risk that the station will change owers or be destroyed. Unsubbing from the game for 9 years is irrelevant, sucks to be them.

1 Like

He did not.
That’s the thing you don’t get : 1. there is no player station, only player structure, and 2. they did not exist when he left. When he left, the mechanics were “your asset in an outpost are safe”.

So yeah, unsubbing 9years ago is relevant. Because 9 years ago, that thing did not exist. Changing the rules unilaterally is a breach of contract. The correct way to do that, would be to make structures - and asset safety - an opt-in feature for old players ; or to make them exempt of asset fee when they did not access their assets between the removal of outposts and the trigering of asset safety.
Anything else is extortion.

Except there is no breach of contract here.
As between you and CCP, CCP is the sole and exclusive owner of the Software, System, Game and Game Content (as defined below). The Software, System, Game and all Game Content are protected by law governing copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights. CCP reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.

It’s not a breach of contract. CCP has the right to alter the game as they see fit. That’s why none of us actually own anything in game. If we legally owned in game assets, players would be much closer to having a legal case protecting the assets from changes CCP makes.

Instead, no one but CCP owns anything and we all decide to exist and play in the sandbox created by CCP. Toys stay in the sandbox when we leave.

It’s not a pleasant answer, but OP has access to the asset safety system for the old assets. There is little to no chance GMs alter the status quo over this.

Though of course OP, submit the ticket anyway and make them tell you know. Good luck and congrats on Un-winning EVE o7

1 Like

Paroting won’t help your case. You are missing the point.