January 2019 Release - Known Issues

These info from Patchnotes
Fixed an issue that caused the tether graphical effect to disappear a few km before the tether effect is removed
this is not working
the grafik is diapearing again some km from the end of range and apaers then again
so this fix is not working

Several minutes? That sounds very excessive. Could you please send a bug report from the client directly after you opened the map when it took as long, so that we can have a look at your client logs? What settings are you using for the map and which version of the map? Please send the bug report before changing the settings in any way.

I can’t start the game. I play through steam. I clic the game and the button for launching the game on the launcher. Then appears the game icon and the black screen of the start with the login process. Then it disappears and I only can see the fps counter and a small gray ball on the left-down that says: Resource loading. I has been hours and it won’t start.
I relaunched and shut down the computer to play it but nothing.

“Known issues” Space is very empty atm (with all the autorun bot’s/afk alt’s in a massive universe), have to travel 100 jumps for pvp content(3-4 hour’s more time that most people can afforded to play per day :confused: ).

I know that you guys have fixed it and I know you guys have made it to where it would work better for us when we’re in game. I’m still I’m still playing in tranquility. But it’s been very very difficult now for a whole three days I have not been able to go to the game and play it. And people out of the development assistance for customer service or however you put it. they tell me it’s my computer or system and I say no it’s not because I have other MMOs that I played or working just fine.

Was mining Jaspet on a Venture, in a Large Hedb high-sec site. Not sure what I am supposed to see happen how - but the asteroid maintained its shape through the entire of its duration. 15000 units and 2500 per trip to the station - it just never changed appearance.

Your bug report was successfully sent and has the ID EBR-170086

(It is down to about 15 seconds now, for reasons unknown. Still feels too long though)

Feedback on what?What did you do?I see nothing new

Bookmarks keep randomly fly around system. I have a certain Keepstar bookmarked and this bookmark shows up on the star in the system, not on the Keepstar in question. This happened a couple of times now.

Deliver to local station seems to be missing from the right click on items in hold when 0m from a station you can dock at, is that intentional?

This is intentional but accidentally missed from the patch notes. This option was removed for UI and code clarity, the Cargo Deposit can still be accessed through the selected item window or right click menu on the structure.

You can buy and activate the new police skins, but they don’t show up to be used.

Actually, nvm, Ishtar vs Ishkur, guess who just tossed away 110 plex?

1 Like
  1. In lowsec Micro Jump Field Generator now requires red safety while still not giving any suspect or criminal timer.
  2. Micro Jump Field Generator now gives a weapons timer, singnifically decreasing survivability of command destroyers in fights near gates or stations.
    Both changes are not listed in patch notes so i hope they are not intentional.

seems there is a Fun little bug that when a moon belt expires the rocks stick around yet are not there you can even lock them send drones out yet nothing happens aw ccp and their bugs

Seems to be some issues with inventory being laggy. Moving a couple stacks present no issues but I noticed moving anything larger seems to be causing the frame rate to drop to nothing for several seconds. Seems pretty consistent with size of inventory being moved as well, a few stacks only a short frame dip and larger (100 stacks or more) causing several seconds where the client seems to freeze or get to single digits in frame rate. And it’s happening so far in all inventory cases, corp hanger, ship cargo bay, hitting loot-all on an MTU after mission, etc. I’ve cleared cache a number of times now and no change so far. Shared’s been verified, drivers good and all, everything was good before the Jan update.

Good. MJF changes are only good things. Still waiting on a MJF effect cool down so a group of 10 CD’s can’t MJF at the same time to move a fleet 1,000KM’s, the present mechanic is just too easy to abuse.

Heavy interdictors get a weapons timer for interdiction spheres.

Interdictors ‘used’ to get a weapons timer if someone tried to warp whilst in the ‘bubble’ but this was apparently changed because it was ‘free intel’ or some such.

AoE should always cause a weapons timer, not causing one should be the exception, rather than the rule.

January 2019 Release - Known Issues

• The September Release
  • The October Release
  • The November Release
  • The December Release

What I said was:-

MJD has a “one per ship restriction” and it has a cool down to prevent repeated consecutive activations.

MJF scales linearly with the number of modules, as does the total achievable jump distance. The following statement highlighted one of the “abused-to-the-point-of-broken” mechanics of the MJF meta…

You are correct in that a weapons timer does not directly prevent the bulk movement of a fleet large distances with a CD blob. A weapons timer does make life more difficult for CD blobs that simply warp to a ping several hundred kilometres from a gate and MJF their way through disruption bubbles to crash a gate.

Fighting groups of small ships that move fast and can’t be easily caught isn’t fun. Why else did half the interceptors loose their interdiction nullification?

On this there is agreement,

As far as my eve history knowledge goes, there was a time smart bombs in high security space were actually that, smart. You could run them without dropping out of green safety and a lot of mission runners liked to use smartbombs to clear away pesky weak NPC’s. Then CCP decided to change how EVE calculated who an “enemy” was and resulted in a computationally less expensive ( less laggy ) algorithm and with it the developers decided to throw out green safety smartbombing in favour of red-safety, full-time-weapons-timer mechanics for the sake of simplicity, rather than code in exceptions for the multitude of smart bomb edge cases.

The acceptance of a simple solution to AoE weapons timer “triggers” essentially shifted from what the AoE effect “did” ( previously accepted as a logical application of its operation ) to what it “could potentially do” ( illogical, but easy to understand as a rule and therefore accepted ) which meant more things generating weapons timers than they used to, even things that didn’t necessarily do any damage. Take bombs, if two bombs of different types are heading towards each other, whichever one explodes first will destroy the other, yet both ships end up with weapons timers despite on ship doing 0 damage.

The same could be said for the impact T3 destroyers had on everything from smaller ships like assault frigates all the way to battle cruisers. It took a very long time for CCP to buff smaller ships, even within the T3 bracket ships like the Svipul had an obvious dominance that took a long time to balance out.

I agree that giving out a weapons timer isn’t an outcome I’d have liked to see as a first preference.

I too would have much preferred a cool down mechanic to stop the repeated use of MJF to give large masses of ships the ability to move around grids too quickly and through interdiction efforts, yet I’ll accept a weapons timer in lieu, at least for now.

Sometimes is very frustrating that CCP seems to ignore the need to make changes, at least this is a change in a otherwise niche area and it is positive that CCP is giving it some attention. Hopefully this isn’t the last iteration and with time CCP will be responsive to feedback and make future adjustments.

Sadly for most of the past few years anything other than super blobs is pretty much niche.

I hope so, but like with the war declaration changes, its positive to see CCP acting on an easy to implement and straightforward change, with the promise to adjust it over time to get back into state of balance.

CD blobs are extremely rare, most of them done for fun (like venture fleets etc). Guess why? They are not efficient. This ‘abuse’ you are talking about has no practical use (you obviously didnt try that in combat).
P.S. If you think CD’s are unbalanced, please start a discussion elsewhere, this thread is for bugs. A change done without discussion and not listed in patch notes is a bug. Thats not how balancing should be done.