[JS] UserScript - Show Corporation / Alliance

my guess is that edge doesnt support DOM oberservers

EDIT: according to caniuse, edge should support most stuff

what i am curious about, the card is missing even your discourse username which doesnt seem like a good idea imo

1 Like

As promised. Here are my result from a browser test.

Winver: 1703 build 15063.483

Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 15.15063
Tampermonkey v4.3.5443

Not working.

Google Crome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Officiel version) (64-bit)
Tampermonkey v4.3.6

Working

Firefox Nightly 56.0a1 (2017-07-12) (32-bit)
Tampermonkey v4.3.5447

Working

1 Like

Thatā€™s from @Erika_Mizune script here:
EVE Online Forums

Had to remove a few lines.

1 Like

Yea the hidden username is part of my script. That wouldnā€™t effect anything tho.

1 Like

my goddamn laptop wont install tampermonkey in edge -.-

1 Like

is this it?
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/status/intersectionobserver/

1 Like

no this
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/status/mutationobservers/

idk what the issue is but i still cant install tampermonkey so has to wait a bit

1 Like

ok so it works for me in edge on win 10, sorry, idk what the issue isā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d assume maybe another installed addon conflicting with it then. Thatā€™s always a possibility.

Some basic troubleshooting: disable all addons except tampermonkey, see if works, if it works then turn back on other addons one by one.

1 Like

Already tried that. Tried disabling my host file. Looked for something I might have disabled in start.
Right now Iā€™m looking into Tampermonkeys settings butā€¦

@Vincent_Eneticum could get it to work in Edge so lets just say; thatā€™s it and call it a day.
I will, when I find the course of my miss fortune, give you an update.

1 Like

Hope you get it worked out! Would love to hear results when you do.

1 Like

sorry guys, i fixed the meta url to use the new forums

1 Like

@Vincent_Eneticum Excellent script, works really nice. Thank you! \o/

1 Like

always a pleasure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am I the only one who since todayā€™s dt only receives ā€œundefinedā€ for the corporation and alliance line in the short char bio when I click on a char?

Forum_CorpAllainceTagScript_NotWorking_Undefined

1 Like

nope, looking into it

fixed it :slight_smile: might have to manually trigger the update in tampermonkey but should be there at least after the next restart :wink:

2 Likes

Works, thanks. What was wrong with it?

the api finally changed the fields (corporation/alliance/character)_name to just name and the script is automatically using the latest version of the api so the old field couldnt be found :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am woundering if that script would work also when inserted into the theme directly?
At least I tried it on my own Discourse but I donĀ“t get any result on Firefox, in Chrome just the link beside the Name which also is set wrong.
Are there any changes to be made when this script would be inserted into the themes header?