July Release - Strategic Cruisers

So, as this is due to being released just one week from now, I would like to mention that currently, the graphics for subsystems on singularity are a total mess, and there’s a lot of unnecessary swapping of subs going on. I think the prime rule when doing this should be to keep new subs as close to their old equivalents as possible from a graphics point of view, as to not make relearning how all the subs look any worse than it has to be.

I already shared this document with Sturm Gewehr and Mawderator from the focus group, but i might as well post it here too. It lists all the old subs and what new subs took over their graphics, where a sub got swapped for a less fitting one, as well as some suggestions how to make it better: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n5pwdXY7OVUiRs5t98KuGl27yxdZbcQVJcGXnZ9Oxso/pubhtml#

Also, @ Orca Platypus: you do realize that cloaky, nullified fits actually have been hit fairly hard with this patch, aside from now being able to put out some dps, right? Tank, signature and most importantly mobility have all been nerfed.

3 Likes

What? Cloaky nullis have been hit massively (all bar their dps).

Either you’re dumb or taking me for one.

What counter do you imagine to a cloaky tengu boasting full rack of ECM?

None. The only thing you can do is to have a cloaky tengu boasting full rack of ECM sitting next to your bait 23/7 and may whoever is luckier with ECM rolls win.

This needs to stop being a thing ASAP.

Hey folks one quick update:

As an eagle-eyed player has pointed out to CCP Delegate Zero, we mistakenly swapped the faction identification of the new components and salvage for Amarr and Minmatar. I’ve updated the post above with the corrected identification and will be fixing it ingame right away. At this moment it’s incorrect on SISI but it will be fixed with a future SISI update (Ladar should be Minmatar and Radar should be Amarr).

3 Likes

[quote=“Orca_Platypus, post:43, topic:8414”]
What counter do you imagine to a cloaky tengu boasting full rack of ECM?[/quote]

Fit a cyno.

1 Like

I think perhaps your argument is more with ECM there then. As you can do that with a falcon too… it just doesn’t have nullification.

1 Like

Never worked outside gewn space. Next fail counter please.

1 Like

Is 2 BPC’s for the wrecked ancient salvage a bit low, nobody will even use them (still) i mean they were already VERY low with 3x copies per invention.

Would help with the value to leave at 3x so they maintain some value.

please post a fit showing this concept.
This sounds like everytime someone tries to do solo pvp falcon and dies to a single trasher.

Other then that these looks like real good changes after playing around with the ships in eft. Shuts down some old usecases and makes some new ones.

2 Likes

Falcon not only lacks nullification, it has incredibly funny tank and even funnier dps. That tengu, which pretty much loses any other purpose, doesn’t have any of those downsides.

1 Like

As this question has nowhere been answered: will T3 cruisers again be able to enter DED 3 and DED 4 sites? That are still cruisers and so they should still be allowed to enter any site where a cruiser normally can enter(except base burners)

on the loki subsystem:

why not make it 5% to medium projectile turret damage and 5% rof plus ad a 6th turret instead of this huge damage bonus? would make more sense for me and most other minmatar ships have bonuses like that(hurricane)
and what about changing the missile subsystem to 5% damage and 7.5% rof plus adding another launcher? with the 10% rof bonus you will reload your launchers most of the time fighting plus the ammo use is massive

1 Like

So your argument with these changes is that a specific single-purpose-fit T3C can’t be easily countered? isn’t that a bit like complaining that faction battleships aren’t working because projectile Machs are really good at structure killing?

Checked mach cost recently, mr. derailer?

My argument is that those changes create a stupidly imbalanced thing, in an area of cloaky camping, which, of all things, definitely didn’t need a major buff.

2 Likes

post the fit, show us your eft skills

Yea im just curious to see if any reasoning was given. There was definite effort spent by Fozzie and Rise to get the Galent line up to speed so to speak during the first waves of tiericide. Nearly every ship of their line got faster, sometimes significantly so to make them capable at speed and able to close to apply their damage.

And yet heres some crazy anomaly, the proteus, their most advanced ship design ever and its somehow slower than anything left in space short of a capital ship. Like hey guys, those year of ship design and engineering choices that got us to where we are in the great space arms race, yea, ignore all that crap, look how slow Amarr are, hold my beer.

2 Likes

“We dont need to be fast, we just out tank everything short of capitals and kill them in the process” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yea its a drastic weird change in ship design philosophy, Amarr overcome it with the range lasers allow, even short ranged lasers have considerable range, comparatively blasters are trash and being so slow is a pretty massive handicap to stick on the most technologically advanced sub capital ship in your line

On the subject of Proteus speed, we just decided to avoid giving the already vastly most popular Strategic Cruiser a new speed subsystem bonus that it didn’t have before out of caution that it might get too strong relative to the others.

On base stats before you apply the bonuses of a AB speed bonus or base speed bonus from a nanofiber sub, the Proteus has the second highest MWD/AB speed of the lot (since its lower mass helps it pull ahead of the higher base speed on the Legion) which is the normal pattern for Gallente ships.

1 Like

We are not planning on making any adjustments to acceleration gate access in this patch. However once we see how the balance shakes out in practice we would be willing to re-evaluate what complexes the T3Cs should be allowed into.

4 Likes

Thanks, this kind of document is very helpful. I’ll make sure the relevant people see it.

2 Likes