July Release - Strategic Cruisers

I’m just trying to PVP proteus fit that isn’t completely outclassed by the other Tech 3 ships… It’s not looking good.

I bet you any money CCP decide to nerft the other some more instead of buffing the proteus :smirk:

1 Like

While I don’t know how wide the margin is, there will always be a technically lesser one out of 4 options.

I don’t fly Loki or Proteus, so I can’t comment on those, but I’m shocked about the degree of nerfing you did to the Legion and Tengu. I now have two ships that are 100% useless from the purpose of their previous builds. And my 2nd Tengu has been so heavily nerfed, its defenses are pathetic in comparison to its previous stats. From the dev blogs and discussions, I thought this was going to IMPROVE T3 Cruisers, not drastically reduce their capabilities!

Was their a reason for this nerf? Were there issues that came along with T3 Cruisers being too powerful for their intended class? And why remove the Legion’s Neut options? That was a very specific niche purpose that fit so perfectly, and now it’s just been completely removed.

Also, the Concord cruiser… I forget the name off the top of my head, but it has a bonus to Cloak and Scanning.

Well, I didn’t try to use it in wormholes yet, I mostly operate in hi-sec, hunting for DED and data sites. And I find it easier to use than the previous version.
Is that stream recorded somewhere? I’m curious what other people found bad about it.

Didn’t read if the drone speed bonus was nerfed or not. on the Gallente drone subsystem. Is it reduced from 37.5% max to 25%?

You really don’t have a strong grasp of reality on the Tengu do you? the Tengu doesn’t possess the PWG or CPU to functionally USE batteries in the first place so merely mentioning them is a friggen joke at best and an insult to someones intelligence at worse, its like trying to throw a V8 Hemi engine into a Chevy volt.

I’m quite enjoying the “waaah you nerfed my overpowered ship that really wasn’t overpowered at all, no honestly that’s why I had 5 alt accounts using them because they weren’t overpowered”.

Especially so when people start to construct obviously fake logic and reasoning.

overpowered where

Ratting: ship type of choice
WH: ship type of choice
fleets: doctrine of choice in many situations
missions: lots of people use them
smaller gangs: ship type of choice in many situations

If you can’t see that you’re delusional but then we’re used to that from you, by now.

The really funny bit is that all of them got quite a bit more powerful in one specific setting and play style but that’s not what the masses do because it doesn’t involve grinding PVE or large lol fleets. And that is why threads like this are full of whining: masses who just face roll through EVE.

yeah full of crap like i thought
t3cs havent been op in years
not since the hm nerf tbh

So you’re saying you didn’t use them then?

ive used a lot of ships
does that mean theyre all op

So if you don’t use them much, as you put it, why do you care what happens to them so much that you spam this thread like mad?

Must be a reason for that, right?

yeah probably
youre not gonna get anywhere clutching at straws like that though

really, you’re now at 40+ posts in this <800 replies thread. that means that 5% of posts here are yours. And you’re suggesting that you’re not whining about how the ships you don’t really use (lol) got nerfed.

You use them a ton, this is why you’re in this thread.
And you use them a ton for a good reason, which is now nerfed. This is why you’re in this thread.

T3C were silly, too good and too dominant. Now not so much, this is a good thing. And as said for some play styles they have actually become more powerful and while I enjoy that play style I’d say that they’re now a little bit too good for it and I’m ok stating such as I’m not a hypocrite.

lol you are so full of it
so you just make stuff up about people you dont know
when you could just read my posts and see for yourself what im on about
instead you would rather invent your own little story
and then say im delusional
you are a waste of time

[quote=“Tau_Oneka, post:769, topic:8414”]
I enjoy that play style I’d say that they’re now a little bit too good for it and I’m ok stating such as I’m not a hypocrite.
[/quote]you are a hypocrite
you dont enjoy any playstyles
youre dont even have a kb
youre not a real person

It’s a simple fact, you’re splurging all over this thread. Logic says that there must be a good reason for it.

So I’m using facts and logic to indicate that your whining about how bad they are is probably because you use them a lot. Because if you didn’t use them a lot why would you care. And using them a lot comes from them being really good, better than other options, which thus needs nerfing.

Simple logic.

by ignoring the facts and making assumptions
no wonder youre a school janitor

The fact is that you’re whining in this thread, so are lots of other people. Whining indicates that their beloved ship got nerfed, they love it because it was really good, otherwise they wouldn’t use it and wouldn’t care. QED.

T3C were overpowering in many ways, rather than being versatile which is what their intended role was. Now they’re not overpowering any more and they massively gained in versatility due to rig changes, sub changes, innate ship bonuses and the sub bay.

Doesn’t mean they’re now bad, they’re just not as good as they were which is completely fine. Deal with it.