July Release - Strategic Cruisers

the only thing thats broken is people ratting in null without risk
what a hypocritical argument

2 Likes

Not really, just spending more isk on disposable bomber alts… Your ideas of how a blops gang work and what the risks are must be limited and franky, the idea of “non combatants” in this game is rather daft.

2 Likes

^this

“Non Combatants” are people not yet in the right ship/gang/char to feel comfortable shooting at you. EVE is like Postal 2: give me boring tasks and guns and see what I will do with that.

Then maybe you should start off with saying that, rather than trying to say:

can you comment on the reasoning for nerfing the warp speed bonus on the hyperspatial optimisation (aka gravitational capacitor) and why you decided to completely remove the ability from the tengu?

You seem to have his weird definition of removed that doesn’t actually require something to be gone.

And like I have had to repeat at least three times now, the time to target has only been nerfed on the short end. You’re example of 5au only stays true for a little bit longer before it is a net gain in time. If that short range was the only situation you used it ever, then sure, it’s worthless to you now. But by no means is it actually worthless because you refuse to use it in other scenarios. Not every system (nor the majority) are so small as that.

Also, yu mind sharing the math you have to get those time to target examples you had earlier?

I guess it depends on how you see it. In my mind, it can’t do what it did pre-patch so it is effectively a removal of the ability… and just because you still see “x% bonus warp speed” and ignore all other stats, you seem to think nothing has changed.

Granted the the longer you warp the more ground you cover but that shows a lack of understanding of what this sub was useful for. If it takes you over 10 to reach your target, 9 times out of 10 that target has already warped away.

Before the patch i had a tengu that could enter warp travel 50 au and land at the destination within 10 seconds but now it takes me around 17. Considering that the proteus still has that ability post-patch, how are you not seeing that it has EFFECTIVELY been removed from the tengu? Actually don’t answer because i don’t care. If you don’t think there is a problem, that’s fine.

… off topic

There is no risk free ratting (in NS). Hunting and killing a solo ratter/explorer/mission runner I have no issue with.

Dropping at least 4 Sins with several support ships on a single player running sites is IMO comparable to your average neighbourhood thugs stealing a kids lunchbox and breaking his bike just for the fun of it.

To be clear, everyone is entitled to their play style, it’s what makes EVE great. That does not mean I have to agree with any play style nor silently accept one for what it is.

and back on topic …

[quote=“JC_Mieyli, post:734, topic:8414, full:true”]
the only thing thats broken is people ratting in null without risk
what a hypocritical argument
[/quote]I’d rather they not make T3Cs safe to combat ratting being safe. There are other ways to introduce risk, ways that don’t negatively affect ship balance.

not sure i follow

deep sea baby

1 Like

Find me the faction cruiser that gets covert-ops cloaking and bonuses to scanning, for example.

Combat sites are competitive. I can and do compete in small ships, with faction and pirate cruisers… The only way I could compete with T3Cs in those sites is with another T3C. That’s not a good way to go for low end sites.

[quote=“Specia1_K, post:745, topic:8414”]
Find me the faction cruiser that gets covert-ops cloaking and bonuses to scanning, for example.
[/quote]called a stratios

1 Like

Bingo.

Why do I need covert cloak in hisec? Hisec sites are scannable in every type of hull. Medium weapons all types, all but RLML, are not so good to shoot smaller targets. So no you overestimating the abilities of T3C, you will lose this sites to T3D or faction cruisers not other T3C…

Lol they have broken the HK part. It doesn’t matter what you drop on it. They are making it so the hunter ship cannot catch targets now…

Nullibears even safer now. .

If your using a T3C to shoot red houses you need to self destruct. They were designed to be used in WH space, for hunting, recon and heavy combat with REAL pilots! Where there is very limited amount of mass to move with. They took there stats form null sec doctrine F1 monkey fits and used it to justify and mutilate the entire class into this GARBAGE!!! Do you guys even play this game?? First you ass up the probe/d-scan u.i. and now kill off ALL recon capability with this active tank GARBAGE!! You people are extremely stupid!! Or purposely trying to force out WH game play. Your ruining everything!

You’re.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why some people hate the new probe UI, I think it’s much easier to use. The ability to quickly switch between top and side view is cool, the fact that I’m able to see all relevant arrows on the probes is great, and the probe anchor box has priority over the markings (most of the time) so it’s easier to move it around. Sure some buttons are placed differently, but the hotkeys still work.

You probably do not use it that much. Especially in WH space it’s horrific. It’s slow, clunky and generally has way to much ‘pretty’ getting in the way of being fluid and functional.

That you have to wait for an sound effect to play out before the process moves on as well as the bad UI design does not make this an improvement over the previous version.

All the flaws, bugs and odd things were well documented and presented to CCP, including a two hour live stream going over all of it. They did exactly nothing with any of this and just pushed the changes out.

1 Like