Jump Clone Mechanics are Broken for casual players

Drigo, it is too late to fix a problem once a patient is dead. This is why EVE should invest significantly more strategy and dev time to mitigate destructive feedback loops that accelerate the how quickly players leave the game when real life circumstances change.

Now if this is not a problem, or if fixing this problem will create more problems, than resources should not be invested. If it is a problem, and there is evidence that suggests that tweaks to jump clone mechanics can mitigate this problem without creating bigger problems, than this problem should be investigated. Nothing more, Nothing less.

I’m just here to shed light on this problem. Its up to the community and CCP to decide whether its worth looking into further.

Salt,

That is great for someone who plays often. If i’m logging in once a month, it makes more sense to maximize skill training. This is where game mechanics break. Training clones, PVP, PVE clones require different implants. I’m not going to PVP in +5 implants, as it does not gain me any advantage. However, if i do not return to a training clone I will lose out on 324,000 SP every 30 days. Therefore, the most logical decision is to not play.

Just want to remind … there is no issue with jump clones. Nothing is broken for casual players, actually EvE is better suited to casual play than ever.

4 Likes

There is a very good game-balance reason for the timer on the jump-clone. Reducing that because “casual players” would just make the game worse overall.

Again, this is not a game-mechanic -issue, this is a entitlement-issue.

The most logical decision is to stop trying to minmax everything and focus on having fun.

dont use +5’s, use +4’s in every clone you have, and if you want to specialize get the +4’s that add to your particular abilities/gameplay, spruce up with some hardwires there you go.

Or just quit being risk adverse.

1 Like

If you are not active please do not post suggestions.

1 Like

Then sit in your +5s and dont log in at all? Clearly you have no desire to use the available solutions, despite the minimal risks they entail in a game like EVE.

We can always blame the other guy… That is what EVE has been doing, and how is that working out? You can never run away from problems you create unless you face them and fix them

Sure you can- stop making problems if you dont like the existing multitude of solutions.

I mean… clearly you arent a casual player. Casual is “I only play on weekends” and such ilk. You’re beneath that. You know, the kind of player who’s activity in the game is so little or beneath notice, it wouldnt make a difference if you walked away permanently? That kind of player isnt worth “fixing” problems for, not when it’s not going to make an appreciable difference in activity.

And how do you think I dropped off to once a month or so?
Try short sighted game mechanics that disincentivize casual play.

Why would I or someone else with family, work, life and not a lot of extra time would continue to play a game where there are significant processes and time requirements to leave the game? While this may be useful to encourage players to constantly be in game, it is rather shortsighted as it creates a cliff where players like myself fall off from.

Well, how about using the damn citadels with clone bays? That is a solution right there…

Just fly an empty clone. Why obsess over sp/hr if you only log in occasionally? Once you have a ship/activity trained to a sufficient level to have fun, why care about getting to the next ship/activity/sp goal a day or two faster or slower? Or just man up and buy a new clone when you lose yours. Have fun, obsessing over isk/hr, sp/hr, KB stats and all that nonsense is foolish. Just go have fun. If you cannot, move on.

1 Like

Yup, you should quit, I’ll take care of your stuff for you.

1 Like

After a second read I call “Bull Sheet.” I believe you are just an underachiever and have constructed this canard argument because its the only way you can see to blame someone besides yourself for your failure.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.