Keynote Chat

And even the trailer was the most uninteresting trailer in the history of EVE :sob:

1 Like

This isn’t worth the extra five bucks…

4 Likes

Itemised feature billing… that way you know what features are in demand, by customers paying for that feature.

I think @CCP_Paragon owes us an explanation here- which of the things that were announced did you see as a content update? Let alone the biggest one in a long time? Or, did something else happen? Did the thing you thought would be announced not get announced?

9 Likes

Well, it seems like they use the NPE to concentrate on the most basic fundamentals. Of course, if they expand the NPE/career agents, they should definitely give players greater and greater freedom to solve problems and achieve goals as they see fit. But, I don’t think it’s wrong for them to keep things that simple that early on.

I think what they could do:

Fixes:

• Remove the BRM
    (bring income back to null)
  • Remove the 1 mil Free SP for alpha toons until they omega
    (ganking is no longer free)

Updates:
-New Combat Anons for wormhole, null, low
-New Missions for High sec
-New Ships (IE T2, T3 Capitols)
with the graphic updates that would be a better Keynote
-Introducing Planet interaction (Planet Warfare, City Building)

5 Likes

I’m still waiting for it…

The rest of the agenda for fanfest is split up into concurrent tracks… I am skeptical that they would announce a big change in one track while there are two or three other presentations going on in other rooms.

• we don’t need more grind nul bear buffs

• removing 1 mil SP is fine but it doesn’t stop ganking, it just means it takes a bit longer to train them. If you really think it does you don’t know how things work.

• it’s a sandbox where us player not only ARE the content but also CREATE the content. “New missions” are new for exactly 3 weeks until it gets gamed again, everyone watched the latest YT guide on how to optimise it into oblivion and boredom and then people start raging about “running out of content”. Those people should really go back to WOW (as shitty as that saying is).

• new ships are not content, they might be a means to create content but that’s it. If you think ships are content I refer to the above point.

3 Likes

Obligatory… When Linux native?

1 Like

No announcement of PvE server? No Rorquals in high-sec? No mining and mission buffs?

Subs DROPPED!!!

4 Likes

They be opening up Eve Anywhere for Alphas and more regions, so I guess that will inflate the online numbers more with multi-accounts?

1 Like
  • we don’t need more grind nul bear buffs
    (more content for null players)

• removing 1 mil SP is fine but it doesn’t stop ganking, it just means it takes a bit longer to train them. If you really think it does you don’t know how things work.
    (I didn’t say anything about stopping it, I said “ganking is no longer free”)

• it’s a sandbox where us player not only ARE the content but also CREATE the content. “New missions” are new for exactly 3 weeks until it gets gamed again, everyone watched the latest YT guide on how to optimise it into oblivion and boredom and then people start raging about “running out of content”. Those people should really go back to WOW (as shitty as that saying is).

(new content is content)

• new ships are not content, they might be a means to create content but that’s it. If you think ships are content I refer to the above point.

(not content but would be exciting with the new graphics talked about in the keynote)

You remind me of something totally absurd I encountered…

This account, which is Omega and which I pay for, has 3 toons and I can only train one at a time. Which means my 2 other toons are both under 5 million SP and I cannot increase that without paying more or shifting the skills queue to them.

On the other hand, my free new Alpha account can reach 5 million SP in its sleep and without me doing anything. I mean…what the…

So a free account can gain more SP than the toons in a paid for account ! Something is not right about that. Toons in an Omega account should be treated no differently to Alpha accounts.

3 Likes

ya that’s kind of backwards.

No new ships
No new content
No new space

Just visuals, UI and NPE.

EVE Online is in maintenance mode.

16 Likes

Not looking like the big D announcement they were hyping.

33% increase for this??

No, thanks.

They better pull something out in the next 24 hours that is ridiculously mind-blowing or I’d start updating resumes at CCP.

6 Likes

Well I am shocked. I expected annoucement like whole new ship tree with dozen of ships or at least triglavian mining ships and combat & mining drones, or new structures or at least a few drifter ships or something available to the capsuleers instead several times mentioned how old is this game and listenning what they archieved and boring irrelevant things from their lives, It looks like they were preparing for it few hours in advance. There is almost nothing valuable to old players. New hangars and some emblems ok, but that´s it ? Seriously ? And they have the arrogance to increase Omega price for no new content in last two years and not anything over the horizon .If I would do the same at my job I would be probably fired. I am glad that I did not go there after all. To be honest regular game development studio would do similar content update bi-monthly and free of charge.

Verdict : I pay for two Omegas each month and I wanted to start third but right now I am going to unsub on both and I will not buy omega again. I guess that I will not be only one- really good job CCP you just made first huge step towards financial suicide. :woozy_face:

Fanfest day 2 UPDATE : CCP says that they wont show us new ships, modules and all other stuff because they want to surprise us in Q4 2022 so lets see where that goes

8 Likes

What’s really hilarious is that it’s been $20 per additional slot to use MCT so you can train 2 or 3 toons on a single account… but only one character can be logged in at once.

Why would anyone spend $20 to skill an additional toon that can never be logged in with the others on the account when you could just pay $15 (before increase) to skill another toon on another account and actually log them in together.

Either CCP really thinks low of their customers or things really truly are as bad as it appears in Iceland. Incompetence across the board.

4 Likes

How is it not free, nothing would change other than it taking a bit longer to train them as alpha. Alpha gankers would still be able to do do what they would do now, it’s just that new ganking alts would take a bit longer to train.