Khanid Kingdom stacking the Theology Council

Convenient, blaming others for failing to stop the monster she let lose. Yes, they are incompetent, and corrupt. But Jamyl was no innocent.

Thatā€™s not how it works.

King Khanid III, as he styles himself, is, for better or worse, a member of one of the Heir Families, i.e. House Khanid.

Heir Families are subject to the jurisdiction of the Theology Council and their agencies, e.g. the Speakers of Truth. The Speakers of course famously disciplined Heir Aritcio Kor-Azor when he overstepped the line, several years ago.

So, either King Khanid III changes the symbol, or he isnā€™t a member of a Heir Family, but is instead an outcast or renegade or other such malcontent.

1 Like

You know what I see? I see a bunch of Minmatar-loving, liberal, abolitionist traitors casting unfounded aspersions upon a Royal House of the Amarr Empire while ignoring the rank heresy in their own ranks.

But they have attempted to kill you several times.

4 Likes

No, see, thatā€™s how it worked.

Khanidā€™s shown heā€™s more than willing to go it alone: heā€™s capable of going it alone. He has the military and economic strength to tell the rest of the Empire to go to hell (again), and good enough ties with the State that the Empire canā€™t be sure they wonā€™t end up fighting their only ally. If push comes to shove, they will, once again, decide ā€˜ok, you can be fully-independent-but-allied-with-usā€™ over ā€˜letā€™s fight this out now while the Federation, Republic, Blood Raiders, EOM, and now the Triglavians all take advantage of us killing one anotherā€™.

Why do I think that? Because thatā€™s the response they had last time, too.

Nothingā€™s changed, on the cosmopolitical level. Thereā€™s been no shift in the balance of power within the Empire. Thereā€™s been no realignment of the players. The other Houses have been playing by the rules, and Khanid hasnā€™t had to. So theyā€™re in a situation whereā€”because coming back into the fold didnā€™t mean standing down the RKN or turning them over to the Empireā€”heā€™s still got the firepower to make trying to force him to tow the line a losing proposition for the Empire.

So the Empire isnā€™t going to push it. Because they canā€™t really afford to be shown to be a paper tiger (again), and they canā€™t afford a civil war. And he (because we all know Khanid III is yet another Khanid II clone) will just continue to bide his time, seed his minions in the Council, and eventually, heā€™ll win one of these Succession Trials, and POOF! The prohibition against cloning goes away within probably three years.

Kor-Azor could be disciplined because Kor-Azor played by the rules. Khanid doesnā€™t, and as a result, heā€™s in a position to be a thorn the Empire cannot afford to pull out.

4 Likes

I wish this was true.

Even so, this is rapidly turning into the tale of the snake who ate his own tail.

Good.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.