Kill 15 Triglavians in Abyssal Space

@CCP_Swift Untill the new feature announced at Fanfest get released, is it possible to quick fix this madness with a regular skilling spree style challenge (for the non-mining one), like kill X NPC (regardless of NPC type and in any space?

4 Likes

First, put yourself in the skin of newbros (that one demographic that is more likely to crave for SP, and the group CCP claims to care about for the last 2 years I’m playing). They are more likely to do T0 and T1. CCP failed badly on this one.

Plus, this morning I witnessed Gustav Manfred doing T5 (in frigs) for 4.5 hours and I remember past the 3hour mark he had not completed the triglavian challenge on his Nergal alt (I didn’t paid full attention past that, so not sure if he completed it by the end of the stream). Not only RNG is poop, but the kills are not shared among fleet members (contrary to fleet in normal space all get bounty and standing as long as they apply 1hp damage.

I mean my corp uses them to skin structures. pretty much none of us buy the emblems when we could put pretty skins on our homes.

Agree with the OP… whatever your view on Abyssals, if you’re a newbro grinding T0 to get a specific type it can become very tedious if they just won’t spawn (are the spawns skewed?).
Fairly obvious it should just be “Kill X NPCs in the Abyss” so you dont have to waste hours on 5K SP or whatever. The way it stands, its making the Abyss less popular.

3 Likes

Oh, and everyone knows that evermarks are pointless (except maybe CCP). Players wanted to add logos to their ships and it was implemented in the most pointless way imaginable - could have just allowed them to be purchased by whoever actually values that.
Yes, anecdotal evidence suggests that nobody bothers with evermark challenges, and are pretty turned off by the fact they are even there. (dont think you need to waste effort collecting stats on that one)

5 Likes

Not true, it was implemented in the lamest P2W way possible. Instead of a logo that you can put on your ship, you get a special currency to rent a logo that will be on that specific ship and only that specific ship until it comes times to rent it again.

The main reason why the evermark thing is failing is the need to go to specific stations (that are generally far away from the beaten path) and use the absolutely horrific interface of the LP store to do anything with the things.

But why would they do that? They nerfed it to this state because it was too beneficial for players. This way, its just 1:5 you actually get a “challenge” for skill points, and mostly it will be abyss NPCs. This design is absolutely deliberate. CCP wants to look like they are giving you freebies, but they also want to sell you SP directly for cash.

1 Like

Just ignore them if you don’t like them.
On the other side… they sometimes make me mine ore in high sec… for a few minutes for the little benefit they give.

Please link your insightfull orignal statement from CCP about this garbage mechanic, which is total nonsense and a big middle finger to new players which they claim to care about. Unless you were sarcastic (ref your last sentence, aka starving low SP players for a cash grab).

Oh, and I’m voting with my wallet since that change : I have not bought any SP pack (skill training packs or starter packs) since, even on my lower SP Omegas, which I would have otherwise (like I did on my main in prior years). This being said, I regret subbing those accounts since they officially shut down Sisi (that’s another otpic, but my tests on Sisi prior to it’s shut down was the main factor for subbing those account earlier this year). If the shut down had occured earlier I could have also voted my opinion on this decision by not subbing them (when their sub end, I’ll have that opportinity). I have no doubt they are monitoring their income following such and such decisions, so wherever it goes…

Was trying to complete “Kill 5 triglavian in abyss space” challenge. Started 1 hour before DT. Was doing t0s in Punisher because I was doing them on a low SP market alt.

Soon before DT I finished probably 8th site? Ended with 4/5 killed.

I swear I never get baited into this ■■■■ content ever again!!!

EDIT: got kill 10 triglavians in abyss after DT. No thank you. :smiley:

2 Likes

Same here today…

Just a total waste of time but would have been easy if it just was “kill 5 NPC in Abyssal Space”!

Except it isn’t. If half of the potential tasks are related to abyss then you will see abyss tasks taking over. Kill NPC, mine ore, launch fireworks, kill sleepers/drifters (does it have to be in abyss? why not in jspace?), kill triglavians, kill drones… Why no task such as “scan X signatures” or “complete X combat anomalies”? [extra points for torture: complete 15 burrows]

We definitely could use some pvp challenges in there. PVE challenges aren’t the problem, it is the problem of “kill X NPC of NPC_Kind” in an instance that doesn’t guarantee a particular spawn. If you get unlucky you can spend hours diving and not get the damned spawn you need. There is a good reason why people don’t do these tasks. If it was “complete X filaments [of at least T1/T2/T3 tier]” then it wouldn’t be an issue. A simple goal that you can easily plan for.

Mine X Ore may be boring, but at least you have easy way to do it that doesn’t involve diving into space that may or may not have particular kind of rock.

Can’t have that in MMOs!? Gotta work hard for that very specific side quest. :joy:

this this today. 170m and 3 ships+pods i gave up. the “abyss channel” was like “t1 abyssal recommends a Gila or above” how about no.

Abyss is not for the weak. Do you think the Triglavians did joke when they said “Only the strongest are worthy to succeed!”? Thousands have managed to go through these challenges, if you cannot, no one else is to blame but you.

2 Likes

You can google how to run abyss sites on youtube you know that right?

i did. funny thing. i have assault frigs maxed. light missiles maxed. and ran the exact fit that it tells you to run. on hawk and worm. both died to the alpha on spawn. not a fun time.

What on earth.

A HAWK??? WORM???

I am 100000000000% sure Gilas are plastered everywhere in EVE. Hawks and Worms are pretty fringe for abyssals tbh. Gila is the main staple.

Start with a gila and run t3s. It’s easy. Eventually abyssals become second nature. I run t4s all the time. Thousands run t4s-t6s all the time. If you EVE mail me id be happy to share my gila fit and yah abyssal fits are expensive at high levels.