Skillers in the Abyss

Greetings,

It’s time to dive back into the depths of the Abyss and take on whatever comes your way with the new Skillers in the Abyss event. Happy skilling!

12 Likes

Skillers in the Abyss?

Log in between 11:00 UTC on 28 April and 11:00 UTC on 4 May and accept increasingly deadly daily challenges where you will have to kill either Abyssal Drones, Drifters, Sleepers or Triglavians in Abyssal Deadspace for Skill Point rewards.

More like Killers in the Abyss…

6 Likes

Are these doable by Alpha in Regular T1 cruisers or is it "you must be -GILA- Tall (and Deadspaced) " to ride this ride.

1 Like

Doesn’t say anything about level of filament. If challenges are ok with Tier 1, then Alpha players in Tech 1 cruisers should be getting some SP.

5 Likes

Instanced content in a sandbox.

Fail developers.

24 Likes

You can definitely do the lower tier filaments in a T1 cruiser as an alpha. Just be careful with any fits you find, as they might pre-date the Surgical Strike update and the resist to nerfs. So, you should probably err on the side of caution when it comes to tank. Anyway, check out Dad Dex’s videos on the subject to help you get started.

7 Likes

Did anyone check test server for tasks? What variations of tasks will apear?

1 Like

Since they don’t say what level filament’s this applies to I would assume that means all. In which case, yes, Alphas can easily do the lower tiers.

T1- You really have to try to fail these. Like go in with no weapons or drones kind of fail. I question if you even need reps tbh
T2- Gains more enemies. Still very doable by alphas.
T3- This where I say an alpha stands a chance at failing as you start seeing more dangerous effects like scramming and such as well as higher damage and more ships.
T4- Dangerous, you need to know what you’re doing and there’s still the a small possibility RNG can screw you. Alphas should avoid these unless in a Gila and even then…
T5- Anyone can die to bad rng spawns and there’s little you can do to prepare for when this happens. Get a few rooms of battleship spawns back to back and you simply wont make the the timer. Alphas stay away, you will simply die here.

10 Likes

Nothing on the test server. Probably just have to wait till it goes live on TQ.

2 Likes

I like it but since the lied to us and never brought back the suspect flag this is pretty impractical.

ye olde socket disconnect at the wrong time, power outage, internet outage, etc… still plenty of ways to die in tier 1s.

16 Likes

The devblog says:

“…accept increasingly deadly daily challenges where you will have to kill either Abyssal Drones, Drifters, Sleepers or Triglavians in Abyssal Deadspace for Skill Point rewards.”

I’m guessing there will be a kill 10 drones task, a kill 10 trigs task, a kill 10 sleepers task, and/or a kill 10 drifters task type thing going on?

5 Likes

That would be hard for alphas who can only run t1 to even find 10 triglavians, so I think it will be something like you get 500 sp for killing a triglavian and you get challenges depending on what tier you are in.

:red_circle: Since when do NPC kills count as Kills? Lame. Making it PVP kills would have added a much needed unique aspect.

We just had that. The vast majority of it on zKill looked like players blowing up their alts in T1 frigates. Did the PvP event promote a vibrant PvP ecosystem? Or just another type of farming.

17 Likes

:red_circle: Just another type of farming. But in Abyss space, both parties die. :joy:

But you are right, this stupid frigate farming was incredibly annoying. Zkill was flooded with these useless empty hulls, which made it impossible to look for fittings. Dumb crap. The event should at least require T2 fitting to count towards the rewards.

2 Likes

Nope. But, its still possible to travel thru the Proving Conduits and find 1v1’s (e.g., get hammered by bling fits and heads full of implants.)

3 Likes

Running T1 Exotics, I get the 3 damavik rooms all the time. Don’t think it would be too hard to get 10 trig kills after running a few tier 1s.

4 Likes

Stop bribing players with free SP. Make the game enjoyable and we dont need the SP. Its like drug addict’s: even if they have nothing you giving them free SP or money they will jump at it but the CORE of the issue is never fixed. Eve is unbalanced. How is making ships that be 6x the dps as other in their own class fair? How id tricking everyone into caps 1 year ok and then nerf them into oblivion the next fair and then sell it all with FREE sp? Where are big Hordes/sanctum level sites for supers and titans? Why can you make sites that require 3 supers and a fax or 2 to finish with rewards like a new ship to pvp in that you cant build but has a role that requires other ship roles to fully function making every ship class usefull in pve? NAH, just nerf titans and supers till they are fuctionally useless and cant be pve’ed in and the only income is battle ship ratting.

When the Covid 19 lock down end’s the player count will drop 50% so >_>.

13 Likes

So you nerf the hell out of Abyssal ships and then want people to go into the Abyss, eh? Especially since the amount of sp rewarded will be paltry if past performance is any indicator…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The only people who will fall for that are people who don’t know any better!

Kinda like when you lured alpha noobs into thinking they could do that Gurista Hunt thing successfully! Oh, the wrecks I saw of those poor noobs who found out the bitter truth the hard way!!!

So much so I started thinking. “It’s a trap!!!” Maybe a bit of social engineering since apparently there’s a theory that dying hard and fast as a noob increases retention. Is that what you were up to?

8 Likes