You mean like @Steve_Ronuken?

4 Likes

nice to see ccp engaging on the forums.

1 Like

Gratz KB, IRL success!
SD ty for your service.
CCP keep up the great work.
CSM thank you for your time.
Players you are the best community in gaming, keep kicking ass and taking names.
o7

Iā€™m sorry but
he WAS the last person eliminated during ā€¦ AFTER re-analyzing the data DUE to Killa Bees RESIGNATION ā€¦ he was the NEXT CANDIDATE eligible to be on the council.
Itā€™s called PROOF READING - VERY important if your job requires relaying information.

NB; If English isnā€™t your first language, I apologise but do suggest you find someone to proof read for you.

1 Like

You are aware you just tried to use a single case to justify how he is wrong.

Hell even flat earthers have more made up evidence than that.

The CSM is a cancer on EvE, it removes any real customer service and they mostly act as CCPs mouth piece.

More could be done if they got rid of the CSM and hired a real customer services officer.

1 Like

Iā€™ll bet his Icelandic is far better than ours :upside_down_face::yellow_heart:

then we can open a localized thread in icelandic right? I dont appreciate grammar nazis but at the same time I can share the view.
If you need to read twice what someone posted from an official account because you cannot get it properly the first time it means either he did not check what he wrote or heā€™s not coveying what he has to state clearly - thats actually his role in that moment #blackout lol
this stated, as a general observation, if you go read Joyce its worse, and i still understood MrDopa so allā€™s good.

1 Like

I imagine it is but he isnā€™t posting on an Icelandic forum thread.

Some of the blogs and threads from CCP over the years have been like reading English as a second language, for those whose native tongue is English.
Sadly it is not always those for whom English is a second language to blame - I remember some posts from Fozzie (and others) that I had to read 3 or 4 times to understand.

1 Like

Maybe your reading comprehension isnā€™t up to par.

I canā€™t agree with you there as I know it is.

I actually grew up in an era when grammar and spelling were important.
I also taught literacy and numeracy in prisons for several years as part of my job.

1 Like

Eh, itā€™s just English. Half the U.S. canā€™t speak it properly according to the other half, and the Brits are baffled by what weā€™ve done to their language. Those of us who speak it natively are in the minority worldwide and need to lighten up about it. Iā€™m sorry that little mistake of his set you off.

1 Like

ASK me next time. I will happily sit providing I am given a TITAN and a wormhole route to highsecā€¦CSM members do get given their own titans donā€™t theyā€¦[Note I said a wormhole route not a cavedigger or excavator route, Iā€™ll use meh sweet leopard to escape to non trig-camped space I hope. Yes, I 50/50 read a book and clicked though shouldnā€™t say it as you, no doubt, will be unlucky(pass through). Congrats to Sort Dragon and I assume congrats to Killah Beeā€¦I have been away a few years; readers/commenters didnt notice me then, donā€™t notice me nowā€¦yeahhhhhh, not a problemā€¦] and NOooooo, whats a wormholeā€¦ive read about them and live nowhere near themā€¦my homes near Bertie(personal slang for system)

As i said, it wasnā€™t just this one poorly written post.
This has been going on for years, thread after thread where for the most part a 12 year old with a half decent education could have done a better job.
Sadly you are right about one thing - The amount of illiterate or partially illiterate people in the English speaking world is well beyond a joke but as an international company of professionals I do hold CCP to higher standards than the average understaffed, underfunded school.

1 Like

ē¬¬äŗŒäø–恮英čŖžć‚¹ćƒ”ćƒ¼ć‚«ćƒ¼, a me ka poŹ»e i Ź»ike i nā Ź»Ålelo Ź»Ä“ aŹ»e, et les non-anglophones ne portent pas de jugement (viĆ° erum ekki svo fljĆ³t aĆ° dƦma.) :heart:

Party on, CCP! Carry on, Sgt. Ocker! /salute

Not surprising after his 15 SEP TIS appearance.

A lot of people voted for donald trump too. js

2 Likes

Maybe I should run for CSM next time - as the f*ck the CSM candidateā€¦

You are sooo wrong. If I went on to a forum for French speakers and screwed up the post with poor grammar, they would scream from the rooftops.

ā€œSecond generation English speakersā€ - Should have a better grasp on the English language, or at least accept criticism when they get it wrong - Itā€™s called ā€œlearningā€.
Most of the Japanese I know speak better English than most younger native speakers - They take pride in how they appear to others so put in the effort to get things right .

and those who know other languages - Generally donā€™t post things that arenā€™t correct. Most people ā€œwantā€ to learn other languages and so want to get it right - Not half ass it.

we are not so quick to judge - You obviously live in a very different world to most then.

Interesting though that you have furthered my original post by the way you responded - It is not hard to post in non native languages - If you take the time to get it right.
Thanks.,.

2 Likes

Please get off the grammer high horse. The purpose of any langauge is to convey information which they have done. I didnt need to read it twice or three times or how many you did to understand the message. Your just trying to make yourself look more elite then everyone else because you follow the rules when honestly who cares.

Edit: typos

Written language fails to convey information when itā€™s poorly written.

3 Likes