Killboard bombing is a broken mechanic and should be considered an exploit

Step 1. Drop a citadel in a wormhole
Step 2. Fill it with ships
Step 3. Deliver ships to player x
Step 4. Unanchor structure and since there is no asset safety, all of the ships delivered to player x drop into space
Step 5. Kill all the unpiloted ships.
Step 6. Get crazy amount of killmails on pilot x ruining their statistics for all time

This is broken. This should be considered an exploit. There is no counter, there is no way to stop it. This is an exploit and should be classified as such.

Edit: This also creates an abusrd amount of notifications. The player this happened to (not me) had to log out because he received 2000 kill notifications and 2000 insurance notifications essentially all on top of each other. Even disabling notifications didnt help as they all came in so fast there was a backlog that were still poping up.

4 Likes

Stop caring about kill board status.
There your problem is solved.

11 Likes

No counter to something nobody cares about !
Did you know there is no counter in the game against you logging in ? This is broken. This should be considered an exploit.

Lmao what kind of salty nerd goes through all of that trouble?
I’d wear it as a badge of pride to be honest.

Why are you so fascinated with your zkill stats?

killboards are an out of game thing that CCP has nothing to do with…

1 Like

Nobody could be lame enough to forum reeeeeeee about someone going to extraordinary effort to muddy up their zkill stats.

I feel like this is probably bait, and you’re just jealous nobody has done this to you yet.

2 Likes

This can be done even easier with the board my corvette button. Also who is your main op?

1 Like

Its really nice to see how even if you arent struggling with the same thing, you can empathize with other players… oh wait

1 Like

Not bait. But one of my corp members who this happened to basically feels like 10 years have gone down the drain now. Im so sorry im trying to help fix a bad situation. Way to be a decent human being (sarcasm)

1 Like

Yeah probably could. Doesnt change the fact its broke. This is my main

This is true. But having to log off because your receiving so many messages about you being killed does fall under CCP’s purview

TBH im not. Its a corp member who feels like the last 10 years of his game has been flushed down the toilet because of this. At the end of the day people care about numbers telling them they are good. Even if you and I dont buy into it we can respect the people that do. @Omnathious_Deninard this answers your comment as well

I appreciate your willingness to come here and contribute nothing but negativity. You sir should be proud of yourself.

Then why didn’t you mention anything about that in your post? You said it should not be allowed because it effects killboard stats. No where near the same things as too many notifications.

this is a good point. I added that to the post. Thank you for pointing this out.

Totally agree this should be considered like exploit.

“You may not do anything that interferes with the ability of other EVE Online subscribers to enjoy the game or web site in accordance with its rules. This includes, but is not limited to, making inappropriate use of any public channels within the game and/or intentionally creating excessive latency (lag) by dumping cargo containers, corpses or other items in the game world.”
Its not just a problem its already business. You can buy a 100 ventures only for 90mill and send it to killboard of your “enemy”…it’s not a game process…

How do you deliver ships, he has to accept contract, right ?

Why did he accept contract ?

Citadels have a “Delivery” function that is a one-way, no-confirmation transfer. They’re not using a contract.