Killing NPCs Dreadnought

Hi,

I was wondering what ships could kill a dreadnought assuming you have that ship 10 times. Would it be viable to fly 10x Damavik or 10x Nargal or is the chance you get killed by the Dread too high?
Any suggestion what would be a good method to kill those NPC Dread spawns with 10 ships?

1 Like

They do about 2,000 dps with very good tracking on top of the rest of the spawn, so if your repair strategy can handle that, you should be okay.

Dreads can be killed by a single ship, as far as I know, if your single ship is large enough. Never done it myself, but I imagine another Dread or Super could easily kill it.

Your question is if 10 ships can do it and you mention two frigates. I guess your intention is to kill the Dreadnought with many small ships instead of a single big one?

Are you limited by SP, do you want to multibox or have a group of newer players without access to capital ships that want to take down the Dread? Or are you trying to keep the costs down of your ships?

Either way, NPC dreads can be ECM jammed in my experience. A mix of 5 jamming Griffins with 5 dps frigates like torpedo bombers or your Triglavian frigates would probably stay alive and have enough dps to break the dread.

1 Like

I plan to box them. But I’m limited in SP. I usually run 10 accs with omega.
I’m not even close to running a Dread or Super myself^^ So therefore I’m looking for an option to kill it with small ships. I could go up to cruiser size but I thought incoming dmg wise I might be able to just avoid the damage in a frigate mostly. But I might also absolutely wrong with that assumption since I don’t have any experience fighting those NPC Dread spawn.

I could also field 10 Vedmarks. Should I just go for those or is the approach with Frigates better?

That is also an option, but you may still want to avoid getting shot by the dread.

A few Griffins with the right colour of ECM jams and afterburners orbiting the dread may allow your other ships to deal damage without getting shot at.

1 Like