L4 Burner fit advice - Anomic Team Hawk

Hi all,

UPDATE: It is possible to beat Anomic Team Hawk with a Wolf. Please see the post further down the thread: L4 Burner fit advice - Anomic Team Hawk

I’ve been trying this Wolf fit against the Anomic Team - Hawk L4 burner with no luck. I can’t seem to be able to break the tank of the first logi :(.

Any fitting advice? I’m trying to get the max DPS at a Kiting range (18km+).

Here is my current fit:

[Wolf - 20km kiting PvE no Tank]
[high]
280mm Howitzer Artillery II - Republic Fleet EMP S

[mid]
Tracking Computer II - Tracking Speed Script
5MN Y-T8 Microwarpdrive

[low]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Co-processor II

[rig]
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

It has the following DPS stats:
200 DPS
31 km falloff
9000m Optimal Range
Tracking: 163

I’ve tried orbiting at around 30km… if I get too close it starts to miss.

NOTE: I’ve seen the Garmur fit, but unfortunately my Rocket skills aren’t that great. I do have good turret skills though.

then go hookbill with LM and ECM. orbit the burner 20km, ECM one RR and kill the other one. Then kill the burner when ECMing the first RR.

What does the ECM do on the other RR do? Does it prevent them from repping?

Unfortunately my Light Missiles aren’t too great either.

UPDATE: Going to try a Gravimetric ECM on the wolf fit to see if that will negate the other repper and enable the DPS to be high enough.

Did it!

It took a long time but this fit is the best one so far. Fit can probably be improved substantially since CPU and Power Grid were not super tight.

[Wolf - Vengeance and Hawk Burner]
[high]
250mm Light Artillery Cannon II - Republic Fleet EMP S (janky I know)

[mid]
FZ-3a Enduring Gravimetric ECM
5MN Y-T8 Microwarpdrive

[low]
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Co-processor II

[rig]
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Instructions:

• Orbit Hawk at around 20km with Microwarpdrive on.
  • Reduce speed to around 1300 km/s. This will improve tracking.
  • Jam one of the RRs.
  • When the jamming is successful, OH guns and focus fire the other RR.
  • When one of the RRs is down, continue jamming the remaining RR and defeat the hawk.
  • Profit :).

ok that has worked with the hawk. :smiley: but remember that ecm is a biatch and can be be very painfull.

meanwhile train up your rocket / missileskills :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Agreed, it took quite a while to actually get him jammed. And it took multiple jammings to be able to take down the RR. The fit can probably be improved to increase jamming probability and also DPS.

It was fun to actually try and figure out the fit. Huge thanks to @Anderson_Geten for the tip to use ECM.

That’s why I told you to use a hookbill. You can use two or three ECM (not sure if cap will survive) , and a ecm mod in the low.
With enough strength, the RR will consistently go 100km away.

1 Like

Ah okay very interesting. I also don’t have great missile or Caldari frigate skills either, I decided early on to prioritize turret skills.

Hmm maybe I could find a different turret ship with more mid slots or maybe modify the Wolf fit to include some ECM low slots.

The Wolf is cap stable with its 1 jammer, MWD and turrets.

as you have noticed, the issue with turret ships is that at 20km you will miss much with small guns, since you need to be faster than the rat to not get shot.
no need high skills. Well actually you may do, because the rats have a tight sig, using painter and rigor is also mandatory in order to not spend more in missiles than you will gain (more important than BCU).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.