L4 Epic arcs. Single ship?

Where is the fun in efficiency?

where is the fun in inefficiency ?

Nice, sub 2s align into warp. I guess that’s in propulsion mode.

I’m thinking T3 Destroyers might work good for running level 3 Pirate Epic Arcs.

not allowed in some missions.

tried a few month agao.

1 Like

Some might laugh at this…

…Amarr Arma set as a missile/drone Tank boat.

Yes been doing Epics with this old T1 BS, there’s been a few close calls, but she keeps going.
The combo of drones/senties and 5 rapid heavy launchers(not grouped) seems to work. She’s a twin rep fit with very few other active modules.

The twin Gecko with 3 aug lights does wonders on targets, the rapid stream of missiles, as for reloading, i stagger the launchers so at worse only two are in reload mode for a few seconds, and normal at least one is loading.

One big bonus she’s a cheap ship, second highest drop cap and bandwidth, and is omni weapon fit, 5 turret, 5 launcher so and combo can be setup. Think my fit works out to be just over 1bil.

1 Like

Well that sux.

I did not do the total list fo what can and can’t. You can start, do a few missions, but after a while you are forbidden from taking the gate of the mission.

Hey all,

Sorry to sorta necro a thread but it seemed more appropriate than starting a fresh one. I’m coming off an extended EVE hiatus. I dusted off some ships and figured I’d roll through the epic arcs again.

Traditionally I’ve done them in a Maurader, either a Kronos or Paladin. Obviously these are fairly easy, though as others have noted somewhat slow largely due to their travel time.

I know the most famous of the Epic missioners loves his bling fit loki. And it does seem to be a popular ship. My question is whether anyone would be willing to share fitting ideas for a Loki?

I’ve flown the other 3 T3’s quite a bit but after all these years have realized I have never even fit up a loki, so I’m struggling a bit with the right mix.

Thanks in advance.
[edit]
Speaking of which @DeMichael_Crimson i was looking through old evemails and I actually have one from you from way back in 2013 with your old loki fit. unfortunately it was a photobucket image which is long gone, as are all my old fits. I would love to get an idea of what your current fit is like so I have some basis to build on.

1 Like

2013 was a long time ago. T3 subsystems have been changed since then so that fit wouldn’t be any good now.

I sent you an Eve Mail message with the T3 Loki fit I’m currently using for Epic Arcs.

1 Like

Any way I could get a cc of that email?:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m currently working on the Amarr Epic Arc using a Drone/blaster Proteus with slightly blingy 2 rep tank. (It’s the only T3 I can fly atm) I did switch to a sniper Dominix for 1 mission that has neuts

1 Like

OOO, that would be a fit I’d be interested in seeing as well. I’ve always been primarily a Gallente pilot, but I have only used the proteus for PVP.

If he wants to. I wouldn’t feel comfortable sharing the fit if it wasn’t posted here publicly. I would be happy to share my non-blingy fit based off of it.

1 Like

No, that’s fair and a credit to you…and yes, I wouldn’t mind seeing your fit if you are willing. DMC’s old Loki fit was the basis for my hanger queen Loki gathering dust Always interested to see other people’s ideas and concepts; several times I think “why didn’t I think of that?”

1 Like

Definitely. Especially with T3’s as the subsystem combinations are plentiful. Here it is with basically the big bling removed. I figured I’d take it back to as stock as possible and then see where I feel comfortable adding bling.

[Loki, Bling Combat Loki copy]

Republic Fleet Tracking Enhancer
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Co-Processor II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

10MN Afterburner II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Booster II

425mm AutoCannon II, Hail M
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Loki Core - Augmented Nuclear Reactor
Loki Offensive - Projectile Scoping Array
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Defense Node

Hobgoblin II x5

2 Likes

I’ll post the fit when I get home from work.

[Proteus]
True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Centii A-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
Reactive Armor Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Corelum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger

Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Proteus Core - Augmented Fusion Reactor
Proteus Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Proteus Offensive - Drone Synthesis Projector
Proteus Propulsion - Hyperspatial Optimization

Hobgoblin II x5
Praetor II x4
Acolyte II x5
Ogre II x4

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Null M x2095
Nanite Repair Paste x355
Void M x2710
Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB5 Dose II x1
Relic Analyzer II x1
Warp Scrambler II x1
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II x1
Data Analyzer II x1

I made this fit to use 200mm Rails so there is a bit more fitting room with the Blasters. To use the Covert reconfiguration i drop the cap recharger. DPS is 779 with Void and Ogres on the top end.

2 Likes

Well, I’m flattered to know my old Loki fit was the basis for your hanger queen now gathering dust.

:wink:

Anyway, I’m sure you can guess the reason I didn’t post the fit here in the forums … enemies.

But I think you’re cool so I’ll go ahead and forward the same Eve Mail message to you.

Thank you, I appreciate that very much. You are definitely an honorable Capsuleer.

By the way, you forgot to add 2x Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

2 Likes

I’ve always been told I’m too nice to play EVE :smile:

Didn’t forget. Embarrassingly with 150mil SP I realized I’ve never trained light missiles. Like at all.

Also without the bling the fit runs out of CPU. It is still a work in progress.

2 Likes

Well, dropping down to next size of AC’s or using Tech 1 Meta AB might give enough CPU.

Maybe not … probably need a clone with Hardwiring Implants.

Been running Cal. and Amarr Epics in one of two T1 Battleships.

Only invite others along for the social interaction and help them with standings/isk rewards.

1 Like