L4s in a Vedmak

I just want to see how you’re getting 1400 DPS in a Tengu, I’m at 900 DPS cold with Scourge Rage HAMs.

1 Like

Here you go dude, polarized, the picture below is from ingame simulator so add to it 5% for ROF implant, another 5% for damage implant, and 7 or 10 % booster, it will put you at just under or just over 1400 depending which combo you use. this is cold, without heat, then add heat on top of that. Actually, you might be able to hit 1400+ with just 1 implant and the 7% booster, not sure, I’d have to switch subs (accounts) or play with PYFA and am too lazy for that, you can do it though.

So if you overheat it I donoe what it will hit, 1550-1600 DPS total ? Around there ? If you have both ROF and dmg implant and the 10% booster and overheat it might even push over 1650. Not sure though.

Yes, its glassy but it reps like a mother while retaining 60%+ cap resistance even with stack penalty (2x battery and the subsystem) and remains perfectly stable. I used to run a ton of PvE in it and a couple variants thereof. Everything dies super fast. You can also go with MWD instead of AB but then you can only run 1 rep as a constant and the 2nd one has only like 3-4 minutes of cap stability, or alternatively go with an anciliary. You can also plug in a single XLSB instead of dual mediums, but then you have to up your PG to compensate so your application or raw DPS will go down a bit to about 1325-1350 ish. You can also play around with the defensive subs to get over 200 HP/s reps of off a pair of mediums but then you you’ll have less built in buffer and need an extra extender.

There are a coupel big threads on Polarized Tengus around, I suggest you check them out for details if you wanna give it a try. Polarized Tengus are not good for PvP for obvious reasons, but for PvE they’re oldies but goodies. There are a few other ships that can do polarized fits effectively as well, including a Phantasm in Tier 5 Abyss, there is a video or 2 of it floating around.

Also, please keep this thread for PvE Vedmaks.

Are there any details with regards to the Triglavian HAC and how that will fare or not yet ?

I haven’t heard any details on stats or anything. But considering the Vedmak is a Faction Cruiser, and it handles remarkably well and does a ton more damage than most Faction Cruisers would… the VedHAC should be just fine running L4s. Most HACs can be used on L4s, so I expect the VedHAC will leave them behind as the Vedmak has left behind ships like the NOmen and such.

I might actually go omega for 2-3 months just to mess around with the new Trig ships, we’ll see. Goin to wait on some feedback on them 1st.

You can get abyssal entropic radiant sinks dirt cheap. Or just buy a load of decayed multiplasmids (dirt cheap ones) and a pile of radiant sinks and make some yourself. I’ve done that myself a couple of times and got great results for my leshacks.

why all of the posted vedmak fits here have afterburners? why not microwarp drives instead of AB?
i thought MWD is a must for all abyssal fits, at least all of OMEN fits have MWD in it

Vedmak doesn’t have the MWD bloom redux that T2 ships have. The afterburner keeps your sig under control.

I cannot wait to get home so I can try out this fitting! Thank you for all the work. Quite inspirational. My current Vedmaks well, the only thing going well for them would be my new Vedmak skin. LOL

I still have to train a couple of skills to have everything at 5, but I’m feeling like a large skill booster is in order here soon.

It also explains why I cannot fit anything into them, as I have been trying to shoehorn 100mn afterburners into them. Oh well, please, cut me some slack. I only have just under 500 hours and around 50 million skill points into the game! LOL

Hopefully you’ve got your core skills to at least lvl4 or better, as these will fix most fitting issues.

That fit is good, but like all fits its down to if the player has skills to use it.

Update the new t2 assault frigate and heavy assault cruiser do gain a MWD bonus.

How are you able to do level 4’s in a cruiser?

I’m confused…

Certain pirate faction cruisers like the gila & vedmak or HACs or T3 Cruisers have much better tank and damage output potential as standard than the rest of the cruiser line with the right skills. They also have these powerful base capabilites amped with blingy mods and you’ve got a ship with the sig radius and speed of a cruiser that makes most rat shots miss along with tank and dps numbers somewhere in between those of battlecruisers and battleships.

Realistically L4s are out of the range of most cruisers but it’s these specific types with high-end skills and mods that push the boundaries a long way.

2 Likes

However, while true it’s worth noting that it’s by no means efficient. Spending a much on a proper battleship for a blingy cruiser should be tried solely if you want more challenge.

most DPS from L4s come from big battleship, with bad (very bad) tracking, so you can sig tank them easily. even a 10MN AB allows you to reduce the BS damage a lot, however the small fries may web you, which is very dangerous.
Then cruisers have like 30% less DPS than the BS. So you still need to apply more DPS, and since CR also have less projection (but better application) it may be tedious.

Ikitursa > Vedmak

The Ikitursa can do any lvl 4 without ever needing to change out hardeners plus 100% cap stable, the dps is amazing! in fact so amazing that all of my Marauders just sit in the hanger now… until they nerf it! at which point I most likely won’t be playing any more! if anything they should buff other HAC’s to match Tri’s

1 Like

Yip the Trig HAC is a beast, done a few lvl4 missions with it.

Though still love using the Leshak in lvl4 fleet missions. Have an omni role Leshak that helps keep the Rattles and other ships alive, and that cargo hull is s good size for salvaging and looting as you go.

But the Trig cruisers for sure are heaps of fun. Though you need to remember the turret limitations, once you have that sorted you good to go

1 Like

Trig HAC has with skill lvls a higher damage output, almost near the Leshaks, other than that, its the Assault Damage Control benefit.

If you can make a good fitted Vedmak, then you can make it better with the HAC.

care to ingame message me your fit so I can maybe decide if I should get rid of my marauder or not…

cheers

Considering the prices, I doodled up a rather blingy fit. It can hold its own in L4s, but I wouldn’t say it replaces Marauders…

60k EHP, 260 dps reps
1396 dps
53.4km range with scripted Mystic. Which is why I wouldn’t say it’s a replacement for my Paladin. You can’t just hang out around the MTU and pluck off targets in the distance. The Iki has to chase them down.

1 Like