Lack of Crimson Harvest Sites šŸŽƒ

I am talking about pre-triglavian time. Yes they were very lucrative, you could get attribute boosters as a reward - both loot and an event ā€œbattlepassā€. (I wonder why CCP stopped giving these out.) There was 1 site basically in every system in region and the difficulty was easy enough so I could do it as a fresh noob in a t1 thorax.

CCP dropped this design on a feedback from players as veteran players complained about lack of difficulty and wanted harder sites.

Except in the older event designs, this didnā€™t happen overmuch. A Marauder was overkill and people were doing sites in smaller faster ships and racing to grab the loot at the end. More frequent smaller sites with lesser drops led to more players involved.

This would probably work, as the current design (3 rooms, tough fights, tons of ECM, drone hate, and strong boss) totally favor the Marauder/T3C/wealthy vet players.

Multiboxing isnā€™t the issue. Event design that favors high-end ships with meta builds/implants to get big drops is the issue. CCP appears to think that will push players to ā€œget into the endgameā€ but actually it just means 3/4 of the players ignore the event and a relative few higher-end players farm the living heck out of it.

Which events do you mean?
For Crimson Harvest a Marauder always outperforms anything else because of the site design. Same goes for the Guardians Gala Event (they are basically working similar, just with different ships as opponentsā€¦). Winter Nexus drops arenā€™t very valuable, so most vets donā€™t bother to run these.

The Dr.Who Crossover had ship limitations and Marauders couldnā€™t be used. Same for the last one where you had to create those filaments (forgot the name, I missed that one).

Canā€™t really remember in which one smaller and faster ships would be used, but I had some years break in between.

Older event design such as the 2015/16 events (original Crimson Harvest, Purity of the Throne, Operation Frostline etc.). For reference on players reactions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3qe9ht/ccplease_keep_crimson_harvest_style_events_going/

I just quit Eve because of the lack of regular data and relic sites, making at best 30 million isk per day from though the average was 700k isk

As for the event sigs, there were stupid amounts of them in the systems i visited.
4 less subs for CCP because of lack of explorer content.

Thats how it looks where I do them, so the ā€œproblemā€ of not being able to find sites is mostly on those who try to find them around the populated areas. Go to the outskirts and space is full of them.

What makes you an authority on the subject?

There should be more sites.

Experience and skill of course. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of unclaimed event sites out there currently. Itā€™s your own fault if you donā€™t find them because you look in the wrong areas. Even doubling the amount of sites wouldnā€™t help you a bit, because those people currently farming them away where you canā€™t find them, would just farm double the amount of sites and you would still find none.

Jumped one system:

1 Like

You assume much.

And youā€™re still wrong.

woah, incredible adventure.

1 Like

There is not much to assume, itā€™s basic logic. If you complain about the lack of sites, but I can find more than I can even run, you are looking at the wrong areas. Hell, they even do respawn while doing them.

Ok, tell me the ONE system with ALL those spawnsā€¦

Iā€™m out of the loop. How much ISK can be made from a single Crimson Harvest site? And how long does it take to run? If theyā€™re super profitable, it would make sense that thereā€™s fewer of them in high sec and more in low sec.

Itā€™s a bit random. You get:

• NPC bounty: around 10-12M ISK (5M is the Boss alone)
  • Tokens that are worth 1M each, random amount, Iā€™d say 10-40 per site
  • loot drops that can be worthless or jackpots (Skillboosters for 70 million ISK)

I think I get somewhere around 40-50M per site on average and I need like 10 Minutes in a somewhat pimped T3 Cruiser. An optimized Marauder can do the site in like 7 minutes, but travels slower between the systems and also is a nice gankmagnet. A reasonable well fitted HAC needs 12-15min. Thats a pretty nice income for HighSec, but remember the sites are limited and you canā€™t chain them endlessly.

And of course those sites have a downside: You are almost constantly tackled in there by multiple opponents. Pointed, Scrambled, Webbed - in every pocket. If Gankers come in and want to blow up your Marauder, HAC, or T3C you have barely a chance to escape. And itā€™s a 90% pvp loot drop event, so they are pretty active right now, looking for Pinatasā€¦ even in systems where they are usually not. So, itā€™s lucrative but not without risk.

1 Like