Latest OsX Launcher (Aug 16th) won't run on 10.11.6

I tried to login a couple of hours ago, and watched a new launcher binary come in again but to my dismay this version won’t run.
“EVE Launcher cannot be opened because of a problem.”
“Check with the developer to make sure EVE Launcher works with this version of OS X”
I understand that CCP said they no longer support 10.11.6 “El Capitan” and although I have plenty of power to run EvE, it has been considered Obsolete by Apple and I cannot upgrade the OS any further.

MacPro (Before the Dustbin style came out).
2 x Quad Core Xeon’s @ 2.8Ghz
22 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870

Do I tip my cap and say goodbye to the only game I still enjoy or am I reading too much into this?

I’ve given up on playing EvE on my 2009 MacPro, although I could upgrade the OS to Mojave since I flashed my machine to be 5,1.
BUT I won’t do it because of various reasons (workhorse, peripherals, etc.).

I play EvE now on a laptop from the same era, which works fine for me (in potato-mode).

Since the Mac-Client isn’t even native but runs in/on WINE (which is also true for Linux), it doesn’t make any sense to use the Mac for playing EvE …

Depending on what you do in EvE, maybe a cheap Windows-machine is an option?
You could also try bootcamp …

o7

The latests build it looks like CCP forgot to bundle the 64bit wine executable. To be able to play in 32 bit mode before you click anything click settings and uncheck the default run in 64bit mode.

Multiple days and multiple posts without an update.

Still does not work for me, with or with out the 64bit.

Trash the lasted application. Download eve launcher 1456374…

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/26179/eve-online

Run the dmg to install into applications.

Every time you run the launcher it will re-download the latest binaries, after which you’ll see at the bottom…

1618828 [patch notes] | 1456374 | 6.2.12

After that you should be able to login. I am running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G22010)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.