Launcher broken, white screen

And the answer is:

That is not the only problem. Most of the people did not even get this message, including me.

The most useful option is just to scan the whole system immediately, which will scan and attempt to repair any files that are changed or corrupted.

Run this from a “Command Prompt (Admin)”:

sfc /scannow

Worked for me.

Run this from a “Command Prompt (Admin)”:

sfc /scannow

Nothing for me, same problem, white screen.

I got the Certificate Issue, but instead of just bypassing it, it broke my launcher… now all I get when I try to run it is:

EveErrorLog

Please read this thread for fix! Evelauncher.exe - System Error

I am using the windoze launcher on Linux and a little bit of reading gave me the certificate error. You cannot bypass the certification or you won’t have any channels to chat with or simply cannot log on.
The issue resolved itself for me after 15 minutes of trying.

No effect. Probably the main problem in launcher realization :frowning: Still have not answer from spport ticket… and no any official info. Wtf.

Yeah I would expect at least a short com to let us know what’s going on.

Nothing is working for me of all this fixes there are, and after 10 hours of trying my win is dead. And stimm no sign of CCP.

@EA_Leguard
That fix is not working for me

@Brankos_BasCelick

Did you try what worked for me?

I tried that and it’s working off course and everything is fine, no errors, and million other things, nothing worked. But now win is at the end because of all this reinstall… And all this time with all these different reinstallations I’ve done, every single program and game worked except this one. Still can’t get even to the white screen… And tried on one other comp too, same…

Common guys! This scan command fix files and directories structure only. But not results of code errors or new tech things in realization or any incompatibilities issues.

Yes, it really depends on the root cause. CCP isn’t very quick about offering help unfortunately.

the current workaround is to install the steam client and do not install update 1371204 when asked.
log in with your non steam credentials and you should have access to your account with the exception of client side data, ie bookmarks, overview settings, etc etc etc.

if you install update 1371204 on steam you will have the same white screen issue so every time you start the steam client make sure you cancel the update install at least until CCP fixes it.

Try to close Steam i’m sure it helps you

Not sure if you guys are experiencing the same error I had today, were my client (steam) would attempt to start the launcher, but it would simply crash mid launch.

a few things that I experienced:

• Starting the launcher either via steam or the launcher in the EVE folder resulted in the whole client crashing before allowing me to do anything.
  • Steam would say that the client was still running even though I had no processes left running.
  • Uninstallning and reinstallning the game would suggest that the EVE cache existed, even though it would have been removed using “run / %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE”
  • Problem with the launcher would continue after reinstalling EVE

How I solved this problem was perhaps very extreme, but this was no problem for me as I had very little installed on steam and nothing I was really using.

• Uninstall both EVE and Steam.
    -“run / %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE” and remove the whole CCP folder
  • Use the “regedit” to remove both all CCP/EVE and Valve entries

I tried a few different solutions before this one, but this solved it for me, I do advice against going into the registry editor if you are not familiar with it and its functions. So Before you take any action, do make sure you know what you’re doing, and never remove anything you’re not sure of!

This might not be the issue that most of you are facing, but thought I’d share my experience just incase this sounds familiar to someone.

Solution with old launcher
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/old-launcher-link-ccp-pls-turn-off-update-on-this-one-that-will-work-for-us-all-working-now/101493/8

Solved without old launcher. New launcher works,

Steps:

1. Deinstall launcher
  2. Update VC++ 2017 up to the latest version
  3. CLEAR REGISTRY FROM CCP TREE in current user
  4. Install new launcher

Back to the game and shame to CCP with their silence.