Launcher for EVE Online has stopped working

It was working this morning but not now. Do I need to reinstall the launcher? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks.

Just in case anyone else gets this issue, below is the ticket text I had with CCP to get it fixed –

Right-clicking on your computer in the Start menu (For windows 10 you can search for ‘This PC’ the right click)
Select Properties
Then select ‘Advanced System Settings’ link
Let me know if you are unable to see this image

Finally select Environment Variables (this is can be found at the bottom of the ‘Advanced’ tab ).
Let me know if you are unable to see this image

Now that we have that window up we need to add a new variable under the ‘System Variables’ section

Click on the ‘New’ button (see image above) and a new window should pop up asking for the name of the new variable.

Enter ‘QT_OPENGL’ in the name field, and ‘desktop’ in the value field (without the quotes).

Click Okay

Once this variable is added the launcher should run as normal and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

It didn’t work --------------------------------------

Since putting in Desktop did not work try replacing desktop with Software, if that does not work try replacing it with Angle.

That didn’t work either. So, I gave him a DirectX DxDiag report and he came back with the following -----

Your computer has two active graphic adapter. One of these can run EVE Online, the other can not. Let’s make sure your computer is selecting the correct adapter for running the game.

• Open your Nvidia Control Panel.
  • Select Manage 3D settings.
  • Choose the Program Settings tab.
  • Under ‘Select a program to customise’: Find Eve Online(eve.exe) in the drop down menu and select it.
  • Under ‘Select the preferred graphics processor for this program’: Select High-performance NVIDIA processor
  • Click ‘Apply’ at the bottom right corner of the window.

Then try running the game again.

------This time it worked :slight_smile: - so, if you have an Nvidia gfx card this may help you.

2 Likes