Launcher frequently updates

Hi community.
GM Peanut suggested that I post here.
Is the almost daily launcher update frequency normal?

I see 184 files downloaded often. EVE takes all my bandwidth when downloading the updates. I am on a slow wifi connection until I decide to go Alpha again.

Some extracts from the launcher logs:
2025-02-11 Downloaded 184 files (165,10 MiB)
2025-02-11 Downloaded 9 files (491,09 MiB)
2025-02-12 Downloaded 184 files (165,15 MiB
2025-02-12 Downloaded 3 files (14,43 MiB
2025-02-13 Downloaded 184 files (165,38 MiB
2025-02-13 Downloaded 5 files (51,67 MiB)
2025-02-20 Downloaded 184 files (165,85 MiB
2025-02-22 Downloaded 185 files (176,90 MiB)
2025-02-22 Downloaded 29 files (659,86 MiB
Thanks in advance. Landx

This is fairly common, yeah (at least it has been in my experience).

The launcher downloads between 165 MB to 172 MB almost every single day. And they won’t say why…

Even if it only did it every other day, over the course of a year, that is 30 GBs worth of launcher updates, which is larger than the entire game installation. That is ridiculous…

It is. I find I need to do a clean install at least once a year to reclaim most of that (removing unused files just doesn’t cut it).

I don’t see any reason to complain here. Please realize that we are comfortably living in the past with regard to an installation size of “only” 30GB, when games on steam require anywhere between 80-400GB per game.

It’s not the 30GB that’s an issue - it’s the +30GB of additional bloat (for a total of ~60GB) that’s the issue. Also, that 30GB+ install has taken a 50% or higher performance hit over the past 6 months - so it’s not like I’m really seeing anything extra for this extra space.

More bloat… less performance. And the new chat system sucks.

When I’m at home on my PC and unlimited internet connection, it’s an annoyance, but not really a problem. But when I’m in the middle of nowhere on a jobsite for weeks on a metered connection, it’s a problem.

Inb4 get a better job. :stuck_out_tongue:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Reply

They said I must complain if it happens daily.
So I post here.

14fps today… This represents a performance hit of another -10% over the weekend.

I know my system is older, but I was running 3x clients @ between 28-30fps just over 6 months ago (and at higher resolution). It’s like playing in jam.