Letter to CCP

Define “lots”.
When a ship and its modules cost 200millions, well, either you have that 200million or you just play to waste time and lose another crappy weak-ass ship with weak-ass modules. Not fun, not fun at all, and a game is supposed to be fun or it’s not a game.

Also additional to @Daichi_Yamato
I nearly never used t2 modules and rarely need to use t2 ships. Doing work effective fast as well as the "cheapest "way is the way I like it. I have used hundreds of bills for New players but I do enjoy flying T1 frigates most… while i see new players in fancy expensive ships that no way they could be accumulated enough knowledge and understanding to fly those ship/fits properely.

What is your criteria about being “GOOD” really ?

4 Likes

Making kills.

If you fly (1) only what you can afford to lose and (2) what you are capable of flying as a player (as opposed to a toon with skill levels) then this problem does not exist in the game, only in your expectations and ambitions. There are plenty of ways to make enough isk, although we may not agree upon what is “enough”. And most of them involve grinding.

… then you’re not a new player or doing it very wrong.

6 Likes

Is it that?
Geting kills?
Thats so easy. You dont need money. You dont need brain. Hell you dont even need any PVP understanding. All you need is head set … being able to fallow FC and join some low voltage doctrine fleets…they even provide ships free.

3 Likes

And for the new player who hasn’t yet joined a corporation?

Your issue is definitely trying to run before you can walk.

If you think you can’t have fun in ships worth less than 200mil then i don’t know what to tell you.

The vast majority of my pvp is done in ships worth less than 20mil and that’s as a 10 year old player. It’s your attitude that’s holding you back more than anything.

9 Likes

absolutely! you dont need to be in corp to do that . there is ancients , there is spectre. there are many groups does this kind of fleets and its all scheduled. they have bases and so many occations they provide ships for entrance lvl new players

3 Likes

That’s BS.

@Daichi_Yamato is right. And the answer you write there unacceptable and disrespectful. @Twijn_Sunz I will not hold a conversation further with you. we all would love to help new pilots and have decades of experience around that. IF you will answer with this quality I wont keep it up with this

5 Likes

Sorry but that’s the reality. The truth hurts.

Most players join up with others. Fly cheap whilst learning etc.

Very few players are successful at solo pvp. And even fewer of them started off solo. And even fewer started off solo whilst flying expensive ships.

You are the guy trying to ski up-hill.

8 Likes

@bluelysian @Daichi_Yamato @Ramona_McCandless @Wadiest_Yong

So I don’t need isk to play EVE?
That’s good news. I only need to pay Omega then. Awesome. No need to mine, rat or sell anything. EVE is paradise.
Thank you for the info. And there I thought I needed isk… silly me, lol
o7

@Daichi_Yamato Apologies.

You do need isk . But just like in real life if you do something for money that called WORK.
This is a video game. You DONT need isk to catch so many learning and experiencing oportunities. I have play this game the days had been far more harsher than today. I never prioritize or never give that much importance to ISK MAKING. I have focused on learning and experiencing and most important enjoying.
Isk came with knowledge experience and understanding. i never crack myself to make isk. i have learned to fly what i can access properely … 'my skill points acumulated actually far faster than i truly gain understanding about the mechanics.
There is no need to rush for skills no need to rush for isk… enyoj to be on the way…
this games mechanics are amazing , brain mingling and definately stimulating.
Enjoy and put your learning progress onto focus please

5 Likes

Strawmanning is a weak form of response.

You say that like there is no amount of isk between 0 and “hundreds of millions”.

You dont actually need to be Omega to make isk, so you can have Alphas who do various tasks to make isk while perfecting your up to 3 Omegas.

I think youve listened to far too many people who have told you “this is the only way to play” without actually exploring other possibilities.

3 Likes

i will give you an example:
The first weeks i begin to learn PVP i have been very interested that how people find targets in space… SO pretty much first time i get into heron was not because of find wormholes make exploration but it was straight for find ships with combat probing fast in low sec. I would like to be usefull … so i thought if im very fast on that i can contribute else than being hero tackle ect as alternative .

I get into heron hit to low sec . first i noticed drones wow ! 5 of hobgoblin ll like 2.5 mil. 2.5 mil also price for me to buy 5 pack t1 fitted tristan or merlin sets from the contracts

then i see a shuttle … it was just practice purpose for me and how much small stuff that much harder to find in a shorter time… of course i saw it as nice practice and i begin to scan it down. and it was hard! i find it and warp to… it was a leopard ! i didnt even know what leopard is. bookmark place dock back to station come with pod board it and dock it up to station then check the price …
FFS it was 100 mil isk ! me: omg omg…!. had been just standing there in safe spot…
that was enough for me to finance 200 ships !
later on i had find some afk people in safes and just some easy kills which not fun really but kill is kill you know :slight_smile:
please please work on your mindset .
another time i find a avatar! i have been in condor and alone I tackle him and begin to orbit and shoot…
im gonna kill him im gonna kill him :rofl: local was so fun… then his friend in machariel came and killed me …
I tear it down totally role play ■■■■ the mach pilot because of running my content… he sent me 50 mil isk… i told him I don’t want your isk I want my kill bla bla bla… lot of fun

You are missing something…
You are missing a looot of thing actually …

Being GOOD in EvE can be means very different things… Dont take it that much narrow

4 Likes

:rofl: Very funny, really it is.

But in fact you are silly. You should read and re-read the replies given to you by these forum members. They have played the game longer than you or I and know what they are talking about. You should take their advice to heart and thank them for their time explaining things to you. Attitude is all fine and dandy but it won’t help you in the game, their advice will.

Understood. Thank you.

Oh yes, I’m definitely walking. I’d even say I’m crawling, no hurry here.

Thank you for your advice.

6 Likes

I know this is a tangent, and my apologies to @bluelysian for replying to that post.
You probably won’t like to hear this @Twijn_Sunz but EvE is very unlike most other games. You’ve already experienced that “losses are real in Eve”, they are not replaced instantly, except for a blank clone. Eve forces you to live according to your income in the game or it will chew you up. Isk income more or less follows the curve of your skill points and your experience. Even then it won’t come effortlessly. And buying plex with cash is not the answer either unless you don’t mind losing ships for no good reason, have no time for any level of grinding and have a big, useless pile of cash you sit on. And yes, omega helps with it (alpha being the demo version of the game).

If anything, and this should guide it back to the original subject, your complaint (which is correct at a meta level) is really about NPE and the part where the introduction to the game should/could teach new players hands on how to create an income. Until CCP comes to grip with this, you’ll have to stick with what some of us are trying to convey to you. Or not. Your choice.

3 Likes

I see now how silly I’ve been. You are right, I should not take advice for granted under the guise that my point isn’t acknowledged. That’s stupid of me. Thank you for letting me know in reasonable manner.
I did exaggerate with the 200million amount. I see that a Catalyst is only 50mil, plus modules should run me around another 10mil. I guess that’s about 5-days grind or less with some luck, in hisec and considering my skills.
@bluelysian @Wadiest_Yong @Ramona_McCandless and @Daichi_Yamato I apologize for my attitude.
@Kellie_McCalamitie I will follow your example and @Daichi_Yamato advice of not running before I can walk.

I’m going to crawl too. I’ll think about walking if I have the time and running maybe next year when I have some idea of what the hell I’m doing.
True, there is no hurry at all.
@Kellie_McCalamitie You are one smart cookie. You helped me with that Chat Window yesterday and now you help me again. I’m humbled.
Thank you.

2 Likes

This seems absurd to me. My average ship value is less than ten million isk, including all components. If you think you need a ship worth hundreds of millions (or billions), you are wrong and the problem is your mindset (not the in-game economy).

2 Likes