Letters to the Carebears of code

2 Likes

TLDR.

At least whatever happened provided you with motivation to produce that essay.

2 Likes

StartErrorPrime - is that some sort of boot.ini thing?

3 Likes

StartErrorPrime - is that some sort of boot.ini thing?

Well it is a thread about code after all.

Boom-Boom.

I’ll see myself out.

3 Likes

CODE. always win !

Thank you James 315

Once he’s done mining all the asteroids, he will mine the moons.
Once he’s done mining all the moons, he will mine the planets.
And once he is done mining all the planets, he will be mining the stars.
And he will be the first one to do so and the only one being brave enough.
Hence the name: Starterror Prime.

Edit: unless I am mistaken and his name is not Star Terror, but Start Error… that would make a totally different story :wink:

6 Likes

10 Likes

Once he’s done failing at starting, he will fail at starting some more.

He will be the only one to fail at starting and the only one being brave enough.

Hence the name: Starterror Prime.

What?

1 Like

Code’s not producing much fun and infuriating bullshite lately. What’s going on? Maybe a Jim Jr. will arise and make Code kind of great again? (Goshdarnit, seems I didn’t save an image of my carefully sculpted James 315 Jr. portrait. Pretty convincing reasonable facsimile of Jim’s portrait. I had a lot of fun with that back in the day).

2 Likes

Because you’ve never actually undocked and traveled around in high sec space?

2 Likes

The majority of players never get ganked i reckon. Not really that much of an issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, no, no.

Didn’t you know that ganking is an epidemic of unwarranted and violent attacks on innocent merchants and hunters?
:smirk:

On that note I’ve died a couple of times on an old character, but I too, have never been suicide ganked.

1 Like

All i can do is preach the good word of truth and hope the needy listen my friend. Don’t be crestfallen in your mission, the darkest pits of stupidity are the places most in need of the light of the truth :margaritaparrot:

2 Likes

Alas the words of truth and hope oft fall on deaf ears; there’s none so deaf as those who will not hear.

Wilful ignorance or intentional stupidity are good descriptors for the behaviour of some.

1 Like

As I said earlier, you need to undock and travel around in High Sec space. Traveling on Autopilot helps a lot.

I’ve been playing this game for over 9 years and in that time I’ve had over a dozen suicide gank attempts made on my ships, some of those attempts were done by 2 or more attackers at the same time, all of them failed.

Now I wasn’t in any Industrial ships. I was in combat ships fit for PvE and after questioning some of the would be gankers as to why they attacked, their reply was that they were bored.

Maybe there’s another hidden reason why they did it but taking their reply at face value really says a lot. Course I’m sure they could easily find engaging content in Low sec space but hey, that would mean actually doing PvP against other like minded players with ships that are fit and ready to engage.

1 Like

Internet is cool. I found an image of my old Jim 315 Jr. char. That guy got accused of a lot of sacrilege, blasphemy and heresy around Uedama.

2 Likes

I swear to the Almighty Lord and Saviour James 315, morals are just flying out the windows these days. What is it with miners’ propensity to constantly make crappy posts? Do you really think it’s funny when an innocent newbies eyes get molested by such shameful marks of pedantry?

My son just came to me crying because these posts confused the poor boy. Maybe I’m a poor parent and just haven’t exposed him to enough things over the past 32 years of his life, but I still lay much of the responsibility on the producers of content and comments here: the miners themselves.

Now, I’m sure you’re all plenty nice person outside of this context - and it’s true, most of us make off-color posts - but sometimes it just crosses the line. This is one of those times.

So, as I said, even though you’re probably decent people otherwise, out of pure principle and my love for the children, I grant you all this most sincere downvote. I can only hope that you learn from this and become a better person for it. I wish you all the best.

5 Likes

You’ve never been ganked either have you?

So, does the same conclusion apply?

Stopped reading at this point.

1 Like

almost spat out my tea reading this :smiley: