Level 4 mission agent giving level 1 missions?

1 Like

Nothing I can see indicates that, that is a level 1 mission. And this mission name is found for ALL 5 levels. Similar to the Extravaganza missions.

This is a L1 mission agent. Or is it? :thinking:

What the hell? That looks hell of a lot broken. I checked another L4 agent and it shows L4 in all 3 fields. CCP’s database work has some unforeseen results.

The LP reward and the ISK reward clearly show this is a L1 mission (or L2 if you are generous). The L4 version of this mission gives you around 10k LP and 5M ISK.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s really broken. I ran an entire evening of level 4s for him last night but when I logged in and ran this morning he only gave me level 1s. I had just declined a l4 against amarr faction, but since then I’ve just been given level 1s. Maybe he really doesn’t like me for declining haha.

3 Likes

Please make sure to bug report the agents when you see this, so CCP has logs of it continuing to be an issue - this has been going on erratically since the Phoenix quadrant started at least. It seems sometimes individual agents shift in and out of alignment with their reported level during downtime processes - one day they are fine, the next they are bugged, and the day after they are back to normal. If it doesn’t get reported day-of-issue to CCP, they may not be able to find the date the data was wonky to track back the cause.

3 Likes

Yes I have submitted a bug report, the only information I missed was the details of the L4 mission I had last night which I declined and then was just given level 1 missions. I hope its back to normal soon as he is one of only two L4 security agents in highsec for that corp.

1 Like

You know, after all the dynamic distributions for ore, ice, gas and the dynamic bounty system, I’m not surprised that CCP would have implemented their RNG on missions :laughing: :+1:

2 Likes

seems broken to me, my alt is in that station and I don’t have the standing for l4 thukker agents on that character but he offered me a mission.

1 Like

Times like these, it is very hard to give CCP the benefit of the doubt.

2 Likes

It is definitely broken at that reward level. Can confirm Edrei is a Level 4 Agent, was running missions for him okay on Sunday for proper rewards

1 Like

Looks like this has been fixed

3 Likes

11/19 patch notes:

• Fixed an issue which in rare cases caused mission agents to act as lvl 1 agents, despite being a higher level agent in reality.

Please make sure to report any new instances of this if it happens again, since CCP thinks they fixed it.

They did fix it.

It wasn’t a universal issue that was always occurring, so it is entirely possible that it is not fixed. It wouldn’t be the first time CCP thought a bug was fixed and they got part of it, but not all of it.

Edit: this isn’t the only agent that has had issues since this bug started, so just because this agent is fixed doesn’t guarantee the triggering bug is fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.