Level 5 missions isk an hour?

A golem works well solo you need to get used to the environment tho there are fighters which can deal quite a bit of dmg in some missions or heavy neuting

It’s amazing you say that. I’ve just started flying a Golem. A bit more experimentation and I’ll give it a go.

This is 100% incorrect. It actually used to say 1b+/hr on that website and then they changed it. I’m not sure why. Maybe the author started doing level 5s and wanted to hide their value.

I’ve been doing them about 6 months now. In the beginning, when I sucked, I made 4-500 mil/hr. Now that I do them like a boss, 700-1b/hr is what I’m averaging. Yesterday I got a HG Snake Omega drop from Wyrmslayer. A 1.3 bil(ish) drop from a 10 minute mission!

I use Thanatos and Rattlesnake, 3 of each so I don’t have to jump gates with them.

Drops are not included in the isk/hour. Only bounties, mission completion rewards, and lp.

That said…isk/hour for lvl 5s is closer to 700m-1.2bill for blitzing.

1 Like

No disagreement here m8

F***. I must be doing them very wrong.

I get nowhere near that.

Blitzing leads to less bounties, but faster LP gain, however LP isn’t directly ISK. It has to be converted through the LP store and market.

Conversely, gaining more in bounties leads to additional fighter losses, which are hard to avoid completely.

Getting nowhere near 700 mill even with separate mission accepting characters.

Are you using faction pullers?

and

Are you completing the missions in under 5-10 minutes?

Where is the best place to run Level 5 Missions? Asking for a friend

I checked the killboard of Uphallant and saw a couple of dead carriers… is it possible to do L5 missions without ending up like this?

Running missions while being hunted seems like a bad idea, especially when it is within jump range of pirate alliances.

You have to figure that part out on your own. :grinning:

I can tell you this simply is not an issue if you’re smart. Most of the time the systems I go to are empty. Yes you heard me right, empty. When they aren’t empty they’re filled with a limited variety of people. Mostly I see other people doing level 5s–familiar faces–sometimes I see explorers, and passerby’s. I always check killboards and use a local scanning tool and I can determine who’s who and why they’re there from various context clues. I D-scan every time it’s off cooldown and never forget; ever. Everyone I see gets standing set, and I do not fly the carriers tired, or distracted.

On top of all of this I use a combination of the mid grade nomad set with WS-18, agility rigs with 1 hyperspatial, and a skirmish command booster with the alignment charges loaded so my align time is under 13 seconds warp speed around 2.5. My Thanny warps sideways, it’s awesome.

The missions I choose to accept have less than 2-3 minutes spent on grid. I can literally sneak in a level 5 right under a nearby roaming fleet’s nose. The only mission I accept that takes longer than 5 minutes is Rogue Spy part 1, which I do in a Rattlesnake. That mission has a gate and upon landing inside you have a cushion of 100km between the beacon and where you have to be for the rats to spawn. I just enjoy that mission and it feels 100% safe to me because of multiple layers of buffer between me and the badies. Cozy af.

Lastly I have insta docks at the stations, and tend to use station’s with extra large docking rings. I undock and set the station as my destination, pop the skirmish boost, warp to the mission, align back in under 13 seconds, complete the mission, warp to the insta dock, activate autopilot mid warp and my ship docks before coming out of invuln from warp.

I will admit that there are times you just can’t do level 5s. Sometimes things are going on, or theres a bad guy around. The guys that are after you usually stand out like a sore thumb. When this happens. I’ll just do something else. The people that get killed are the ones who don’t see the signs, and don’t stop when they should.

Edit: One more comment on the kills you posted. What do they both have in common? SC. Follow the t3. This guy: Lloyd Augorson | Character | zKillboard This is who you watch out for.

Edit: And this guy Neloth Anthar | Character | zKillboard

7 Likes

Are there L5 SL missions? And if so, is their faction boost commensurately more than say a L4 SL mission?

And I don’t just mean the Materials for War mission… like couriers and encounters as well?

There are only two that I know of: Materials for War and Vermin Extermination. I think there used to be more but they were removed from the game. The guides for them are still out there but they say “removed from the game” right in them.

Vermin Extermination is kind of like a dedspace boss. You warp in and you get webbed to ■■■■ and you have to snipe out a structure. It takes forever but you rarely get this mission. This is probably the most dangerous level 5 because you get webbed as soon as you come out of warp and it takes like 10-15 minutes even with a snake.

As for the standing increase, I think it might be the same as level 4s, I’m not sure. It’s been some time since I’ve grinded level 4s. Each story-line from L5s gives +.25 and each regular decline gives -.001. You also get an improved implant or occasionally a mindlink implant.

1 Like

Also note that SC is dropping ~30b odd worth of BLOPS and a FAX to kill ~1.5b-2.5b Carriers.

Speaking as one who has done a little lvl 5 missioneer hunting in my time: Catching a lvl 5 carrier is HARD. VERY HARD! If the missioneer has their wits about them and is playing sensibly, they’ll be aligned (or very close to aligned) back to their bolthole station well before I land my tackler.

Those mission rooms hit very, very hard on a T3 that’s sitting still with a cyno blazing.

Be smart, be sensible and you shouldn’t ever get caught in one. I have friends who regularly run lvl 5s and the ISK/Hour is some of the best in the game. The ISK:Risk is actually far LOWER than running C5 wormhole combat sites and your carrier isn’t stuck in siege like a Drifter Blap dread.

2 Likes

Probably even more than that now that they’re fielding Marshalls.

probably. I just ran with a very conservative ~2b/BLOPS.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies! so I assume that L5 missions are the source of income for these pirate alliances since they are dropping 30b worth of blops and marshalls on people?

1 Like

Exactly killing the competition so they can do the missions themselves instead in complete safety

1 Like

Now you’re getting it. It’s their biggest source of power. People doing lvl5s effects the LP store so they kill carriers to maintain their livelihood (and for fun). They also go so far as to spread disinformation which can be witnessed in this very thread.

edit: I know this sounds counter intuitive to my central point which is that level 5s are doable despite this, so I guess I’ll add this: they can’t be everywhere at once.

Sounds like a violation of the TOS. Shouldn’t be any externally-logged data from local channel available for a legitimate scanner to help with.

1 Like

you can select all the names in local then copy/paste it into a third party program. I think pirates little helper used to just watch the clipboard so you just had to select all and copy. I don’t know if that’s still maintained or not, or what tools are out there. But they don’t have to read data from the client or log server, so I believe they are allowed.

2 Likes