Life After Abyssal Space

I’ll try to remember that post next time someone claims code is being unfair. That’s solid advise and if people don’t want to learn from it, it’s solely their fault

That’s a great idea, but they’d need to reassess rewards even then.

1 Like

Does anyone else just want to go exploring without the stupid timer? I feel there’s an incredible opportunity being missed here for explorers.

1 Like

eating a blue donut

Exploration could use a very generous overhaul. Maybe Abyssal Deadspace offers opportunities to develop into that direction. With or without timer, not sure, but there needs to be some risk, preferably by other players.

1 Like

Oh yeah those things really suck. I had a similar experience with an unreliable internet connection a while back and it just kills big parts of the game right away if you have to risk losing control at any time.

I’m using the Linux client which works similar as it is basically the same thing, a native launcher which uses wine to launch the windows client. I know other than Linux, OSX is supported so you should not have to do this, but it should be possible to specify custom wine versions which may or may not yield better results. But maybe you already tried that.

What is in future for development? Project Nova and other games I suppose. :woman_shrugging:

Maybe something for EVE in spare time.

1 Like

Highly depends of where you live, and with who. If you’re a guy ratting in Supercarriers / Titans deep inside Goon/Test alliance space, yeah, you’re virtually playing without risk (and you just have to activate a Cyno and boom, you have a defense fleet). But if you’re playing like the guys of E.B.O.L.A. that are a single alliance against all the others holding Great Wildlands, the risk is way more present, as you can’t even eat in a VNI without the fear of whatever hot drop coming on you. That’s how I think null is fun and risky.

Seasonal changes to regions. Null “weather”. Finite resources. Finite bounties. EVE more real.

No they aren’t. Just because you don’t want to take a risk (and because you choose to cling to hi sec where suspect status matters) doesn’t mean anything, 4s and 5s will still be profitable and plenty of people will be doing them. Its nothing at all like FoBs and Resource wars.

I have yet to lose my Chaotic running Gila and even if I did i’ve made way more than the 370 mil I paid for it , It doesn’t take billions to run level 4 sites.

2 Likes

At least ammunition will have to be replenished if the ships are used, destroyed ships and modules replaced, blueprint copies obtained. Materials for it are in Abyss. It will be content that will be run for profit I can imagine.

1 Like

For the people complaining about how level 1s-3s will soon be worthless (and the other issues raised here), your problem isn’t abyssal space.

It is (as usual) that high sec is so safe that content such as this CAN’T be made to be profitable.

In null sec (the space some so ignorantly call “safe”), people running the abyss are at risk. Observe:

A small sample just from my own coalition in my own region. ALL of them had run sub level 4 pockets that would have been completely safe in high sec. One of them even did so in a ‘safe’ well populated system with a home D fleet ready to respond.

You high sec people cried foul when you thought all abyss usage would lead to suspect timers. Ironically, if they all did, fewer people in high sec would be farming them and YOUR LOOT might be worth something.

Its not the 1st time we’ve witness high sec players being short sighted about a new feature, but still funny none the less.

2 Likes

I hope there will be many more abyssal spaces with new rewards, ships, and for other ship types, also mission and exploration pockets could also be upgraded to that (not dungeons but environment look, camera and pocket size limitations and ofc randomness)

1 Like

That’s what happens when developers start to spend time on instanced PVE content. Just couple days and players already ask for more.

3 Likes

Yep, I think that is accurate. I stated that level 1s-3s will soon be worthless and that absolutetly has to do with the safety of Highsec farming. Alas, no whining from me. Before launch I was a strong proponent of giving the suspect timer to people running any tier and/or outright exclude Highsec from running tier4/tier5.

Right now we are still in the new and exciting phase. I am sure you know very well, what that can do to prices and how that necessarily will come to an end simply because of competition.

My statement didn’t refer to the safe farming alone though. After the prizes necessarily go down, so people won’t be able to make extreme profits from being amongst the first to sell Trig Ships, Mutaplasmid X or Filament Y, the loot that drops will be revualated according to their use to players. It’s not something that happens from one day to the other, but certainly a process that is always happening. While there could be boomerang movements, I am pretty sure that longterm stable prices for Trig ships will be lower than they are now.

We have two categories of loot in those sites. For everything related to Triglavian ships there will be high demand for the forseeable future. Most of all, Isogen-10 because that is really the bottleneck at this point. Since the chances for it to drop are much greater in Tier4/Tier5, those are the better, if not the only choice. Lower Tiers - my opinion - will become increasingly worthless and that is not even a bad thing. If the mechanic pushes people to push themselves out of their comfort zone, that’s good.

The other category is the group of Mutaplasmids, which I think are currently dropping in such little amounts that they could not fulfill a meaningful role for more than very few players. We’ve done all the mathematical modeling before the launch and I don’t see what has changed about that, but I could have easily overlooked something there. So please tell me, if there is anything new to add to these calculations.

1 Like

I will focus on “second hand” activities as long as it is popular. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Jenn_aSide
right … so this 3 guys have no friends?
if you are in null you should have friends there … they can tell you “hey there are 5 (6, 7, 8, …) neuts in system” and you can ask for "wait for me at the exit … yes/no?
not sure if right but i think it was 1000km of a citadel or station … how far were this guys of a citadel with friends?

question: if this the look from 1 (one) abyss site?
could be but if not why didnt they drop off the stuff in a citadel/station?

i really dont understand why we get a suspect timer when returning from abyss site 4 & 5 … concord wasnts us to go there but when we return we get suspect? really? sounds wired … if i am ask for something to do … something total legal and i get suspect for that …

JuuR

2 Likes

@Arthur_Aihaken

you really asking “whats next” after one week?
what have you done befor abyss? you could go on with that if it was more fun … maybe abyss is not for you … its not for everyone …
its really funny … CCP and we all in the forums are not responsible for what you do in EVE … lol … so what you really want?

i guess it will be like that:
some will run this sites and sell the stuff or use it to make things to sell … like running lvl4 missions
some will buy some will use some not … like any other faction stuff

so … if you dont like it or its just not that funny as you though … do something else
if you leave EVE … can i have your stuff?

JuuR

Not sure why you think so, because the official reason for becoming suspect is that CONCORD disagrees with you going there. It is meant as a deterrent. They lack the ability/manpower to keep people from entering, and hope that the suspect state - at least - reduces the impact of whatever it is they actually have a problem with.

What a trainwreck of a paragraph. :blush:

@Solstice_Projekt
yea i know on the other site concord wants us to go to the abyss sites to explore the stuff but only to lvl1 to 3 … quite funny but ok

ROFL right

JuuR

There is no “Concord disagrees with you aspect of becoming suspect.”

You committed a criminal act that Concord has alerted everyone else. Only a criminal with a mental health issue would reason that their illegal activity should warrant discussion to find meaningful relevance.

Its the same as the Flat Earth trying to be relevant in saying that the Earth is flat.