[Lifeblood] Changes to The Agency user interface

This game, while I was here - 4 years, has never received good UI changes. Last changes with probe scanner window - worse than before, map - worse than before, The Agency - is something new and gueas what? already being changed.
New agency event only shows that UI is a mess, we have another checkbox to click…
If this new interface merge some of the infamous EvE UI tabs with map for better visualisation then I vote for it. This is not game breaker, its the same information that can be found on Dotlan. Other thing is how map is working now but this is a story for another thread to be salty in.

We need huge UI revamp, this is first thing new players are encounter with and it’s repulsing.

1 Like

Having had a look at this and a bit of a think I don’t agree with this showing anomalies and signatures, the very definition of those sites is exploration … as in go out and find them.

Having them handed to you like this is not right.

1 Like

It has been stated that it will not show them when you are even 1 jump away, read the other posts, CCP clarified that

If that was the case then the Dev Blog would be changed to reflect it. Obviously it hasn’t been changed.

Guess that LiF Dev was indeed correct. I already explained the meaning of my statement while you on the other hand completely ignored my question to you.

I think the sole fact that it eliminates the need to pop open the Journal, click Expedition, right click the one you want to do, Set Destination, Open map is more than enough, but you yourself keep dodging it because you still did not properly manage to answer how Escalations are a thing related with Exploration since it is something you know where it is and all you have to do is warp there.

Oh wait, maybe that is why you avoid telling me, because that is all there is to it. A known Location, nothing to do with Exploration unlike the unknown mysteries of signatures or anomalies.

Again you ignore my question, just exactly how many active Expeditions do you have in your journal at any given time that merits the necessity of including that info in another UI window?

Expeditions are rare and only last for 24 hours. They are only gained when an Exploration combat site escalates upon completion.

You want to have the new UI window show Expeditions, fine. That means you’ll have to click that window open, then right click on the expedition and set destination. Then depending on the route you may even have to also open up the map to make route changes.

The only possible difference between that and the current way of selecting expeditions is at most maybe the removal of one mouse click for selecting the ‘Expedition’ tab. Course if that tab was already previously selected it will automatically show whenever the journal is opened.

So once again I ask you, just exactly how many active Expeditions do you have in your journal at any given time that merits the necessity of including that info in another UI window?

Dude, its not about how many, its about the utility of showing it straight away on the map, just get it on your head already.

So I’ve tried to read through everything…

@CCP_Claymore - it appears to me that what you guys are trying to do is recreate the journal with some new features. . . one of them being bloat. Could you just redevelop the journal window and add in a better list of information. Merge in People and places, agent finder etc into the journal window…

The journal would then be the location we to find stuff. And then we need the ability to turn on or off the map. And some abilities to unattached things from the journal - like places - as I would like to keep that out so I can find my bookmarks faster.

3 Likes

Very well said and I agree 100%.

Man, man, man, players already using updated version of this table.

By https://english.eve-guides.fr

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s a necessity, but I would say it would be much neater to have that information pop up in the one place. As long as the Agency window doesn’t become too cluttered, having it act as a kind of content HUD is a good idea. I think it would need some kind of drop down filter (or simply hover over the content type and it highlights only those entries).

The advantages would be a neater, more slick interface. This would also have the advantage of simplifying the code and support of it (maintain one UI instead of several). Moving legacy UI stuff into one more accessible window would have many benefits.

I think incrementally migrating any older features such as the expeditions tab into the same UI is simply common sense.

I’m glad CCP clarified that Sigs and anoms wouldn’t be included, although it might be nice to have those you’ve scanned down show up if you hover over the system in map. I’m thinking of situations where I’m DED hunting in a gila and find DED 1/10 or 2/10’s that I can’t get into. It would be nice to be able to share the location with newer corpies and guide them to content.

1 Like

Because it’s easier to start with blank slate and pull in functionality from stuff that’s using old code nobody wants to mess with. You have control because docs or no docs, somebody has, I would hope, decent picture of how they want this to turn up. Of course this can end up being another PI. But who plans to fail?

In the end it can be renamed to Journal, tbh Agency is bit meh name.

I do agree however that it shouldn’t have map integrated but rather work like scanning/solar system map. One can chose to have scanning window docked or in separate window. So Agency should in the end be a dock for map.

2 Likes

I’d agree with this, it should be a journal that shows up all the events available to you, whether they are Agency, Expeditions, Missions, Anomalies you’ve previously scanned etc etc. Anomalies shouldn’t disappear when they despawn though, but rather they should stay in your Journal HUD until you warp back into that system. Got to make explorers work for their ISK…

2 Likes

I don’t care if they start over from scratch. I just want the window to fit into the rest of EVE. I can’t afford 900 60” 5k monitors and like the 70 GPUs to run them all just so I can have my spreadsheets in space give me a little room to spin my ships in station.

I think I have said or others have said - NO TO THE BLOAT/Redundancies

1 Like

On this point I would like to see the journal as a floating onscreen icon, allowing it to be positioned wherever you prefer.

Mousing over would open it up in at-a-glance mode for quick reference. Clicking the icon would open up in interactive mode. Easy to access, easy to dismiss, only a small icon to worry about positioning.

1 Like

hyperbole is not helpful. If there is a real issue you don’t need to over do it like that. To prove it I just loaded it up on a tablet. while astatically the bloat is awful there is no technical or practical issue

Possible to get the Wallpaper of the Character Selection background? (Singularity)

1 Like

Wow Agency is now really cool and helpful, it’s changes everything for newbies (and not only), but it should be always wisible to access and newcomers should know that Agency = fun finder. Just word “Agency” dosn’t say anything to new players, and it’s feature most profiting to them and like game changing.

Also i think EVE should go further with UI beying more user friendly. Agency, ghost fitting, new production/processing window are great. EVE have too much buttons on left side, and they say nothing for newbies, there should be as small as is possible number of icons. But i think You guys from CCP know it :slight_smile: Hope rest of icons, windows etc will be merged and simplefield asap so instead of 50 buttons/menus there will be much much less of them, like merginfg wallet and assets into market etc

1 Like

Some good points here: “The Agency” is not a descriptive name, being used in the EVE menu alongside many descriptive function-related names, like “Map” and “Ship Tree.”

New players might find it more easily if it were called "EVE Activity Finder [or Explorer] " - (borrowing some familiar terminology from Mac or Windows OS).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.