[Lifeblood] Pirate Forward Operating Bases (Guristas, Blood Raiders)

Didn’t someone solo one on SiSi yesterday? In a Paladin.

it was guristas one not blood raider.

Not in a group setting. Logi can always counter nuets but things get scary when logi gets jammed.

Depending on exactly how they are balanced ofc.

I am a little sad they said no to them warping in capitals :confused:

Well. My golem could tank them until they neuted me out.
Spend some ISK and you can make their damage very small. Biggest issue is on the blood raiders the nuets. It is cool that they seem to have warpable pingd for the rats around the FOB. So they don’t slow boat to you and die.

So I am wondering if a fleet comp should be enough ships to hit the damage cap on the structure 5k dps with a support fleet to kill the smaller crap. 10-20 people should be do able.

Something that might be an issue. When the rats warped about. Once they landed in lock range they could start up a lock right away. While I would be denied locking for like 10 seconds.

Why would you think this. Look at the current mechanics of Incursions. They are not run by the locals.

• 50% reduced NPC Bounty

• Reduced Damage

• Reduced Defences

Players impacted by Incursions move to a new constellation. Their behavior will change for this new content? I do not see it happening.

The alternative is Incursion Communities switching over. Again why would they. The currently Incursion sites are run with a precise dictum and known result. So skipping the carrot, that means a stick. Nerfing Incursions - often asked for always refused.

In a lot of ways, the player behavior should look at changing. Incursions had their mechanic and such, but once you know what you are doing they are a rather easy thing to farm.

These FOBs should build up so that players can’t just go and AFK mine all day in HS, but more move them and encourage them to go out and attack the NPCs. If this means that we can go and hunt the rats around the system(s) that the FOB is in, and it would weaken the defenses of the FOB, I say more power to it.

Once again. I know that what ever CCP does, the players will just adjust and keep on ticking, like we do now. The FOBs should in a lot of ways replace incursions in a few years if developed with the intent to remove them.

Speaking of the FOBs strength - when I was fighting the BR one, they could pump out a large number of ships - seemed like an awful lot for a pirate base in HS. I hope they don’t get unlimited ships from moment one. I would rather seem them build up forces the longer they go unfound/unaggressed. With different possible loot tables depending on how long the structures been up. Loot should include BPCs for ships and modules, minerals, ore and other things, as these are a base of operations for the pirate factions to gain resource footholds. I would think it would even be cool if they hand a chance to drop ships. All of which would be probably piss off industrial players (I am one, but I have no problem blowing NPCs up and taking their shipt, all of which would need to be balanced someway.

But it would be cool to say blow one up and get like 40 Omens. Now you have 40 freeish Omens to go fit up and go shot someone (or sell off so someone else can do it and maybe they will be nice enough to shoot you too.).

1 Like

I can already see the Blood Raider FOBs never getting run. I was using this fit, and was capped out before the Cap Booster was even on reload (SBs were not running).

While for Guristas ECM is a much more manageable thing to deal with. Marauders are 100% immune to it, you don’t even have to build a fit around it.

While this was done in a solo Paladin, the fact remains that even for fleets the Neuts are way harder to deal with than the ECM (at least for PvE).

Or you just take more cap resistant ships rather than the heavily cap dependant marauders.

About 10 of us handled the blood raider one without much issue. The ai doesn’t seem able to handle two separate logistics teams. We found putting two teams of two guardians about 40+ km from each made it so the ai would only focus on one group at a time leaving the other completely unimpeded.

You just need to be smarter than the rats

Nice, i hope they will be adjusted so they can be soloed but with very pricey marauder nothing less, cool endgame content for HS :+1:

I was under impression that Gurista FOB only ECM’s and doesn’t neut… I was wrong. Neuted my Golem very quickly.
Edit: I tried to go in there on Rattlesnake with 2k passive rep (on thermal damage), and it died fairly quickly as well. It didn’t seem like there were many rats, but I guess they all did massive damage.

if this happens they will simply become a joke and a novelty

They should never be soloed.
If that happens some ■■■■ has really been ■■■■■■ up. And CCP would need to get their heads examined by a five hundred pound leech.

2 Likes

They are not being soloed, the people claiming to solo them are no doubt using a crapton of logi alts they conveniently don’t mention.

1 Like

We’re talking about the guy who wanted them adjusted to be soloed

As an Incursion Pilot myself the thought of charging around in Fleet with the crew, blapping baddies, is clearly gonna get my attention.

Incursions pay mega-well, but that also get mega-boring for content real quick ( as you know what is coming all the time ).

There is more to this game than Repetition and boredom. Hence why so many people left incursions, and why they felt that Incursions were broken.

So to take my ISK and spend it on a decent T1, link up with my crew, and go chase some Blood-Raiders or Guristas invaders ( possibly involving Police skins ) is gonna be fun.

Make the drops interesting, and make the ‘bounty’ a reasonable pay-out ( incursion pilots are rarely poor ), and you’ll have some fun action akin to Low-Sec sites in Battleships; but without the risk of gankers stopping your play ( usual High-Sec disclaimers apply ).

I can see this expansion working well.

However…

It would be a good idea for the Locals to report these new bases to The Agency when they spot them, or us Incursion Crews might not know where they are.

Like a Low-Sec roam on your day off this looks like it’ll be fun :slight_smile:

As I don’t have enough friends I plan on reporting these. Problem is I live in Sansha rat space of Amarr and not Blood Raider. Will have to see if any spawn.

They spawn all over high sec.

Help out today.

So next time I’m headed to Amarr to sell some t1 cruisers, I may be “challenged” by a BLOBB of very angry Blood Raiders or Guristas Pirates whom bring their own fax logi and stuff.
That sounds more like “entertainment value” for CCP than I.

Anyone know where any of these are on SISI currently?