[Lifeblood] Pirate Forward Operating Bases (Guristas, Blood Raiders)

My first guess would be Amarr and Caldari space and nullsec.

Спасибо ССР за интересный контент, жаль что награда слишком маленькая. Один раз уничтожить FOB можно, но заниматься этим постоянно не выгодно. Мне понравилось и моим друзьям тоже.
К сожалению многие игроки предпочитают болие выгодное, для кошелька, занятия в eve.

So do we know what the reward from these sites is at the moment?

I think nobody cares … but looks like some worthless Upwell faction modules plus a bit of ISK.

The worthless Upwell modules is true, but the bounty is 800m divided over the entire fleet. So this could be quite profitable, also, it’s more engaging content than running incursions or ratting in nullsec.

Is it just me or are these npc’s that the FOB spawns that go around shooting at people marked white and thus unable to be fired back at when they start shooting you if your safety is set to green?

Feels like a massive ****up that “Hey. We know they’re trying to blow you up right now but we’d like to inform you that this action can have issues. Sorry your ship is already exploding.”

I can be wrong but the probability of a 100% loss of my boat does not equal “engaging content”, it is the opposite.

CCP did not comprehend the first time, so I am writing it down a second time.

Nobody tells me what to do at any given time. I decide what I may or may not do, not your silly and unkillable blobbs of incompetence and it will not “persuade” me to buy your silly plex.

Get this CCP, you are mistaken.

1 Like

I seriously disagree with this, since I’m just starting out mining, and as such don’t have many contacts in EVE. The pirates hunting me in highsec means that they always kill my miners in highsec, which makes it damn-near unprofitable for me to mine. In fact it’s worse than CODE, since with CODE I can see when they’re in-system. They’re also always marked as peaceful, and friendly on grid, and I always get a warning for attacking them when they’re already attacking me. Also, I don’t seem to get the normal warnings when they’re attacking my ship’s shield, and when they’re eating into my armor. When I finally get alerted to the fact that I’m being attacked by the supposedly friendly npcs which are Concord blue, it’s too late as I can’t warp out in time.

As it is, I’ve already lost a fully fitted Hulk (my alt), a fully fitted stratios (though that’s to do more with stupidity from attacking the npc miner portion and not warping off in time),and three ‘augmented’ mining drones (my main). Since highsec ore doesn’t go for that much, it’s starting to look like a serious net loss for highsec miners, which takes the fun out of this game for me. I play to relax, not have mini heart-attacks from pve when I didn’t want to do any pvp. That equates to having lost almost a billion from unprovoked npc attacks in highsec, and considering that my alt’s omega state renewal is in a few days and my main’s not far off, it looks like I just won’t be able to first make enough for the renewal, and after not be able to mine effectively with the alt which wastes the point of paying for that alt or using it in the first place. If the losses continue (for the mining drone point, it looks as if they pop as soon as the npcs warp to the belt, and even if you’re hugging 'roids you can’t recall them fast enough to not lose any.) then it looks like mining in highsec simply wouldn’t be worth it, even for the normally relaxing quality since it no longer offers that.

As it stands, highsec became high risk mining with little reward. If I wanted high risk mining, I’d do that in low/nullsec, and if I wanted mini heart attacks from the inability to be forewarned of enemies in the area, I’d mine in a wormhole. At least then I’d have a high reward for the equal risk, just the only reason why I don’t do that is that it’s not fun for me, and it certaintly isn’t relaxing.

If I want pve I’ll take my stratios into a wormhole and farm sleepers, go belt ratting in 00, or do combat sites, not mine asteroids in my orca and hulk.

Considering that according to Steam I’ve already spent nearly $300 USD in this game, I’m very reluctant to stop playing, but with the recent addition of high-level blue-tagged npc pirates hunting you in highsec and high losses from it, I’m considering no longer playing.

Don’t get me wrong, the FOBs are a good idea for people that like pve and maybe do that for a ‘living’, but sending 4 one-hundred thousand isk bounty level cruisers to hunt you down no matter where you go in system really needs to be looked at, especially since isk has a conversion to real world money. A mining barge and especially an exhumer should be able to swat the hunting squad aside from having level 1 defensive drones on grid, even if it’d get down to maybe 20% armor without input from the player.

Now, having written all of this, I just now realize that this is written specifically for the lifeblood server, and not Tranquility. :cry:

Awe, well, I’m just a humble miner anyway. At least for now… Hopefully later, too.

Lifeblood server?

Man did you ever pick the right character name…

1 Like

I’m going to save any commentary on your highly suboptimal strategy to earn a PLEX for your additional account by AFK highsec mining in a Hulk and try to focus on the topic at hand since you seem to need some advice.

There are 1212 systems in highsec and these FOBs only spawn in a small fraction of them. They also show up on dscan and can be easily detected by combat probes. Sure, you might get unlucky and have one spawn in your system and attack you after you start mining, but likely these guys don’t instantly start roaming the system and you will have plenty of warning if you pay attention to your scanning.

Further, at least as of now they only seem to spawn in Blood Raider and Guristas space. That means there are systems where they should never be present at all.

There are other strategies one can imagine where you actually defend your mining ship, but given you can just avoid and/or evade them with a small amount of attention, I won’t bother with them here. Just treat them as mini-incursions that don’t have a chat channel but you have to scan for to see if they are present, and move if you don’t want to deal with them like you already do when an Incursions shows up in your system.

Oh, and there is only one server, at least only one worth mentioning in this discussion. We all play on Tranquillity and Lifeblood was just the name of the expansion to the game that was released last month. Everyone gets the benefits, and drawbacks, of these upgraded NPCs as this game is suppose to work.

3 Likes

If you think a Hulk can launch combat probes, AND think that mining doesn’t work, not to mention the tone of your first paragraph… Perhaps you should actually read the post another time or two, before considering a reply, it seems to have evaded you

This stuff is as bad as the NPC miners wiping out most of the belts before the USA sits down to play. That is overkill too, shoot an NPC a couple of times to get them to leave and find a fleet of 20 ships with a battleship leading flaming in, I haven’t seen a mining system yet that has enough around to take that force on. At least you can run then, but this new idea doesn’t sound that nice

Come now. If you are using a Hulk, a fleet ship, you can just get the Orca to fit probes. And if not, it only takes less than a minute to undock in a scanning frigate, deploy probes at maximum range and see if there is a FOB in the system. Heck, it only takes 1 second to use your dscan which will also show them if they are within 14AU.

You are acting like spending a minute or two to scout the system is a completely intolerable thing for CCP to ask you to do to ensure your safety.

Buck up man! This is a game and these new NPCs are there to make it more interesting. Accept it is the small bit of uncertainty and minor challenge it is meant to be and make dealing with it part of your routine.

I think you’ll find it isn’t especially difficult to avoid these guys.

Pedro is right 100%, FOBs don’t spawn far out, if you take a look around the system with d-scan before you start mining, you will know if there is a FOB or not. If there is, move next door, and report it to “The Defense Network” if it wasn’t been already.

1 Like

I did some tests at a Blood Raider FoB earlier and found out that they will engage you at up to 875 km from the FoB.

See image below.

What was interesting was that if you warp to the station at lets say 500km, 600km, 700km, 800km and 900km the FoB Pirates will not attack you until you approach the station at 25 km from your recent location of lets say 500km.

The FoB Pirates didn’t engage me in a pod past 900km though.

It took them a while to find me past 700km but when they started doing their Burst Pattern when all of the ships warp to different locations is when they found me.

You are not able to warp to book marks that you make away from the FoB either. You either have to warp to the FoB itself or each book mark. This could mean that there is a field that keeps you from being able to warp between book marks.

I however did not try using two or Mobile Warp Jump Depots which could be used as an advantage.

I also think that the FoB ships are on a cycling pattern of using their E-War versus DPS as well. I fit up an Incursus with a Ship Scanner and Cargo scanner and warped to within 30 km of the FoB and did a ship scan, which is linked below.

Blood Raider FoB Ship Scan Report

I thought my ship was going to be destroyed but was surprised when it warped off. I then warped back and did a cargo scan which revealed nothing and warped off again. I then warped to the furthest point at 500 km if I recall and the Omens immediately warped to me and destroyed by ship with DPS only.

When making all of the book marks all of ships used their E-war and scramblers on my pod. But once they docked up and a Bestower came and went the Omens simply used their DPS on my ship and my pod.

Between 500km and 900km they seem to lose interest in ships but still warp to you after several cycles of warping around.

If a fleet simply keeps warping back and forth to the same location you should be okay, for a time, past 500km.

It seems though that when the FoB Pirate fleet Burst Warps is when they will actually then warp to your location after two cycles of Burst Warping if you are sitting idle at 500km to 875km.

FoB Pirate Range is not limited either.

At the 700km location I thought I was safe. Then the FoB Pirates did a Burst Warp and then warped in on my Pod. FoB Pirates from nearly at another group warp to point, 1,250 km away targeted my pod and provided fire.

Has anyone been able to kill one of these new immortal FoB’s yet?

https://zkillboard.com/group/1924/

they have worthless drop.

They require specific fits and much coordination. also the drop is very huge on volume, the salvage is bad.

Basically they need a lot of efforts and provide no reward.

1 Like

The faction mods are the main loot from them. It really depends if those are worth it, which some have had some drops.

Hi, are there any on SISI?

No, FOB’s and the null Shipyards are not enabled on SISI.