[Lifeblood] Resource Wars

Well, Dave - count me skeptical of your assessment. We’ll just see how it works out soon won’t we.

shrug i’m not the only one who has pointed out how useless combat ships are.

and unlike other people posting in this thread - i’ve been on sisi and tried them out.

we have seen how it works… many of us have been messing with it extensively at all levels.

mining ships are all you need full stop. combat ships do not help you finish faster or at all

Alright, that is news. I haven’t read this whole thread so those details do change things.

If you’ve run level 5 resource wars sites, successfully (completing the mission) in 10 min, with nothing but mining ships … then this does seem like an opportunity lost for spontaneous co-operative participation of a mix of players.

That’s what you’re saying, right?

its 15 for the level 5s not 10s and not only can you do them with just mining ships you can do them with as little as 2

1 Like

In level 3 the asteroids are the same as per level 1. Tiny unit counts which require micro management of Miner II. I would assume that the volume would approx. match an Alpha in a Venture and a complete cycle.

But I can figure that in the higher levels with Strips, it will get extremely frustrating to pulse Strip cycles, if the trend is continued. That’s if the capacitor will hold up over repeated re-starts. (I have only reached level 3 currently).

During my level 3 test, one of the three orca’s was taking a beating getting into low structure. The UI shows health and ore status of each orca, but it is not interactive. I wanted to click the dying one to target and approach. It would nice if this worked like a Fleet Watch List.

no - no cooperation is required. just mine and drop ore in to the orca like you would if you were solo. what the other players are doing really doesn’t matter. either you mine enough ore on your own or they mine some too and aren’t complete deadweight leechers like i would be \o/

1 Like

I’ve done a critical site with two chars. Lugh and Dave are right. There is no need for combat ships. If the players don’t drop drones or attack any rats, they are never attacked enough by the rats to be killed. The friendly NPC’s (of which there are an unlimited reinforcements) take almost all the aggro whilst the players just mine.

I’d still say the friendly NPC’s do too much. Even as a meatshield.

Rats scramming the orca’s is a good idea. So is straight up removing some (or all) of the friendly NPC’s, or greatly increasing the time they re-spawn. Try to achieve a point where players and orca’s are overwhelmed if they don’t have friendly players reducing enemy dps. Rats that enter the site as an ADDITION to the rats already on the field, but that also have a slow re-spawn time so killings them matters.

1 Like

This may be a perfect place to try out the Skiff for the fist time.

So at my first attempt, my Ibis exploded in the level 1 site. After a few looks in the logs, I got a Venture and completed the site with bonus time ezpz.

Now the rewards are kinda not worth my time and I will not ever pay 100 million isk for a Drake.

lol are we playing the same game?

have you met the proc or skiff? and after the change the orca es scurry

also vexor

1 Like

A-ha.

Tried this, now my fans don’t sound like a 747 at take off.

Thank you!

Please elaborate, as I am personally debating on whether to get an Orca or not.

Greetings pilots!

Just a quick update from us regarding recent balance changes. Orcas are no longer able to enter any of the sites, and we’ve increased the player limit for 4/5 sites so they currently scale as such: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 max players. We’ve also changed some of the NPC behaviors so that the sites are more fun and challenging for all participants.

Fly safe!
CCP Turtlepower // Team Genesis

2 Likes

Why does that quote fill me with equal parts excitement and dread. :thinking:

1 Like

Good, I’ll test these tonight

Have you addressed logi not getting participation without having to mess around with drones instead of… y’know being logi?

I’m afraid not, this will not happen for the initial release.

-Turtle

but that means it’s in the pipeline, right?

also, you still haven’t added the porpoise to the list - are industrial command ships just not being allowed in at all so we’ll have to use command destroyers/battlecruisers if we want boosts?

3 Likes

It is not much “fun” getting blown to bits by an NPC. Whenever SiSi comes back on, I will try this but I fear the worst.

To be honest I ran through all sites except a Critical (Minmatar) and could not find a difference.

Standard is still the one that gives me the most issues.

1 Like

Oh okay that is good news.