[Lifeblood] Resource Wars

Not every ship can fit mining equipment, with limited time and space you jump into RW as they pop up. In a way RW is also an extension of Ratting.

a better reason to bring a combat ship would be if it simply contributed to the site completion.

iā€™ve already outlined how this could very easily have been achieved after thinking about the problem for less time than it took me to type out the explanation - not quite sure why it took a whole team so long to come up with a worse solution.

no - RW is an extension of mining with the bonus of making sure leeching deadweight also gets free money at your expense.

Umm, noā€¦ If you donā€™t mine/kill you get no rewardā€¦ Its Ratting and Mining combined.

no, itā€™s just mining.

the site ends when you fill the haulers, nothing else ends the site. combat ships are completely redundant.

to complete the site the haulers must be full - thatā€™s it. to get a payout once the site reaches completion you must have either deposited ore in to a hauler, or (based on a dev post earlier in the thread) done damage to a rat that gets killed.

relevant quote

So yes you need to fight.

nope - because fighting doesnā€™t contribute to the site being completed. that ONLY happens when the hauler is full of ore. no rats need to be killed for that to happen.

all youā€™re doing by bringing a combat ship is making the site take longer as thereā€™s 1 less miner than there could have otherwise been.

1 Like

Rats will web and scram haulers, so yeah shooting is important.

not on sisi they donā€™t.

they donā€™t even scram players - hell, they donā€™t even bother attacking players.

regardless, mining ships have drones and drone damage bonuses - combat ships are still redundant.

have you even tested these things on sisi?

No I havenā€™t, Iā€™m going by what CCP has said. Have you tested all 5 levels? Is what you tested the final version? Was any of the AI bigged?

then why are you posting in the sisi feedback thread?

think the only site i havenā€™t done is the level 3, iā€™ve done the rest.

itā€™s the version thatā€™s on sisi.
AI seems to be working fine, the npcs shoot each other all day, haulers warp off when full, etc.

1 because I can watch and make my own observations.
2 it was stated at Vegas that npc should be screaming the haulers.
3 Iā€™ve watched several streams of mostly level 1 and 2, if itā€™s not happening (tackle) at any level then thatā€™s a problem.
4 these sites are designed to be done with all combat fit miners, or miner fit cimbatā€¦ if it canā€™t be done both ways thatā€™s a problem.

so you havenā€™t tried them.

what you think happens is irrelevant. iā€™m telling you what happens.

iā€™m running a major site solo right now (which isā€¦ level 4 or 5, i forget. think 4, think the 5 is called critical).

honestly, iā€™m soloing it. other than the fact that iā€™m running out of time iā€™m having no issues. if i had 3 more miners iā€™d have done this site in under 4 mins without a full group (thatā€™s what it took me to fill the first hauler, there are 4 haulers. 1 at each hauler and the site wouldā€™ve been done very quickly). the distance between haulers is too big for you to comfortably solo the higher level sites in the time allowed. however the frigate rats that tackle are laughably weak and my tank isnā€™t even remotely close to breaking.

absolutely no need for a combat ship - more miners is what you need.

edit: the rats were a bit more aggressive than last time i tried, but they do laughably low dps that you can literally ignore while you carry on mining.

@CCP_Turtlepower

I am noticing in the bigger sites (standard upwards) that the dust clouds start to put a strain on my GPU ā€¦ seeing as there was a bit of a purge on such things a while back to get them (the clouds) out of dungeons for performance reasons I find it somewhat strange that the new sites use them at all.

1 Like

No you already have far more time than needed

This is one of them face-palm momentsā€¦

5 Likes

These are actually not clouds, they are environments that come with asteroids. You can turn them off in the Esc menu, Display&Graphics tab, Asteroid Environments.

o7
Turtle

1 Like

Is this still a miner only activity with no incentive for a combat ship or did they change it?

why would you say thereā€™s no incentive for combat ships? If the enemy rats prevent the miners on site from harvesting the target amount then capsuleer combatants can contribute to successful site completion by either destroying npcs or healing capsuleer miners.

In any case, isnā€™t it true that any player on grid when the site successfully completes will gain the same reward?

they donā€™t.

also mining ships have drone bonuses equal to that of combat ships anyway - combat ships are thoroughly redundant in resource wars.

also logistics ships donā€™t get rewards as they donā€™t kill rats ore mine ore - theyā€™re even more redundant than combat ships.

yes - so you want as many miners as you can get to complete the sites faster. a combat ship is one less miner, and a longer site, leading to less rewards.